+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'NCCalendar+' Improves the Way Notification Center Shows Your Calendar Events

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'NCCalendar+' Improves the Way Notification Center Shows Your Calendar Events

Wouldn’t it be nice if iOS gave you just a little more control over the Calendar events that you could hide or show in Notification Center? We think so, and apparently so does iOS developer Bader. That’s why he made a new free jailbreak tweak called NCCalendar+.

Shown above, NCCalendar+ makes it so you can choose the amount of Calendar events that show up in Notification Center. This is great for when you want to see more of your events ahead of time so that you’re prepared for them, rather than only seeing a very small distance into the future.

All of the tweak's options are configured in the Settings application via the NCCalendar+ preferences pane:

You’ll be able to enable and disable the tweak on demand, as well as choose what calendars show up in Notification Center, whether they’re everything, work related, home related, or just Birthdays.

In addition, you can choose the amount of time in the future that you want Calendar events to show up; if you really like to plan ahead, you may want to see your calendar events up to two months away rather than just seeing the calendar events that are one or two days away.

Another feature of NCCalendars+ is the ability to choose how many items can show in Notification Center. You can pick anywhere from the Default 10 items to up to 100 items.

NCCalendar+ is a must-have for those that use Apple’s Calendar application a lot for their daily needs. The tweak gives users much more plan head time than Apple’s Notification Center support for Calendar does, and it’s completely free to try out. If you want to download NCCalendar+, you will find in Cydia’s BigBoss repository.

Name: NCCalendar+
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Bader
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

wow how cool !! I have been wanting this for a long time thank you Bader !!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thumbs up Awesome!
    Glad I found this. It works perfectly!

Thanks

I jailbroke my 5S specifically for this tweak because I absolutely hate the way iOS 7 presents calendar events in the NC. Much to my dismay, it hasn't yet been updated for arm64 devices and the error message "There was an error loading the preference bundle for NCCalendar+." mocks me.

I contacted the developer days ago, but does anyone know of a workaround? Or, is anyone here familiar enough with the Flex 2 app to make a tweak have iOS 7's NC mimic the good ole days of iOS 6? Any guidance is appreciated.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

A good tweak but unfortunately if I schedule an event that lasts a whole week, eg: work, it doesn't show the event.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Isn't even updated to iOS7 at all, is it!?

Thanks

Hmmm, perhaps not. However, the app listing presented no compatibility errors for me. Hope it is updated sooner than later; I cannot take much more of 7's heavily flawed calendar with the NC. 😬