+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sprint Sells 1.4M iPhones in Q2, Loses 2M Customers with Nextel Network Termination

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default Sprint Sells 1.4M iPhones in Q2, Loses 2M Customers with Nextel Network Termination

In its recent quarterly earnings announcement, Sprint said it sold 1.4 million iPhones for the July quarter but almost lost 2 million subscribers as it shuttered the NexteliDen network in late June. As it did in the first quarter of 2013, Sprint saw strong smartphone sales but ended up losing a significant number of subscribers, which for the second quarter came close to 2 million customers according to AllThingsD.

The third largest U.S. cellular carrier saw revenue reach $7.2 billion, up 8% from the same period last year. The company posted an operating loss of $874 million, however, thanks to depreciation of $430 million and $623 million in non-cash charges related to the shutdown of the Nextel platform.

By the time the Nextel network shut down on June 30, the telecom was able to keep and transition more than 4 million subscribers to the Sprint platform, a 44% postpaid recapture rate. Smartphones accounted for roughly 86% of quarterly postpaid handset sales, including the approximately 1.4 million iPhones, 41% of which were sold to new customers.

Sprint also closed three major transactions during, including a $21.6 billion takeover bid from SoftBank and the acquisition of Clearwire and U.S. Cellular for spectrum assets and existing customers. We’ll have to see how these new transactions affect Sprint going forward.

Source: AllThingsD

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

I remember years ago nextel's were the phone to have. Crazy how times and phones have changed.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

No I don't remember that

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Didn't say did u remember.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    I remember years ago nextel's were the phone to have. Crazy how times and phones have changed.
    "Please hold while the Nextel subscriber you are trying to reach is located"

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    "Please hold while the Nextel subscriber you are trying to reach is located"
    I definitely remember that. I can still even remember the voice.