+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upcoming Apple Store Update to Offer Free iTunes, App Store, iBooks Content

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Upcoming Apple Store Update to Offer Free iTunes, App Store, iBooks Content

An upcoming update for the Apple Store iOS application will reportedly be released Tuesday that will begin offering content from Apple's iTunes Store, App Store, and iBooks store for free. The promotion is intended to get people to open the application and view Apple's product offerings more frequently, as Apple's new goal is trying to sell more iPhones through its retail stores.

You can see from the image above that the updated Apple Store application will offer some kind of free content through the application right above Apple's product offerings. In this case, the free content would appear to be Color Zen, an application that is usually 99˘ in the App Store.

The promotion will be a good way for Apple to persuade more people to download use the Apple Store application. It's currently unknown how often the content offerings will refresh for the user, but it shouldn't be a mystery for long.

Citing 9to5Mac, not only will the update include content from Apple’s iTunes Store, App Store, and iBooks Store, but it will also include a slightly new interface that has been tweaked to look more like the rest of Apple’s store applications. The screenshot appears to show a black search bar that looks like the App Store search bar in iOS 6; currently the search bar is gray in the latest version of the Apple Store application.

Sources: 9to5Mac

Thanks
    I'm always on that app spending money but I would like to see it for the iPad full screen.

*T*
    Thanks

1: All these apps will have in-app purchases.
    2: Devs are going to be fighting to get this spot, Apple will not have to compensate them a single cent.
    3: People already know the price of an iPhone or iPad. It hasn't changed at all since initial release. Ask anyone how much an iPhone costs, and punch them in the face if they don't know. You could ask for days and never hit a single person.
    4: People don't simply open an app and say "Look at that, I think I'm gonna buy an iPad mini." Sorry Apple, but $329 is not something consumers spend on a random whim. If someone wants an iPad mini, they'll think about it, decide that they really want it and its the best option, save up the money, then buy it. No one opens and app, looks at an ad and spends $329 right there.

Thanks

Well, free stuff WOULD make me open the app more, I open my Starbucks app whenever a free app or song comes up... I've got a lot of free music that way.

Thanks
    Boo! Let me know when they make an ipad app for Apple Store! Already spend probably way too much money in the damn Apple store lol

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Maybe some kind of marketing strategy?
    Are they totally free or is this some scheme to pull in customers?