Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'MessageRenamer' Lets You Re-name Conversations in Your Messages Application

Default 'MessageRenamer' Lets You Re-name Conversations in Your Messages Application

If you have a ton of active conversations in your Messages application, then you may find it difficult to keep track of them. Especially those group conversations. A new free jailbreak tweak dubbed MessageRenamer by iOS developer Atlas Wegman aims to make it easier for you to keep track of your conversations by letting you label them whatever you want to label them as.

MessageRenamer uses Action Menu to allow you to tap and hold on a conversation in the Messages application to bring up a menu allowing you to re-name the conversation, as shown above. After tapping on the Rename button, you will be able to enter a name of your choice in the pop-up that appears. You can then tap on the Set button in the pop-up to save your custom name as the name of the conversation.

If at any time you want to reset the name of the conversation to Apple's default, you can bring up Action Menu again, move over a few buttons, and you will find a Reset button. You will also find a Cancel button for the unlikely event that you decide opening Action Menu was an accident:

Notably, conversation names return to normal after you close the application from the App Switcher and re-open it, or the Messages application gets killed some other way, like rebooting. On the other hand, if you simply close out of the application and re-open it from the App Switcher or home screen without closing out of it, your conversation names will remain. With that in mind, it's not a permanent modification, but it's a way to keep your conversations organized for your conversation sessions.

UPDATE: The issue with conversation names not being saved has been fixed.

If you want to give MessageRenamer a try, you will find it in Cydia's BigBoss repository for free. The tweak doesn't have any options to configure.

Name: MessageRenamer
    Price: FREE
    Version: 0.0.1-82
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Atlas Wegman
    Editor's Rating: / 3.5/5
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 08-13-2013 at 09:37 PM.

Thanks

Proof that there is no point to jailbreaking.

Green Apple
    Thanks

+1

Would have been awesome and something I have been asking for for a long time. But not worth it if it just resets all the time.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thumbs up True that
    [QUOTE]Proof that there is no point to jailbreaking./QUOTE]

+1

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Yah too bad it resets, else I would get it. I really could use it, but not if it forgets the names when app is closed. But regarding "no point to jaibreaking"- that's horse poodoo. Go buy a droid then.

Thanks

what a pointless tweak for 2 reasons:

it resets after the app is closed out.

it's only compatible with messages.app. everyone I know who's jailbroken uses bite or some other replacement for the stock messages app

Quote Originally Posted by *T* View Post
    speak for yourself

Quote Originally Posted by patoons View Post
    what a pointless tweak for 2 reasons:

it resets after the app is closed out.

it's only compatible with messages.app. everyone I know who's jailbroken uses bite or some other replacement for the stock messages app
    i still use messages.app. haha
    the developer said he is working on a fix for that. so hopefully it will work well.

Proof that you are an idiot. Are you serious with this post? I seriously hope not because this is one of the dumbest things I've ever read on this forum. There are tons of reasons to jailbreak. I wouldn't even bother with a lame stock iPhone. Ignorance is bliss I suppose.

nice...

cheaters downloading this in 3,2,1 ...... LMAO

cheaters downloading this in 3,2,1...
    Last edited by ogkikz; 08-13-2013 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ogkikz View Post
    cheaters downloading this in 3,2,1 ...... LMAO

cheaters downloading this in 3,2,1...
    someone tell this guy you can just change the names of people in your contacts....

You my friend are seriously deluded there is no point of owning an iPhone without jailbreaking but the very concept of jailbreaking been pointless is insanity!

UPDATE: The issue with conversation names not being saved has been fixed.