Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'NCTerminal' Allows You to Run Commands From Notification Center

Default 'NCTerminal' Allows You to Run Commands From Notification Center

If you're a Terminal fan, then check this out!

A new Notification Center add-on dubbed NCTerminal by iOS developer uGuer is now available in Cydia that allows you to run terminal commands right from Notification Center.

Shown above, the add-on places a black text box in Notification Center where you will be able to type in your command lines. After inputting them, you can tap on the Done button to run the command. You will get a notification afterwards saying that the command was either an error or a success depending on if you typed it right.

Notably, the NCTerminal interface isn't an input and output interface in one. If you ever want to see the output from a command that you enter, you'll need to use a file browser like iFile and then navigate to /var/mobile/Documents/NCTerminal/NCTerminal.log to see your output:

Check out the demo video below compliments of the developer:

For a mobile-friendly video link that works with our app, tap on the video link below:

YouTube Video

NCTerminal has no options to configure; you can enable or disable the widget at any time by dragging the wigdet in or out of Notification Center via the Notifications preferences pane in the Settings application. If you're interested in giving NCTerminal a try, you will find it in Cydia’s BigBoss repository.

Name: NCTerminal
    Price: $2.62
    Version: 1.0
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: uGuer
    Editor's Rating:  3/5
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 07-25-2013 at 10:34 PM.

LOLWUT
    I was thinking about making same app but with more functionality (showing output) and free or open source. If you think that it will be useful to you, comment, and maybe I will make it when I get some free time.

Thanks

Yes..the current terminal app lacks luster and needs more options. It would be great to see some competition.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vsnRainDev View Post
    LOLWUT
    I was thinking about making same app but with more functionality (showing output) and free or open source. If you think that it will be useful to you, comment, and maybe I will make it when I get some free time.
    The idea is great but 2 buck for a shortcut? No way

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    Yes..the current terminal app lacks luster and needs more options. It would be great to see some competition.
    The MobileTerminal project is dead. There are SSH client apps way way way better than it in the App Store - I'm in love with Prompt.