Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: CocoaNuts Announces The Imminent Release of Celeste 2 for iOS 6

Default CocoaNuts Announces The Imminent Release of Celeste 2 for iOS 6

One of the more well known jailbreak tweaks in Cydia is Celeste Bluetooth Sharing by CocoaNuts. Users have been waiting patiently for the release of the software for the latest jailbreakable firmware, and the good news is the wait is just about over.

The development team Tuesday happily announced that Celeste 2 for iOS 6.0 and later would be coming out in the near future. The team has been working hard to integrate new features into the software, such as the exciting new support for iOS' original Bluetooth stack. CocoaNuts notes that Celeste 2 is the first software of its kind to take advantage of iOS' bult-in Bluetooth stack.

Celeste 2 will integrate fully with iOS 6’s sharing menu, Notification Center, and will work from most applications. Users will also receive a copy of CocoaNuts' Gremlin software with Celeste 2, allowing any media that is transferred over Bluetooth to be imported to the device's media library.

Celeste 2 will be a zero-configuration jailbreak tweak for iOS that will provide a seamless Bluetooth transfer interface for users. The developers have been kind enough to share ModMyi-exclusive preview screenshots of the software running on iOS 6 that you can view below:

Keep your eyes peeled as we update you with the latest! The software is currently in an internal beta as the developers work out the last bugs.

Update: Celeste 2 will be a free upgrade for existing Celeste owners. New users can buy the application when it's out for $9.99.

Sources: CocoaNuts
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 08-07-2013 at 09:58 AM.

Why don't you just use Airblue Sharing? Works like a charm for me... Just sayin'

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Because long term Celeste users are in desperate need of a fix!
    I wonder if Celeste 2 is a free upgrade? I have been using Celeste since it came out on iOS4, through 5 and currently on 6.
    Last edited by DC_Dave; 08-06-2013 at 12:06 PM.

Lol what's the point in updating it now we're about to be getting iOS 7 in a few weeks

Quote Originally Posted by xhazex9x View Post
    Lol what's the point in updating it now we're about to be getting iOS 7 in a few weeks
    Exactly. These devs seem kind of pathetic as devs for just now getting to the end. It must be 1-2 people working on it for an hour a week to just now be getting done.

Quote Originally Posted by xhazex9x View Post
    Most people aren't going to give up their jailbreak to update to a non-jailbroken iOS 7.

Following patterns, iOS 7 won't be jailbroken for several weeks, or months after the public release.

i wish i would have payed for airblue than celeste, the people who made celeste are jokes, they have been tweeting about updates for it for months on end and what a surprise nothing! if your going to charge people such a high amount for a tweak then dont leave them all out of pocket with a tweak that dont work for ever!

I agree with dc_dave. I wonder if its going to be a free upgrade??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by prayingmantis7 View Post
    with a tweak that dont work for ever!
    A working version for iOS6 should be epic, but the iOS5 version will still work on iOS6 if you use iFile.
    Last edited by DC_Dave; 08-06-2013 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Most people aren't going to give up their jailbreak to update to a non-jailbroken iOS 7.

Following patterns, iOS 7 won't be jailbroken for several weeks, or months after the public release.

Just from reading around it looks like a lot more people will give up their jailbreak for ios 7 than they did for ios 6's release. Plus, haven't we been hearing that the reason there hasn't been a jailbreak for ios 6.1.3/6.1.4 because the devs are stockpiling exploits? Seems like if they've been stockpiling, a jailbreak will come out a lot sooner than the last one. Just sayin. And if those exploits aren't available to be used on ios 7, why haven't we seen all versions of ios 6 jailbroken? All questions that haven't been answered over the past couple of months.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by liverjello View Post
    I suspect a lot of work has gone into this update. Comparing MyWi at $20, that upgrade was $5, now with Celeste at $10, that makes their upgrade $2.50! I would pay that, however, I did not pay the MyWi $5 upgrade as I had already spent $20, instead I spent the $5 upgrade fee on TetherMe. So pricing has to be carefully calculated.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
    Exactly. These devs seem kind of pathetic as devs for just now getting to the end. It must be 1-2 people working on it for an hour a week to just now be getting done.
    If there pathetic why don't you just start writing code. You sound like you'd be pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post

You don't necessarily know that they could have a jb ready and not have said anything cause they know it would be easily blocked as ios7 is only in beta either way pointless to update a tweak almost a year later stupid move by the devs cause they prob lost an assload of new customers already

Can't believe it has taken this long to update celeste, was waiting for this for far too long, luckily, airblue sharing came around ages ago and sorted my Bluetooth file sharing needs, wouldn't dream of ditching them now !.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to dazdaman80 For This Useful Post:

iH85CH001 (08-06-2013)

Thanks

Why not just use ifile?

Quote Originally Posted by liverjello View Post
    They have been tweeting this would have been a free update for weeks. Not being free anymore would just render them more ridicolous than they already are. Although that version 2 numbering is suspicious...
    Anyways, they won't get a single cent from me again. I really don't care about them using the native Stack, Airblue works 100% and has all the features I need (multi transfer above all). Looking at the Screenshots, there's NOTHING that Airblue hasn't been offering for months.
    Last edited by Fafner; 08-07-2013 at 01:17 AM.

Update: Celeste 2 will be a free upgrade for existing Celeste owners. New users can buy the application when it's out for $9.99.