+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Easily Send Links You Have Copied in Your ClipBoard to Instapaper With 'Actapaper'

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
In the event that you want to quickly send a link to Instapaper for a later viewing, you can do so with a new free jailbreak tweak called Actapaper by
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,051 Times in 770 Posts

Default Easily Send Links You Have Copied in Your ClipBoard to Instapaper With 'Actapaper'

In the event that you want to quickly send a link to Instapaper for a later viewing, you can do so with a new free jailbreak tweak called Actapaper by iOS developer Julian Weiss (insanji).

As shown above, you will be able to copy a link to your ClipBoard and then invoke and Activator action that you pick in order to send the link to Instapaper. At the time that you perform the Activator action, whatever you have saved in your ClipBoard will be sent to Instapaper.

You will get confirmation that your link is being sent to Instapaper after you perform the Activator action, and then you will get confirmation when the link has successfully been sent to Instapaper.

When it finishes, you can log into Instapaper and you will find the link that you sent there:

The tweak adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can log into your Instapaper account and choose an Activator action for Actapaper:

If you would like to give the tweak a try, you can download it for free in Cydia's BigBoss repository. You do need to have an Instapaper account, but you don't have to own the Instapaper application from the App Store ($3.99). Anything you save to Instapaper is easily viewable from a Web browser on your computer.

Name: Actapaper
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0-1
    Requirements: Instapaper account, Activator
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Julian Weiss (insanji)
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Nice easy way to collect URLs in a hurry!!!

Only if it had an SBSettings Toggle that let you ignore activator and when the Toggle is set to on any URL detected in clipboard can be auto sent to Instapaper no user action required but copying the URL, other data on ClipBoard that's not a URL should be skipped obviously. SBSettings Toggle set to off reactivates the assigned Activator Action and disables Auto Send of URLs.

Don't know about anyone but I for sure would like to see those two functions added with an SBSettings Toggle to switch Auto Send on & off.

Anthony do you have the Devs contact info handy?? If not I'll try Cydia…

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

Sounds very useful since so many apps don't connect to Instapaper.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,051 Times in 770 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zrevai View Post
    Anthony do you have the Devs contact info handy?? If not I'll try Cydia…
    @insanj on Twitter