+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 7 Beta 5 Seeded to Developers

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Just did a full restore and still no unlock sounds. Just thought I'd let you guys know
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Sakyr's Avatar
    Thanks

Just did a full restore and still no unlock sounds. Just thought I'd let you guys know

iPhone? More like MyPhone iChopPryde's Avatar
    Thanks

Everything about beta 5 feels a lot better faster smoother and a lot of the UI feels and looks a lot more polished and finished. Turnoff iPhone has new UI and when calling someone has new UI and it looks better IMO. The animations when closin and opening folders is a lot faster and you can click the app instantly no more waiting. iPhone 4S keyboard is still has the see through blue effect so the above comment is incorrect nothing had changed there (try a reboot or reinstall).

Only thing I have noticed is the boot time takes way longer now but once up and running feels like a pretty polished OS now

Scratch that using safari and typing this message trying to hit the "add comment" is almos impossible.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Same problem as beta 1 on my iPhone 5 - Battery drain. Brightness still doesn't work correctly.

Time to go back to iOS 6.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Slimz View Post
    Same problem as beta 1 on my iPhone 5 - Battery drain. Brightness still doesn't work correctly.

I haven't had an issue with brightness or the battery since I updated to beta 2 on any of my devices. 2 i5's and a iPad 4.

Green Apple
    Thanks

No unlock sounds for me either. Also I was just in the notes app and tried to use the five finger pinch or close the app. Doing it slowly caused all animations to fail and it left me with a blank background. No coming back from it either. Home button presses, sleep, tried to power off, nothing. I did a hard power off (hold home and sleep button) and it took about three times as long to turn back on. Thought it had bricked it but it's back up now.

Update: typing this from my Iphone because the iPad is restarting again....I'd advise not using the gesture to close apps for now it seems random
    Last edited by bcon1208; 08-06-2013 at 05:13 PM.
    Bcon

Thanks
    Thanked 1,691 Times in 835 Posts

I'm not sure how you guys can stand operating on Beta or Alpha software. I would get way too frustrated!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (08-06-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    I'm not sure how you guys can stand operating on Beta or Alpha software. I would get way too frustrated!
    Cause we can stand it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    It's really not that bad. I updated my everyday use iPhone 5 with beta 1 and haven't downgraded since. The battery drain and brightness of beta 1 was bad but that's all been fixed since beta 2.

Quote Originally Posted by bcon1208 View Post
    No unlock sounds for me either. Also I was just in the notes app and tried to use the five finger pinch or close the app. Doing it slowly caused all animations to fail and it left me with a blank background. No coming back from it either. Home button presses, sleep, tried to power off, nothing. I did a hard power off (hold home and sleep button) and it took about three times as long to turn back on. Thought it had bricked it but it's back up now.

Update: typing this from my Iphone because the iPad is restarting again....I'd advise not using the gesture to close apps for now it seems random
    The gestures seem fine on my iPad. I tried them all in several apps. Even using the close gesture but not closing the app all the way and then opening it back up (pinch and then spread).
    Last edited by slim.jim; 08-06-2013 at 06:27 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyruf View Post
    Anyone having Wi-Fi problems? I clicked forget network and now it when I try to connect it says unable to join.

Also in b5 the boot time is a lot slower. A LOT

EDIT: Wi-Fi started working
    My boot time is insanely slow as well

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carnage122896 View Post
    My boot time is insanely slow as well
    How slow is it?

I turned off normally. Powered on and started a stopwatch as soon as the apple logo appeared on the screen. Stopped it when the lock-screen was visible... 27 seconds. I don't know what is considered good or bad, but that doesn't seem that long.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    It's really not that bad. I updated my everyday use iPhone 5 with beta 1 and haven't downgraded since. The battery drain and brightness of beta 1 was bad but that's all been fixed since beta 2.

The gestures seem fine on my iPad. I tried them all in several apps. Even using the close gesture but not closing the app all the way and then opening it back up (pinch and then spread).
    I almost always close apps using the gestures and it's only happened twice so far, but twice right in a row basically, and with different apps. And from what I can tell the only way to fix it is to hard power off the device.
    Bcon

Green Apple
    Thanks

Unlock sound is gone by design

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

No unlock sound neither for me...

iPhone? More like MyPhone holyshnikes's Avatar
    Thanks

Maybe their going tomupdate the sounds? They've also been around since the first iPhone....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I like the old phone dialer allot better, cause it was transparent and also when u type on the web the keyboard isn't really transparent any more and also the Keyboard for texting. Seems like the took away keyboard transparency all together. Kinda sucks I hope they change it back on the final version

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jasonbanas View Post
    I like the old phone dialer allot better, cause it was transparent and also when u type on the web the keyboard isn't really transparent any more and also the Keyboard for texting. Seems like the took away keyboard transparency all together. Kinda sucks I hope they change it back on the final version
    The keyboards haven't changed since beta 1. They are still transparent.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I like the old phone dialer allot better, cause it was transparent and also when u type on the web the keyboard isn't really transparent any more and also the Keyboard for texting. Seems like the took away keyboard transparency all together. Kinda sucks I hope they change it back on the final version. Anyone else loose the transparency for keyboard and dialer?

Mine isn't transparent anymore

iPhone? More like MyPhone kosher1's Avatar
    Thanks

Any word on JB?

Thanks
    The keyboard is no longer transparent either for my iPad 3 I like the transparency a lot😩

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Slimz View Post

It's called perception, adjust your settings.