Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: FCC Markings Visible in New Pic of 'Plastic iPhone'

Thanks

Well the lack of markings has always made me skeptical... I am still not convinced.

I think the only thing Apple can do that makes a cheap iPhone worth buying is having it similar to the Nexus 4. Pre-unlocked and less than $300.

Looks like it really is coming. If Apple is doing it, it'll be good. I have no doubt of that.

Starting to believe this is the final design of the new cheap iPhone.
    It looks like it was designed by apple by how they are reusing the design of the iPod Touch 5G for this iPhone.
    I like the design of this but I will always go for the better quality stuff for my use.

I'm ok with this. I can buy this and let my son use it without worry of him dropping it and denting the bejesus out of the aluminum casing.

To all the people declaring the 4 and 4S are budget phones. Maybe they are producing a cheaply made product which will have to ALL the functions of iOS 7.

Why would you want a 4 which doesn't have siri and will miss features of iOS 7,same with the 4S.

This phone may cater to that market, people who want all the features but don't want to pay stupid prices

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I can't wait for this to be simply the iPhone 5S (or 6) and watch the Apple forums freak out

I'll stick to the more expensive kind. this looks like the back of a samsung phone.

The 8GB 4 is still running at $459, the 16GB 4S at $549. This is the ACTUAL cost of the phone. The 5 is $699. With a 'cheaper' iphone, there's no way it's going to be any less than $150-$200 less than the actual cost of the 5S or 5. You guys are dreaming if you want a new out of contract phone, plastic or not, for $300 or less.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to RoganLigby For This Useful Post:

slim.jim (07-27-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RoganLigby View Post
    The 8GB 4 is still running at $459, the 16GB 4S at $549. This is the ACTUAL cost of the phone. The 5 is $699. With a 'cheaper' iphone, there's no way it's going to be any less than $150-$200 less than the actual cost of the 5S or 5. You guys are dreaming if you want a new out of contract phone, plastic or not, for $300 or less.
    +1, I've said this before. Apple won't risk their reputation and build a subpar cheap product. The white MacBooks were still $1000 base price. That was their budget laptop which is by no means cheap when you can buy a Dell for $350.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    I still do not understand the point??? The iPhone 4 is free and the 4s is 100 bucks...how much more budget can you get than FREE?
    US is not the only country in the world.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yatezy View Post
    To all the people declaring the 4 and 4S are budget phones. Maybe they are producing a cheaply made product which will have to ALL the functions of iOS 7.

Why would you want a 4 which doesn't have siri and will miss features of iOS 7,same with the 4S.

This phone may cater to that market, people who want all the features but don't want to pay stupid prices
    I don't see that happening. I can see them making it around the level of the 5 (A6 processor, but with only a single core GPU, lower RAM, or smaller screen, etc) but still lacking some major features to force people to upgrade to get the full experience. I don't see Apple canibalizing the sales of the '5S'/'6' model by making it feature complete. It'll probably be inbetween the 4S and 5, just due to better manufacturing processes alone.

Or this could be only in certain markets outside the US. I could see that happening, as Nokia, HTC and Samsung do the same all the time.
    Last edited by GenesisDH; 07-27-2013 at 03:12 PM.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    I still do not understand the point??? The iPhone 4 is free and the 4s is 100 bucks...how much more budget can you get than FREE?
    It's about apple's profit margins.

Quote Originally Posted by *T* View Post
    It's about apple's profit margins.
    As with any good business.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12