+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rovio Account Now Available Globally for 'The Croods' and 'Angry Birds' Players

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Rovio Account Now Offered Globally for 'The Croods' and 'Angry Birds' Players

Back in May, Rovio announced Rovio Account, a feature that would allow players to sync their game progress in Rovio-made games across platforms so that every device the player owned could pick up where the player left off. Rovio Account was available globally for Rovio's The Croods game, and only in Poland and Finland for the original Angry Birds game; today's announcement unveils global access for Angry Birds too.

Rovio Account is a free feature and requires the user to create and set up an account. Once done, the user can synchronize their progress across all of their devices, whether Android, iOS, or otherwise. This means no more of having to painstakingly repeat levels on each device simply to have each device stay on the same page:

Quote Originally Posted by Rovio
    We know that you've all been waiting for a way to sync progress between devices and we really feel that we have an amazing solution in place now.

For now, Rovio Account is available on the original Angry Birds game, as well as The Croods. The next step is for us to roll this out onto other Angry Birds and non Angry Birds titles, so that's exactly what we're going to do!
    While the feature is currently only available for The Croods and the original Angry Birds game, Rovio’s next goal is to expand Rovio Account to all of the other Angry Birds subsidiaries, such as Angry Birds Space, Angry Birds Seasons, Angry Birds Star Wars, Angry Birds Rio, and so on. Rovio's upcoming Angry Birds Star Wars II is also expected to join the list of supported games.

Sources: Rovio

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Was incorporating iCloud really that difficult?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    Was incorporating iCloud really that difficult?
    How would you expect iCloud to work with multiple platforms?

Rovio themselves have a much larger audience to think about than iOS alone. iCloud is great for an iOS-only game, but that Angry Birds is not.

Green Apple
    Thanks

On a related topic. If I switch from iphone to android, I will have to buy the game(s) again right?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by budsalinger View Post
    On a related topic. If I switch from iphone to android, I will have to buy the game(s) again right?
    Depends if the game is paid or free in the Google Play store. If paid, you would have to buy it again because you're buying from Google now instead of Apple. As they're different companies, they wouldn't be interchangeable.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    How would you expect iCloud to work with multiple platforms?

Rovio themselves have a much larger audience to think about than iOS alone. iCloud is great for an iOS-only game, but that Angry Birds is not.
    If "Reminder For iCloud/iOS/iPhone" (Android app) can work with iCloud Reminders, I thought there might be a way. Apparently not.