+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'EasyIconEdit' Lets You Move Multiple Home Screen App Icons At Once

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
It can be a real pain trying to move each application icon on your home screen one by one to get that perfect home screen setup. If you have ever
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'EasyIconEdit' Lets You Move Multiple Home Screen App Icons At Once

It can be a real pain trying to move each application icon on your home screen one by one to get that perfect home screen setup. If you have ever wanted to make it easier on yourself to move multiple application icons on the home screen to different pages at once, then you should check out a new free jailbreak tweak called EasyIconEdit by iOS developer DDT.

With EasyIconEdit, you can move more than one application icon on your home screen to a different home screen page at once. To use the tweak, you put your iOS device into jiggle mode, and then start tapping on application icons. As you tap on the application icons, a green highlight will surround them and they will stop jiggling, as shown above.

After you have a number of applications with the green highlight under them, you can move to a different page of the home screen and the application icons will follow you to the new page. You can then start tapping on the application icons that moved with your page swipe to introduce them to the new page.

The way the tweak works makes it very easy for you to move multiple application icons between multiple home screen pages without having to use as much time and effort as you usually would with the stock method of moving application icons.

EasyIconEdit is very similar to MultiIconMover. They accomplish the same task, however the way the application icons are moved from page to page are somewhat different. The tweak doesn't come with any options to configure. If you want to give EasyIconEdit a try, you will find it in Cydia's BigBoss repository at no cost.

Name: EasyIconEdit
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: iOS 6.0+
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: DDT
    Editor's Rating:  4/5
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 08-11-2013 at 01:05 PM.

Banned
    Thanks

Multi icon mover all day!! Whoop whoop

3. The Following User Says Thank You to xhazex9x For This Useful Post:

Silverado1987 (08-11-2013)

Thanks

Multiiconmmover does the same thing, but this has a different ui for the tweak, tbh i like this better

dsg
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,975 Times in 771 Posts

interesting how does it compare to MultiIconMover?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Sounds like MultiIconMover, a tried and tested tweak that has existed for years and that we know plays nicely with just about every other tweak out there.

Thanks

I installed this tweak but it wasn't working. I'm glad I ended up coming to this thread because I would've never learned about multiiconmover had I not.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Christophxr View Post
    Sounds like MultiIconMover, a tried and tested tweak that has existed for years and that we know plays nicely with just about every other tweak out there.
    Except for moving apps onto a blank new page of folderenhancer.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LithePanther View Post
    Except for moving apps onto a blank new page of folderenhancer.
    Actually, it works just fine for that. Due to the fact that easy icon edit was not working for me, I installed the alternate tweak.

The very first thing I did was move a large group of apps onto a separate blank page within folder enhancer

Thanks

Looks similar to multiiconmover but I don't like the [UIColor greenColor]; background with the icons, maybe a green glow would be better (UIShadow or Quartz).
    HIT THANKS BUTTON TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION