Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Code in iOS 7 Beta 4 Points to Home Button Fingerprint Sensor for Next-Gen iPhone

Thanks

Default Code in iOS 7 Beta 4 Points to Home Button Fingerprint Sensor for Next-Gen iPhone

After the 2012 acquisition of mobile security firm AuthenTec, which specialized in fingerprint sensors, Apple has been rumored to be looking to incorporate its technology into its future products. Rumors previously indicated that such a sensor could be a differentiating feature for Apple’s upcoming iPhone 5S. Although rumors continue to float, there has been little in the way of solid evidence that such a feature is in the works.

As noted by Hamza Sood, Apple’s developer release of iOS 7 beta 4 today has brought in a significant clue that Apple Is indeed planning to bring the technology to the upcoming iPhone. The evidence arrives in the form of a new code bundle in the Accessibility portion of iOS 7. The bundle named BiometricKitUI, contains text strings related to a tutorial on how to use a fingerprint sensor on an iPhone. The relevant strings include the following info:

- Photo of a person holding an iPhone with their left hand while touching the Home button with their thumb
    - Photo of a person holding an iPhone with their right hand while touching the Home button with their thumb
    - A fingerprint that changes colour during the setup process.
    - Recognition is %@ complete
    Up until now, several reports have indicated that incorporating a fingerprint sensor into the iPhone 5S has proven difficult for Apple, potentially limiting launch supplies of the device as production bottlenecks are worked out. We’ll have to see if the evidence that was surfaced along with the rumors that have been afloat turns out to be true when more concrete information is revealed.

Source: Hamza Sood (Twitter) via 9to5Mac

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks

I doubt it will be in the 5s. They would probably have to reconfigure a lot inside to fit the new hardware.

Default Cant wait!
    I cant wait till this is released! this is going to open a lot of good applications!

Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    I doubt it will be in the 5s. They would probably have to reconfigure a lot inside to fit the new hardware.
    Don't be so pessimist

This looks extremely promising and I do hope we see it in the iPhone 5C. Which if anyone does not know, I believe the iPhone 5C is the "iPhone 5S".

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
    This looks extremely promising and I do hope we see it in the iPhone 5C. Which if anyone does not know, I believe the iPhone 5C is the "iPhone 5S".
    The iPhone 5c is the cheaper version of the iPhone the plastic one there's also going to be a higher end version released as well named the iPhone 5s

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Iteh_skyss View Post
    The iPhone 5c is the cheaper version of the iPhone the plastic one there's also going to be a higher end version released as well named the iPhone 5s
    I think the 5C will be a "classic" iPhone probably containing revamped hardware similar to a 5s. I also think Apple won't brand anything as "cheaper" even if it is... We're talking about Apple, who tries to differentiate their products by having "superior" quality products rather than cheaper ones. The sensor will likely be in the aluminum iPhone if used at all, which I speculate they will simply call the iPhone as they have done with the iPad.

Quote Originally Posted by Serge.H View Post
    Don't be so pessimist
    He's a troll. Get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Iteh_skyss View Post
    Give me your proof that you are right and I am wrong. Rumours are not proof might I add.

What exactly could this do for their product other than a new way to unlock your phone? I just don't see the significance in this at all. I'd rather have that able to control your tv function or something else a little more useful and functional than some novelty feature that will lose its flare after a few days.
    Last edited by Nuff Said; 07-30-2013 at 08:14 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Own3d View Post
    He's a troll. Get used to it.
    Thanks for adding substance to the conversation.

Sounds good to me really will open more options to better apps. If this pulls through it will be a good thing. Ill like to see a new tech in battery life as well. Like a solar power option for your battery to not drop as fast as long as there is light or sun hitting the solar.
    Either way sounds good lets see what happens.