+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 5 and iPhone 5S Comparison Confirms Rumors of Similar Design

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default iPhone 5 and iPhone 5S Comparison Confirms Rumors of Similar Design

A recent side-by-side comparison of the iPhone 5 parts with components allegedly built for Apple’s next-generation “iPhone 5S” show minor internal changes with the most significant being a longer ribbon cable attached to the front display. The direct comparison of front panels was first published by Fanatic Fone, which suggests that Apple’s unannounced next-gen iPhone will sport largely the same look as that of the iPhone 5.

Aside from the longer and redesigned ribbon cable on the front panel, the rest of the part looks mostly the same, with a few internal changes in the form of moved screws and other minor tweaks. On the outside, the parts look identical to that of the iPhone 5 with the FaceTime camera remaining directly above the handset’s earpiece.

The screw placement around the “iPhone 5S” home button is also essentially unchanged. Rumors have suggested that Apple plans to embed a fingerprint scanner inside the home button of its next iPhone but so far none of the leaked parts have offered any evidence of significant hardware changes.

The Cupertino California company is expected to hold an event at some point in September to unveil its new iPhone lineup for the fall of 2013 and onward. In addition to a next-generation iPhone, Apple is expected to introduce a new low-cost iPhone with a plastic back and the same 4-inch display as the iPhone 5. The work has supposedly begun as supply chain partners are said to be in the process of gearing up for production.

Source: Fanatic Fone

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Green Apple
    Thanks

OH What a surprise........

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    oh wow I didnt expect 5S and 5 to have the same design.. hahahaha

Thanks
    Thanked 3,873 Times in 2,212 Posts

^^^^^
    Haha you 2 stop that sarcasm

Now there is a few things not mentioned that has me pondering in the comparison shots actually 3 things really looks like i need to do some research

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

The funny thing about these parts is that Apple is constantly modifying the hardware before finalizing the design for mass production. Even if these parts are legit there is no way to know whether they are final design or simply discarded prototypes. For all we know the iPhone 5S could sports. 5" square display that would be lousy for both web viewing and watching video, yet would eliminate the need for locking rotation, this simplifying life for us iPhone devotees. Just saying.
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If Apple keeps doing this S-crap and milking the cow and milking the cow, they will be reduced to nothing very soon.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I would say Samsung has both hands on the udders. How many versions of the Galaxy are there now? Just in the last few months..So what is the difference?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steve11 For This Useful Post:

Mohit555 (08-07-2013), regkilla (08-07-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hey apple. Its a freaking phone yall act like im gonna marry the piece of crap. Be creative have fun, make phones that have never been made!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to hennyj For This Useful Post:

iH85CH001 (08-07-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,709 Times in 845 Posts

The changes are so very tiny - it kind of makes one wonder what the point of re-designing it is.

I'm guessing these tiny changes are because:

1. Makes it easier/ cheaper to manufacture.
    2. Keeps parts and components inflated in price.
    3. Reduces weight.
    4. Keeps their incredibly well-paid engineers busy.

I'm leaning on #4 as the sole reason, with a little motivation from #2.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Apple needs to start pulling some rabbits out of a hat and finger out of its nought. It's losing its luster. The competition is rapidly moving ahead. Right now the only thing that's keeping me on the iOS platform is all the Apps I've bought over the years. But I will change if something significant isn't forthcoming from Apple soon.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Saved0ne's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hennyj View Post
    Hey apple. Its a freaking phone yall act like im gonna marry the piece of crap. Be creative have fun, make phones that have never been made!
    LOL, so you mean like the original iPhone, or perhaps the iPhone 3G, iPhone 4, or iPhone 4S? Oh and actually.. wait, yeah the iPhone 5. All of them were ahead of their other competitors...

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jj2345's Avatar
    Thanks

If the new iPhone doesn't have 1080p and a slightly larger display I'm not upgrading

iPhone? More like MyPhone Venom1234's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zareeba View Post
    Apple needs to start pulling some rabbits out of a hat and finger out of its nought. It's losing its luster. The competition is rapidly moving ahead. Right now the only thing that's keeping me on the iOS platform is all the Apps I've bought over the years. But I will change if something significant isn't forthcoming from Apple soon.
    Agree with you buddy. Just switched to the Galaxy S4 Active and haven't looked back. I love the phone and what Android has to offer, but I still love my iPad and MacBook, just Apple is losing the phone area a lot. The lack of innovation and the fact that the competition has so much more to offer with better phones and specs I got tired of these minimal upgrades and jokes of a phone. Still love my iPad though.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

They came up with a great selling tactic. To start releasing s models of products. So even with minor upgrades it will still sell like hot cakes.

Thanks

To all the people that don't think the 5S will look like the 5..umm you are wrong. 4S looked exactly like the 4. 3GS looked exactly like the 3. I don't need a completely different looking phone every year. Im fine with what i have an iPhone 5. I think with technology moving so rapidly, we tend to expect "major" changes in all new hardware. That's just not profitable. What a consumer wants a consumer eventually gets. All at once would be a failure. The term "eggs in one basket" or "letting the cat out of the bag" come to mind. Remember the competition just copies anything new anyway haha.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I've jumped ship (for now). My 4S suffered from a "dry" bag failure while tubing on the White River and I was eligible for an upgrade. I had planned to keep the 4S until Apple released a phone with a bigger screen - the iPhone 5 didn't cut it in terms of what I was hoping for in increased screen size and so I didn't choose it. I'm now rocking an HTC One and so far it's pretty sweet, although I am still getting comfortable with Android.

It's the ease of adding programs to Android that would have required a jailbreak or doing things natively from Android that the iPhone couldn't do. Specifically, I installed XBMC first and it was an easy process. Second, I can print to my wireless printer without it having to be one of the few that the iphone supports.

So far so good and until the iphone makes some real changes to reclaim it's former glory, I'm done son.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Host_Killer's Avatar
    Thanks

Won't buy 5S. Looking for something that can competer with G4S hardware.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,752 Times in 2,642 Posts

Pretty sure the RAM will not be bumped up but will stay as 1gb.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ABOSWORTH's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    Pretty sure the RAM will not be bumped up but will stay as 1gb.
    I disagree. I think they will bump it up.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hennyj View Post
    Actually me and my beautiful iphone 5 were married last week. One of the nice things about her is that shes almost as tall as me.