+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Security Experts to Test Latest Anti-Theft Security Features Found in Smartphones

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by SnapIt I just tell it like it is. Can't help it if lames can't handle reality. Yeah you got me there, I don't live in a $hitty
    Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SnapIt View Post
    I just tell it like it is. Can't help it if lames can't handle reality.

Yeah you got me there, I don't live in a $hitty state so that's not my problem. In all seriousness though, if you live somewhere that's $hitty enough where people are getting robbed at gun point for their cell phone, and you continue to choose to live there, well then once again this just goes back to being a dumb person.

Same statement above applies here too.

Oh cool now were comparing items that cost thousands and thousands of dollars to a hundreds of dollars cell phone. I guess they should start putting alarms on candy bars too so that way if you leave your candy bar sitting around no one can steal it. Sounds reasonable.

I live in Vegas and I see plenty of this kinda thing going on all the time. "DUMB TOURISTS" who get too drunk and don't know how to handle themselves and can't keep track of their stuff. So once again this comes back to "DUMB PEOPLE" who can't take care of themselves and wanna rely on smartphone manufacturers to protect their device because using common sense is just too much for them.

I didn't see you give any examples? Couldn't think of anything yourself so you had to hang back and see if anyone else suggested anything. Proves my point on what kinda person you are. Of course you would support a topic on something that helps "wipe your a.ss" in life, common sense don't apply to you. Seeing as how you live in New Orleans though I suppose this should just be expected

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Yeah you got me there, I don't live in a $hitty state so that's not my problem. In all seriousness though, if you live somewhere that's $hitty enough where people are getting robbed at gun point for their cell phone, and you continue to choose to live there, well then once again this just goes back to being a dumb person.

I live in Vegas and I see plenty of this kinda thing going on all the time. "DUMB TOURISTS" who get too drunk and don't know how to handle themselves and can't keep track of their stuff. So once again this comes back to "DUMB PEOPLE" who can't take care of themselves and wanna rely on smartphone manufacturers to protect their device because using common sense is just too much for them. :rolleyes
    Anyone else see the contradiction here... "If you live where this is happening, move because you're dumb... I live where this is happening all the time..."
    Last edited by Simon; 07-19-2013 at 09:47 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

I just tell it like it is. Can't help it if lames can't handle reality.

Same statement above applies here too.

Oh cool now were comparing items that cost thousands and thousands of dollars to a hundreds of dollars cell phone. I guess they should start putting alarms on candy bars too so that way if you leave your candy bar sitting around no one can steal it. Sounds reasonable.

I live in Vegas and I see plenty of this kinda thing going on all the time. "DUMB TOURISTS" who get too drunk and don't know how to handle themselves and can't keep track of their stuff. So once again this comes back to "DUMB PEOPLE" who can't take care of themselves and wanna rely on smartphone manufacturers to protect their device because using common sense is just too much for them.

I didn't see you give any examples? Couldn't think of anything yourself so you had to hang back and see if anyone else suggested anything. Proves my point on what kinda person you are. Of course you would support a topic on something that helps "wipe your a.ss" in life, common sense don't apply to you. Seeing as how you live in New Orleans though I suppose this should just be expected
    Why I need to give an example if the people are here telling you already about all of them... do you need to see more. With every single comment you make, I can see you are a little kid in need, If you are not a kid... then you have some trouble. I'm just sitting in here looking at your comments and laughing about all the things you are able to say, sometimes with no sense just to win an argument. No hard feelings. Ah I almost forget...
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,607 Times in 667 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by javiert30 View Post
    Why I need to give an example if the people are here telling you already about all of them... do you need to see more. With every single comment you make, I can see you are a little kid in need, If you are not a kid... then you have some trouble. I'm just sitting in here looking at your comments and laughing about all the things you are able to say, sometimes with no sense just to win an argument. No hard feelings. Ah I almost forget...
    No need to respond to this guy(Snapit). Look at his status above his avatar pic? He's been banned LOL

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

@AGSchneiderman @SFDAOffice Crooks will: 1 turn phone off, 2 toss SIM, 3 turn phone on where no wifi, 4 change IMEI. Done!

Activation lock wont help. Sayin...

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    No need to respond to this guy(Snapit). Look at his status above his avatar pic? He's been banned LOL
    I see... lol
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,607 Times in 667 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lohand View Post
    @AGSchneiderman @SFDAOffice Crooks will: 1 turn phone off, 2 toss SIM, 3 turn phone on where no wifi, 4 change IMEI. Done!

Activation lock wont help. Sayin...
    This may not be 100%? But there trying to do something to help deter thieves. Well were talking about simple criminals here. Take/snag a phone and turn around the corner or goto the next city and sell it. Also Find My iPhone still works even without wifi. And who ever is buying the phone is going wanna see it working so there going to have to turn it on. So when they do Find my iPhone is going to go off. And this is me? If someone is coming up to you offering a cheap working iPhone. I'd be asking questions.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default From a mobile user thank you!
    Atleast they are doing their part to make our units more secure against theft i commend their efforts and more power!

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12