+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Google Play Surpasses App Store in Downloads but Still Lags Behind in Revenue

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by jOnGarrett I was waiting for this. 1. what proof or info do you have that the app store has better more or more quality apps than Google
...
  1. #21
    Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,672
    Thanks
    2,488
    Thanked 1,608 Times in 667 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    I was waiting for this.

    1. what proof or info do you have that the app store has better more or more quality apps than Google Play? 1M apps for Google, 900k for Apple so nearly 2 million apps to compare. 1% of 1% still leaves you with 10,000 apps from Google and 9,000 from Apple that you would need to compare. If you only look at the top paid and top free apps of both stores they're nearly identical. the only real advantage the app store has is games, and that's the crowd apple feeds upon.

    2. personal security? another favorite lie apple fans like to spread but here's some 2013 data for you.

    iOS more likely to leak personal data: iOS apps leak more personal data than do Android apps - report

    iPhone more vulnerable: iPhone Found To Be More Vulnerable Than Windows Phone, BlackBerry And Android Smartphones, According To New Report | Redmond Pie

    the revenues being made is Google vs apple., developers on the other and make about $470 more on iOS than they do on Android AND most of apple's revenues (I think around 40%) comes from Games so there you have it.

    Games is the app store money maker, not all apps.
    Do you realize that when some apps install they ask the user for permission to access that data(Location, contacts, and etc..)

    Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    proof? any links? can you site any credible studies that suggest there are more quality apps in the app store than on Play? comparing just 1% of 1% equals nearly 20,000 apps combined so whose taken the time and utilized the resources to compare the quality of either store's apps?

    there are many file explorer apps in both stores but name just one in the app store that lets you browse all the directories on your iDevice or install an app? a file explorer's function is to explore and be able to use what you find. so in that sense there are way more quality apps on Play.

    Quality is relative



    links? NO? of course not.
    Quality is relative huh??? Is that why my buddy that is a huge Android fan(tho he doesnt waste his time on Apple sites) goes thru some many phones each year?? Let's see?? (3) GS3 and (1) Moto Razor. Then got a Nokia windows phone which he only had for 3 days traded it in for a GS4 and is currently on his 2nd GS4 now. Sorry but you get what you pay for. Buy cheap? you get cheap!!

    Quote Originally Posted by politicalslug View Post
    The argument for AppStore apps being of higher quality than those of the Play Store doesn't need support beyond the numbers provided in the article. It's simple economics. Developers net a larger return on their iOS investment than their Android investment, in the aggregate, so if one equates developer investment to app quality then clearly the AppStore should, on average, provide higher quality apps. If that's not case then a million developers are clearly practicing bad economics. The math is simple. With limited resources a smart person will invest in that which yields the largest return. Developers realize iOS users, on average, pay more for their devices, purchase more accessories, and buy more software than their Android counterparts. Can anyone dispute anything I've written?
    Nope!! LOL You get what you pay for. Buy cheap? you get cheap!! Buy quality, you get quality! I use to go cheap thinking it was ok and good. But there are somethings you just have to open your wallet for and spend some money.

  2. #22
    What's Jailbreak? mutley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
    You can display your screen to a tv with an iPhone without cords.
    without buying anything else whatsoever... ??

  3. #23
    Green Apple ZealFied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Lahore, PU
    Posts
    35
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Then A Beautiful Thing About Apple: Every Week They Give Us 1 PAID Free App.. The List Of Free Apps I Have Download For Free Coz I Dont Have Credit Card!!
    1. Cut The Rope
    2. Wheres My Water
    3. Tiny Wings
    4. Fruit Ninja
    5. Plants Vs Zombies
    6. Bubble Shooter
    7. Angry Birds
    8. Angry Birds RIO
    9. Angry Birds Season
    10. Angry Birds Space
    11. Angry Birds Star Wars
    12. Galaxy 2 HD
    13. Infinity Blade
    14. Infinity Blade II
    15. N.O.V.A. 3
    17. GPlayer *Best Video Player*
    18. Guitar Suit
    19. Tractor DJ
    20. And Many More Apps Every Week..
    Tell Me If Google Or Samsung Has Ever Given You Any Paid App For Free..
    Dont Ever Think About Comparing Android With Apple..

  4. #24
    What's Jailbreak? mutley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ZealFied View Post
    All The Free Apps Have Huge Advertisments On Them..
    yeah and no ios apps that are free are plastered with apps.. at least on android i can run a adblocker in the background to stop them

    Quote Originally Posted by ZealFied View Post
    Then A Beautiful Thing About Apple: Every Week They Give Us 1 PAID Free App.. The List Of Free Apps I Have Download For Free Coz I Dont Have Credit Card!!
    1. Cut The Rope
    2. Wheres My Water
    3. Tiny Wings
    4. Fruit Ninja
    5. Plants Vs Zombies
    6. Bubble Shooter
    7. Angry Birds
    8. Angry Birds RIO
    9. Angry Birds Season
    10. Angry Birds Space
    11. Angry Birds Star Wars
    12. Galaxy 2 HD
    13. Infinity Blade
    14. Infinity Blade II
    15. N.O.V.A. 3
    17. GPlayer *Best Video Player*
    18. Guitar Suit
    19. Tractor DJ
    20. And Many More Apps Every Week..
    Tell Me If Google Or Samsung Has Ever Given You Any Paid App For Free..
    Dont Ever Think About Comparing Android With Apple..
    think youll find the revo apps you listed there are free on googleplay as well.. bad piggies just went free today same time as ios
    Last edited by mutley; 08-01-2013 at 12:51 PM.

  5. #25
    Green Apple ZealFied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Lahore, PU
    Posts
    35
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mutley View Post
    yeah and no ios apps that are free are plastered with apps.. at least on android i can run a adblocker in the background to stop them



    think youll find the revo apps you listed there are free on googleplay as well.. bad piggies just went free today same time as ios
    ^^^^^^
    1. Not Every Free App Has Advertisements I Can Name So Many That I Use: Fing, Dropbox, Scan, Photoshop, VLC, Zedge, IMDb, SpeedTest, OLX ETC..
    Even If They Have Ad's Like Shazam Lite, They Are Not BIG As Android Has.. + They Have iAds Feature So Intractive..
    We Also Have Ad Blocker In Cydia Store!!
    2. What About Other Apps?? You Got No Answer For That.. So Keep Laughing..
    Last edited by ZealFied; 08-01-2013 at 01:16 PM.

  6. #26
    What's Jailbreak? mutley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ZealFied View Post
    ^^^^^^
    1. Not Every Free App Has Advertisements I Can Name So Many That I Use: Fing, Dropbox, Scan, Photoshop, VLC, Zedge, IMDb, SpeedTest, OLX ETC..
    Even If They Have Ad's Like Shazam Lite, They Are Not BIG As Android Has.. + They Have iAds Feature So Intractive..
    We Also Have Ad Blocker In Cydia Store!!
    2. What About Other Apps?? You Got No Answer For That.. So Keep Laughing..
    1. not every free app on android has ads either.. dropbox, imdb, speedtest etc

    course you have ad blocker as long as you have a jailbreak available android happily allows you to decide if you want to load unsigned apps by simply clicking a tick box

    2. i am laughing because your clearly an apple fanboy who cant see the wood for the trees and i cant be bothered to look up apps i know for a fact i would never use in a million years so i really dont care if they are free

  7. #27
    Green Apple ZealFied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Lahore, PU
    Posts
    35
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mutley View Post
    1. not every free app on android has ads either.. dropbox, imdb, speedtest etc

    course you have ad blocker as long as you have a jailbreak available android happily allows you to decide if you want to load unsigned apps by simply clicking a tick box

    2. i am laughing because your clearly an apple fanboy who cant see the wood for the trees and i cant be bothered to look up apps i know for a fact i would never use in a million years so i really dont care if they are free
    1: Every Freakin App That I Have Used On My Tab Has Ads.. Speedtest, DropBox Also Have Ad's.. Then There Are Kind Of Ads That Pop Up On An App Taking Full Screen With "x" Button On It To Close It..

    1.1: Then Apple Updates Software Frequently.. Like 6.0 -Bug Fixes- 6.0.1 -Bug Fixes- 6.1 .... And So On.. While Android Hates Bugs Fixes.. You Only Get 1 Update.. They Dont Care If It Has Bugs Or Not.. Like You Bought The Device With ICS v4.0.1 Then Jelly Bean v4.1.1 Thats It.. They Dont Care If It Has Bugs Or Not..

    1.2: There Is One Simple Rule Of Jailbreaking.. Dont Upgrade Unless A JB Hackers Say..

    2: I Am Fan Of Apple Because They Make Products That Change The Way Of Thinking..
    Before iPhone There Were No Touch Screen Phones..
    Before iPad There Were No Tablets..

    End Of Story.. Go Home..

    .....
    Last edited by ZealFied; 08-01-2013 at 01:56 PM.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to ZealFied For This Useful Post:

    Carvensno (08-01-2013)

  9. #28
    Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,672
    Thanks
    2,488
    Thanked 1,608 Times in 667 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ZealFied View Post
    1: Every Freakin App That I Have Used On My Tab Has Ads.. Speedtest, DropBox Also Have Ad's.. Then There Are Kind Of Ads That Pop Up On An App Taking Full Screen With "x" Button On It To Close It..

    1.1: Then Apple Updates Software Frequently.. Like 6.0 -Bug Fixes- 6.0.1 -Bug Fixes- 6.1 .... And So On.. While Android Hates Bugs Fixes.. You Only Get 1 Update.. They Dont Care If It Has Bugs Or Not.. Like You Bought The Device With ICS v4.0.1 Then Jelly Bean v4.1.1 Thats It.. They Dont Care If It Has Bugs Or Not..

    1.2: There Is One Simple Rule Of Jailbreaking.. Dont Upgrade Unless A JB Hackers Say..

    2: I Am Fan Of Apple Because They Make Products That Change The Way Of Thinking..
    Before iPhone There Were No Touch Screen Phones..
    Before iPad There Were No Tablets..

    End Of Story.. Go Home..

    .....
    They can't go home!!! LMAO They have no life or home. Why do you think they come here? There lost!!!

  10. #29
    Green Apple LucySterling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Miami FL
    Posts
    45
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ZealFied View Post
    1: Every Freakin App That I Have Used On My Tab Has Ads.. Speedtest, DropBox Also Have Ad's.. Then There Are Kind Of Ads That Pop Up On An App Taking Full Screen With "x" Button On It To Close It..

    1.1: Then Apple Updates Software Frequently.. Like 6.0 -Bug Fixes- 6.0.1 -Bug Fixes- 6.1 .... And So On.. While Android Hates Bugs Fixes.. You Only Get 1 Update.. They Dont Care If It Has Bugs Or Not.. Like You Bought The Device With ICS v4.0.1 Then Jelly Bean v4.1.1 Thats It.. They Dont Care If It Has Bugs Or Not..

    1.2: There Is One Simple Rule Of Jailbreaking.. Dont Upgrade Unless A JB Hackers Say..

    2: I Am Fan Of Apple Because They Make Products That Change The Way Of Thinking..
    Before iPhone There Were No Touch Screen Phones..
    Before iPad There Were No Tablets..

    End Of Story.. Go Home..

    .....
    LOLOL this post made my day. You really hate those fandroids now don't you?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    They can't go home!!! LMAO They have no life or home. Why do you think they come here? There lost!!!
    Why do they come around here? Are they just trying to find reasons to call out on Apple?
    Passionate tech blogger, student in college and part time worker at SoldMyDevice.com

  11. #30
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    62
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ZealFied View Post
    1: Every Freakin App That I Have Used On My Tab Has Ads.. Speedtest, DropBox Also Have Ad's.. Then There Are Kind Of Ads That Pop Up On An App Taking Full Screen With "x" Button On It To Close It..

    1.1: Then Apple Updates Software Frequently.. Like 6.0 -Bug Fixes- 6.0.1 -Bug Fixes- 6.1 .... And So On.. While Android Hates Bugs Fixes.. You Only Get 1 Update.. They Dont Care If It Has Bugs Or Not.. Like You Bought The Device With ICS v4.0.1 Then Jelly Bean v4.1.1 Thats It.. They Dont Care If It Has Bugs Or Not..

    1.2: There Is One Simple Rule Of Jailbreaking.. Dont Upgrade Unless A JB Hackers Say..

    2: I Am Fan Of Apple Because They Make Products That Change The Way Of Thinking..
    Before iPhone There Were No Touch Screen Phones..
    Before iPad There Were No Tablets..

    End Of Story.. Go Home..

    .....
    SO much misinformation.

    There's ad blockers on the play store. You need root access though.

    Samsung have their own app store and generally give away top games for free.

    If you use custom roms you can upgrade your device to the next version. I'm running 4.2.2 and shall be getting 4.3 very soon. The standard S3 is on 4.1.2. I rooted my phone while it was 4.0 and have not needed to root it since.

    Before the iPhone there was touch screen phones, my first touch screen was back in 2005, 2 years before the first iPhone. Twas a Nokia and had a stylus and could do plenty of things the first iPhone couldnt (bluebook file transfer, copy and paste, set a song as a ring tone, mms).

    Tablets have been around since early 2000.

    Im neither a fandroid or isheep I just pipe up when people are talking shite, much like yourself.

    Edit: And to say someone has pinched the word 'store' is completely stupid!
    Last edited by yatezy; 08-02-2013 at 02:58 AM.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts