+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Sleep2EndCall for CallBar' Lets You End Calls With the Power Button Instead of a Swipe

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Chances are many of you are fans of CallBar , an alternative calling interface for iOS that offers banner notifications and a less obtrusive in-call interface for multitasking. If so,
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'Sleep2EndCall for CallBar' Lets You End Calls With the Power Button Instead of a Swipe

Chances are many of you are fans of CallBar, an alternative calling interface for iOS that offers banner notifications and a less obtrusive in-call interface for multitasking. If so, then you're familiar with its controls, such as swiping left on the CallBar bar to end a phone call.

Alternatively, if you want a different method to end a call without even having to look at the display to do so, you can install a new CallBar add-on called Sleep2EndCall for CallBar by iOS developer Ron Thakrar.

As the name suggests, the add-on will allow you to press the sleep button at the top of the iOS device when in the middle of a call with CallBar to end the call rather than swiping left on the CallBar bar.

It’s arguable that both methods take around the same amount of time, but by using the sleep button instead of using a touch screen gesture, you can actually end a call while the iPhone is still against your face rather than pulling the phone away from your face for the display to un-dim, and then performing the swipe gesture.

Although time isn't much of a high point for this add-on, it's still nice to have the option to choose between a hardware button or a swipe gesture on the display.

The tweak will only work if you have CallBar installed – it is a separate purchase of $3.99. If you want to download Sleep2EndCall for CallBar, it's available at no cost in Cydia's BigBoss repository.

Name: Sleep2EndCall for CallBar
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0-23
    Requirements: CallBar
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Ron Thakrar
    [b]Editor's Rating:[/b'  3/5
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 07-23-2013 at 09:06 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Doesn't iOS 6 already do this? I thought it did...anyway, iOS7 beta does it.
    Last edited by DubbaCTrumpetMSU; 07-23-2013 at 02:19 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone bigbaba's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DubbaCTrumpetMSU View Post
    I think the original iPhone OS did this. Callbar must override it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone emmanravalo's Avatar
    Thanks

Mistake: If you want to download Sleep*3EndCall for CallBar, it's available at no cost in Cydia's BigBoss repository.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by emmanravalo View Post
    Mistake: If you want to download Sleep*3EndCall for CallBar, it's available at no cost in Cydia's BigBoss repository.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DubbaCTrumpetMSU View Post
    This is for CallBar. You can't perform this action with CallBar. This add-on makes it possible.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    does the tweak allow either sleep button or swipe for ending calls? or does it replace the old method with the new one?

btw, i had no idea how to end calls with callbar! all this time, i've been waiting for the other guy to hang-up.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Thanks!

This is for CallBar. You can't perform this action with CallBar. This add-on makes it possible.
    Ah, I gotcha, didn't realize CallBar overrode the original setting for that.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greyhounds View Post
    does the tweak allow either sleep button or swipe for ending calls? or does it replace the old method with the new one?

btw, i had no idea how to end calls with callbar! all this time, i've been waiting for the other guy to hang-up.
    Hi greyhounds,

Dev here. Right now it completely overrides it. When I get the free time, I will add a simple preference pane in the Settings panel to enable or disable it (so you can return control to the original CallBar method if you so wish). That'll probably be this weekend or the next.

Regards,

Ron
    Last edited by rthakrar; 07-24-2013 at 11:55 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rthakrar View Post
    Hi greyhounds,

Dev here. Right now it completely overrides it. When I get the free time, I will add a simple preference pane in the Settings panel to enable or disable it (so you can return control to the original CallBar method if you so wish). That'll probably be this weekend or the next.

Regards,

Ron
    Thanks!