Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Android Obliterates iOS with 80% of All Q2 Global Smartphone Shipments

iPhone? More like MyPhone Striknine's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    lmao. its not one phone vs many, when will you apple fab boys realise that. its iOS vs Android. people are not choosing Android phones over Phones, they're choosing one OS over another. Its nobody's fault but apple if iOS is only available on apple products.

apple could easily turn things around if they really wanted to but don't think they care one bit about market share or the price of apple stock as long as they make tons of money.

people said the same things you're saying when the iPhone 5 came out yet apple still lost market share and has been every year.
    If it were apple's iOS out sells Android, all the Apple fan boys would take that to the bank. The iPhone OS isn't that great. Why did they just change everything around in iOS 7? Because it was the same OLD OS that's been released since the first iPhone.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Striknine For This Useful Post:

rickuk (08-02-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

The only useful analogy in these comments is the Honda versus Ferrari example. Apple doesn't need to sell as many iPhones to make in profit as android manufacturers must. Honda can sell 50 civics for every Ferrari, but if Honda only turns a $1000 profit on each, while Ferrari nets $100,000 on each, then clearly Ferrari has the better business model. The race to the bottom by lowering prices and slashing margins is what bankrupted the PC businesses and nearly bankrupted Apple when they opened up the MacOS to clone manufacturers. I think many of you are missing the point. Review the numbers. Despite its small market share, Apple still nets more than half of all the profit of all the smartphones sold on the planet. Think about that. Now figure that knowledge into your argument for changing their approach to selling iPhones as a premium product.
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to politicalslug For This Useful Post:

Carvensno (08-03-2013), Feanor64 (08-02-2013), Jato_BZ (08-02-2013), NewdestinyX (08-03-2013), petrusk (08-02-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Feanor64's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by politicalslug View Post
    The only useful analogy in these comments is the Honda versus Ferrari example. Apple doesn't need to sell as many iPhones to make in profit as android manufacturers must. Honda can sell 50 civics for every Ferrari, but if Honda only turns a $1000 profit on each, while Ferrari nets $100,000 on each, then clearly Ferrari has the better business model. The race to the bottom by lowering prices and slashing margins is what bankrupted the PC businesses and nearly bankrupted Apple when they opened up the MacOS to clone manufacturers. I think many of you are missing the point. Review the numbers. Despite its small market share, Apple still nets more than half of all the profit of all the smartphones sold on the planet. Think about that. Now figure that knowledge into your argument for changing their approach to selling iPhones as a premium product.
    Eeehhh no no that can't be right. That makes too much sense.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Feanor64 For This Useful Post:

petrusk (08-02-2013)

I don't understand why the OS's market share is such a issue. Apple has never cared that Windows has a higher market share. They never made a cheap Mac to compete with the cheap windows PC.
    They don't have every feature of Android, but what they do they do better. I've owned a lot of Computers & phones in my life. Apple simply makes them right.
    I'm not saying they are perfect, they have their bad moments. I really hope Apple doesn't make a wrong turn, with "cheap" models.
    If I can't mod it...I don't want it.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cokeman For This Useful Post:

petrusk (08-02-2013), slim.jim (08-02-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,860 Times in 1,236 Posts

Haven't read all the posts but I'm GLAD this has happened!!! Apple will finally see that they need to be more innovative if they want to stay in the game. A modest change in their iOS isn't going to win the war. They need to be better and do it faster if they plan to keep up.

Maybe this is the kick in the pants that jump starts them...

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Shipped vs. sold. Like it was already mentioned before, I would like to see how many they actually sold.

And yes, Android would probably still win. Why? Because it's cheap. iDevices are premium. People will always choose cheap over premium. That's just the way of the world.

For the Android fanboys that I wish would just go be trolls on a different forum: enjoy your virus-riddled and insecure OS. I'd also just like to mention how trollish and annoying a lot of Android users are. Stay on your Android forum. If you don't own an Apple product, you shouldn't be posting your Android crap here, nobody has or ever will appreciate it.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

lmao. its not one phone vs many, when will you apple fab boys realise that. its iOS vs Android. people are not choosing Android phones over Phones, they're choosing one OS over another. Its nobody's fault but apple if iOS is only available on apple products.

apple could easily turn things around if they really wanted to but don't think they care one bit about market share or the price of apple stock as long as they make tons of money.

people said the same things you're saying when the iPhone 5 came out yet apple still lost market share and has been every year.
    Finally someone gets it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    One phone VS many. I want to see the #'s after the 5S and so called 5C drop..that will be very interesting indeed.
    typical sheep. People aren't only buying the iPhone 5(which are available in different storage sizes), you can still go out and purchase an iPhone 4s and iPhone 4 directly from apple store.apple.com if you don't believe me. iOS is also running on devices such as the numerous iPad models and the iPod models. This whole "one phone" **** is absolutely retarded.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyScottie View Post
    typical sheep. People aren't only buying the iPhone 5(which are available in different storage sizes), you can still go out and purchase an iPhone 4s and iPhone 4 directly from apple store.apple.com if you don't believe me. iOS is also running on devices such as the numerous iPad models and the iPod models. This whole "one phone" **** is absolutely retarded.
    Ok so there are approximately 20 iOS devices currently being sold if you include all storage variants and go back several models of iPhone. In 2012 there were approximately 4000 different Android devices in the wild and there have been hundreds released since then. All of which you can probably still buy too.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Liveitlive's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyScottie View Post
    It says smartphone shipments.. Idt that includes iPads and pods too.

Love the way people care.

I don't. I tried Androifd and hate it so am back with iOS but do I care how many of each are shipped? If other people like Androifd, good for them. It probably means they haven't tried iOS because I really can see anyone choosing Android if they have tried iOS - but m sure others have different opinions. Each to his own.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by petrusk View Post
    I love how you waste your time by posting downright illogical arguments on this forum. It's amusing. I don't even need to give anymore of a response. Enjoy your virus riddled, fragmented OS.
    I dont have viruses because I dont install apps from qustionable sites and fragmentation is an apple fan boy phrase that gets over used and is misunderstood due to ignorance.

iOS devices can get viruses too and have.

iOS apps leak personal data

iOS devices can get a virus just from plugging it into a charger

and iDevices themselves are fragmented, that's why you cant do simultaneous voice and data on some carriers but can on others. some iDevices cannot run certain apps (siri) even though they are on the same firmware.

Im enjoying my HTC One very much., superior hardware AND software to any iPhone, past present and near future.

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

One device vs 1000? Do any of you remember the iPod? Not the iPod touch, the pre-iPhone click and scroll wheel iPods? Back then it was one device versus many any Apple had dominant market AND profit share. With the iPhone and iPad Apple has seen its profits skyrocket despite maintaining a minority share of the market. Business models change. With the iPod apple was able to release budget models like the mini, nano, and shuffle. Those cheaper models allowed Apple to dominate the market, both in term of profit and marketshare. Each device delivered a somewhat unique experience with features appropriate for the price point and market segment that particular device targeted. Phones and Tablets cost more to produce and iOS devices have higher minimum hardware requirements than stand alone media players. If Apple felt it could address the budget market without eroding profitability then they would do just that. As consumers we yearn for a premium product at a bargain price. The problem for companies is delivering on that consumer demand while still turning a profit. This race to the bottom has hurt all the Android device makers. Samsung is the Android device maker that is actually not losing money, let alone making money, selling smartphones. Even then you need only look at how many more units Samsung must sell to net a profit similar to Apple's. And while Samsung's share of smartphone profits are nearly equal to Apple's, that comes at the price of higher production costs and lower margins. Samsung has to sell a lot more phones than Apple to make that money. Of course, just looking at Nokia 10 years ago shows Samsung that their current strategy isn't an entirely bad business model. After all, selling a billion phones yet turning only a $15 profit on each yields low margins, but the $15 billion profits are huge. Nokia, if you recall, didn't go bankrupt because of the aforementioned business model. Rather, Nokia bankrupted themselves by stagnating in a fast changing market. Perhaps Samsung wont make Nokia's mistakes, but that continues to be a business model that Apple chooses to avoid and does not, at least for the foreseeable future, need to adopt.
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

Thanks

I dont have viruses because I dont install apps from qustionable sites and fragmentation is an apple fan boy phrase that gets over used and is misunderstood due to ignorance.

and iDevices themselves are fragmented, that's why you cant do simultaneous voice and data on some carriers but can on others. some iDevices cannot run certain apps (siri) even though they are on the same firmware.

Im enjoying my HTC One very much., superior hardware AND software to any iPhone, past present and near future.
    Android has a bug that affects 99% of android devices in the wild and doesn't require access to the device (like the charger malware injector you love to bring up). The bug that affects 99% of android devices allows the hacker to have master key to the device and they can completely take it over remotely and do anything they want with any of the data on it. Good luck on waiting for an update to patch it. If it were iOS there would be a patch within a few days.

As for fragmentation, take a look at this article and then say it's just a fanboy saying.

http://opensignal.com/reports/fragmentation.php?
    Last edited by slim.jim; 08-03-2013 at 07:18 PM.

So what, they are a dime a dozen......sell a lot of crap, you still are selling crap. Quantity does not beat Quality.

Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    Android has a bug
    Android is a bug. anyone that follows any of the hackers knows how easy it is to hack Android as opposed to iOS, it's quite scary really.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

H4CK3R (08-04-2013)

Default so true.
    Quote Originally Posted by itsjustlenny View Post
    Honda obliterated ferrari shipping 80% more hondas than Ferrari Testarosas. Still not adding up.
    I fully agree with you buddy. but in phone terms... higher-end android devices are slowly catching up. Hope apple doesn't falter.

I get that you like Android better. I'm thinking about jumping ship myself. I was in the AT&T store the other day and was an inch away from walking out with a new S4. Seriously considering that phone.

With that said, why the hell do you still post on this forum when you have a droid now? You're just coming off like a total cunt with every post. You realize that there are Android forums you could post on, right?

I prefer Coke over Pepsi. I'll tell anyone this. What I don't do is join a Pepsi forum and blab about the superiority of Coke with every post.

Utter nonsense.
    Complete made up garbage.
    Completely false. I've run iPhone 5 & HTC One side-by-side for a month. The HTC is a wanna-be toy in comparison. And the screen size is just silly. Can't even type & hold with same hand.

The only area HTC is on par with iP5 is reception. The rest is clunky and and a child's GUI. Though a gamer would love the HTC. But a serious professional person, who'd never tried an iPhone 5 would "get by" with an HTC - but if ever tried and ip5.. they'd put the HTC on eBay the next day.

And another thing that ticks me off in these debates --> People only earn the right to speak into this topic who've personally carried BOTH PHONES for at least 30 days and learned all functions of both. If you haven't thoroughly worked and learned both phones you're just flapping your lips and no one should listen to you.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 08-15-2013 at 06:59 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i just went from the iphone 5 to a sony xperia zl. i wanted a bigger screen size. i can say android is getting better. i like xperia home better than touchwiz or sense. but if apple comes out with a 5" iphone i'm definately going back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12