+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'ayra' Re-invents the iOS Lock Screen and Makes Notifications Much More Interactive

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,045 Times in 767 Posts

Default 'ayra' Re-invents the iOS Lock Screen and Makes Notifications Much More Interactive

The iOS lock screen has been nearly the same for years, until iOS 7 that is. But since iOS 7 isnít out yet, you can still enjoy a different kind of lock screen experience on your iOS 6 device compliments of your jailbreak.

With a new jailbreak tweak called ayra by iOS developer bensge and graphic designer surenix, shown above, your entire iOS lock screen experience will feel different, as will the experience of handling notifications.

With ayra, youíll notice the aesthetic changes right off the bat. The lock screen looks much more transparent overall, which compliments your wallpaper. The slider looks different, the clock looks different, and youíll even notice that iOS 7-like lock screen grabber at the top of the lock screen that you pull down to reveal several toggles and shortcuts as well as your notifications.

By tapping on notifications, you will be able to remove them from the notification interface, or launch the application to respond to the notification. This works for all applications that offer notifications. In the event that a notification is long and can't usually be fully shown, you can tap on the notification to expand it and you'll be able to see more content of the notification:

The toggles and shortcuts that you have access to in ayra are found right above the notifications, and you can page through the toggles by swiping left or right. Tapping on a toggle or shortcut will toggle the corresponding feature on or off. The toggles and shortcuts ayra gives you include:

• Settings
    • Respring
    • Auto-lock
    • Bluetooth
    • Rotation
    • Cellular data
    • Do not disturb
    • Location services
    • VPN
    • Vibration
    • Personal hotspot
    • Wi-Fi
    • Flashlight
    • Airplane mode
    • 3G
    • Ringer

From ayra's preferences pane in the Settings application, you will be able to change the order of the toggles and shortcuts by dragging them up or down via the grabbers at the right of the labels. You'll also find a way to enable or disable ayra on demand. Notably you will need to respring to enable or disable ayra, but you won't need to respring for your toggle and shortcut changes to take effect:

In our option, ayra really is a re-thought lock screen with re-thought notifications; it's very polished too! Overall it's fun to use and feels much different than Apple's basic lock screen. If you would like to give ayra a shot, you will find it in Cydia's BigBoss repository today for just $1.99. The tweak is only compatible with the iPhone and iPod touch at this point in time and can be installed on devices running iOS 6.0 and later.

Name: ayra
    Price: $1.99
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: iPhone or iPod touch running iOS 6.0 or later
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer(s): bensge and surenix
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

I like that they are thinking outside the box but still nothing compares to Lockinfo... not even IntelliX

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Sweet. Can't wait for that jb.

iPhone? More like MyPhone RussSully's Avatar
    Thanks

Looks pretty sweet for sure. Love the look of it. Very click. Looks like something apple would do. If they weren't dumbasses. But I'm wondering will it work with Strife. Because if something doesn't work with strife it doesn't make it to my phone. Strife first always.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Very cool aesthetic, but I agree that it's a hard sell put up against IntelliX or LockInfo. If the developers of one of those tweaks could team up with Surenix as designer (i.e. this tweak with much broader functionality), they'd come up with something amazing.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,195 Times in 6,976 Posts

Very nice. Love the ios7 feel to it.

Thanks

It looks fantastic but when its installed my slider stops working so it had to go

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RussSully View Post
    Looks pretty sweet for sure. Love the look of it. Very click. Looks like something apple would do. If they weren't dumbasses. But I'm wondering will it work with Strife. Because if something doesn't work with strife it doesn't make it to my phone. Strife first always.
    It does work with strife. I'm using it now

Green Apple
    Thanks

Looks good hope apple make some changes to the lock screen and some other areas that need to come to life

Green Apple
    Thanks
    So I've turned off lockscreen alerts so they're only viewable in the Ayra pull-down... however now my phone isn't alerting me of new messages. Any way to get the phone to vibrate at least and show the alerts only in Ayra?

Thanks

This tweak is insanely cool. I'm not sure how I was getting by before without. Apple should make this for ios7. They would be crazy not too. It's perfect in everyway

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default This truly is a great innovation in screen locks!
    Great they provide a lot of innovations and tweaks that will keep us hooked i cant wait to grab it!

Thanks

Anybody have any issues with AYRA and passbook notifications. I had to delete AYRA because after receiving passbook alert the phone would keep booting in safe mode over and over again. I went through and deleted one tweak at a time and nothing worked until I deleted AYRA. Just wondering if I should re install or leave it off device. Anyone else have an issue like this?