+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Uninstall Application Size' Shows You the Size of an Application Before You Delete it

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'Uninstall Application Size' Shows You the Size of an Application Before You Delete it

If your iOS device storage is filling up and you need to delete some applications to free up some space, then you might feel better knowing how much storage space will be freed when you delete one or more of your applications. Thatís at least one of the the ideas behind a new free jailbreak tweak called Uninstall Application Size by iOS developer Cykey.

Shown above, the tweak makes it so that the size of the application you are about to delete is displayed in the alert message that confirms whether or not you want to delete the application. This makes it easy to decide in a split second if the application you want to delete is even worth deleting to free up more disk space.

Apart from being able to manage your storage space more efficiently, the tweak also just gives you a little bit more relevant information from the get-go that Apple doesnít give you unless you dig deep into your Settings application. With that being said, it's a nice little addition that some may appreciate.

The tweak doesn't come with any options to configure. If you want to give Uninstall Application Size a try, it's available in Cydia's BigBoss repository for free.

Name: Uninstall Application Size
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0-3
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Cykey
    Editor's Rating: / 3.5/5

My iPhone is a Part of Me slim.jim's Avatar
    Thanks

You can already do this from settings and it shows you all of the apps in a nice list with their storage usage. It's not that the deep in settings either (General-Usage).
    Last edited by slim.jim; 08-10-2013 at 08:50 AM.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    You can already do this from settings and it shows you all of the apps in a nice list with their storage usage. It's not that the deep in settings either (General-Usage).
    Yeah I mentioned that, but I think the tweak will be more convenient for someone that wants an on-the-spot peek from the home screen.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

emerica6708 (08-10-2013)

Thanks

I NEED this tweak! Seriously though, this tweak is the reason to jail brake!