Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rovio: On October 29th, Angry Birds Star Wars Will Be Available for Game Consoles

Default Rovio: On October 29th, Angry Birds Star Wars Will Be Available for Game Consoles

Rovio has announced Thursday morning that Angry Birds Star Wars would be coming to game consoles in the United States October 29th, 2013 and globally on November 1st, 2013.

Angry Birds Star Wars gained most of its popularity on the mobile platform via iOS and Android and branched to the Mac platform and Windows platform shortly after. Branching to game consoles will give Rovio a chance to reach out to an entirely different market of gamers.

The game consoles, both handheld and stationary, that Angry Birds Star Wars will support include the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita, Wii U, Wii, and Nintendo 3DS. Notably, the game will include 20 new levels designed specifically for consoles and will include all new cooperative multi-player modes. Rovio promises up to 25 hours of game play.

The game can be pre-ordered now online via Rovio's Angry Birds Star Wars Web site at this link. The retail pricing for each device is as follows:

• For Xbox 360: $39.99
    • For PlayStation 3: $39.99
    • For Wii: $39.99
    • For Wii U: $49.99
    • For PlayStation Vita: $39.99
    • For Nintendo 3DS: $29.99

You can watch the video trailer below:

For a mobile-friendly video link that works with our app, tap on the video link below:

YouTube Video

Notably, Angry Birds Star Wars II, featuring levels from the first three Star Wars episodes, will be coming out on September 19th for iOS.

Sources: Rovio

Let me be the first to ask "why?" Step price for something that was free for a week on the App Store. Wonder how much different it will be than mirroring your ipad through apple tv...

For Xbox 360: $39.99
    For PlayStation 3: $39.99
    For Wii: $39.99
    For Wii U: $49.99
    For PlayStation Vita: $39.99
    For Nintendo 3DS: $29.99
    For iPhone: $1

4. The Following User Says Thank You to guncrazy12 For This Useful Post:

BadJ3d1 (07-21-2013)

Thanks

Greed its whats for dinner haha! I agree with the first statement. They are really shoving this stuff down our throats at this point. I don't know anyone that even plays it anymore.

I have no problem if they want to branch out to consoles - there's definitely money to make there, but the price is outrageous! It's $1 for the iPhone, $2.99 for the iPad, and only $4.99 for the Mac. What the hell kind of changes have the made to the game to justify an additional $28 to $39 for the game? Especially on the two mobile platforms - the PS VIta and N3DS, who the hell would pay that much for such a simple game??

Omg I can't take this game series anymore, soooo outdated & way overrated. Don't want it for FREE!