+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Wants to Sell Half of All iPhones Through Its Retail Stores

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
We are not talking about selling more iPhones, we are talking about selling more iPhones AT the Apple Store, here are why: 1. Carriers tend to sway customers away from
    iPhone? More like MyPhone 8lias's Avatar
    Thanks

We are not talking about selling more iPhones, we are talking about selling more iPhones AT the Apple Store, here are why:

1. Carriers tend to sway customers away from the iPhone, more incentives selling Androids instead.
    2. iPhones purchased from the Carriers tend to have more "Operator Error Syndrome" because it wasn't set up properly (Apple ID, iCloud, iTunes, etc.) and ended up coming to Apple Store for help.
    3. AppleCare+ is a better choice than $10+/month for insurance AND a $170+ deductible and you received a refurbished replacement from Asurion instead of walking into an Apple Store. The downside is AppleCare+ doesn't cover lost/stolen phone. Damaged phones are more common than lost phones.
    4. Screen Protection and Otterbox are fugly on an iPhone. Apple don't MAKE you buy those accessories.
    5. Education, education, and education. They provide FREE workshops and Set Ups so you can LEARN to use your phone. None of the sales people at Apple are on commission.
    6. They work with all 4 major carriers so you can compare pricing and coverage area without bias.
    7. They are "mostly" have the phones in stock.

For advanced users, I do agree on ordering it online and not having to deal with lines and hassles. Tim Cook is simply referring to an average user who goes to their carrier and only being talked out of getting an iPhone because the Sales Rep gets more incentives selling other devices. Average consumers aren't fully getting the most out of their iPhones at an Carrier because it's most Reps don't spend the time to help them.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 8lias For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (07-17-2013)

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 8lias View Post
    We are not talking about selling more iPhones, we are talking about selling more iPhones AT the Apple Store, here are why:

1. Carriers tend to sway customers away from the iPhone, more incentives selling Androids instead.
    2. iPhones purchased from the Carriers tend to have more "Operator Error Syndrome" because it wasn't set up properly (Apple ID, iCloud, iTunes, etc.) and ended up coming to Apple Store for help.
    3. AppleCare+ is a better choice than $10+/month for insurance AND a $170+ deductible and you received a refurbished replacement from Asurion instead of walking into an Apple Store. The downside is AppleCare+ doesn't cover lost/stolen phone. Damaged phones are more common than lost phones.
    4. Screen Protection and Otterbox are fugly on an iPhone. Apple don't MAKE you buy those accessories.
    5. Education, education, and education. They provide FREE workshops and Set Ups so you can LEARN to use your phone. None of the sales people at Apple are on commission.
    6. They work with all 4 major carriers so you can compare pricing and coverage area without bias.
    7. They are "mostly" have the phones in stock.

For advanced users, I do agree on ordering it online and not having to deal with lines and hassles. Tim Cook is simply referring to an average user who goes to their carrier and only being talked out of getting an iPhone because the Sales Rep gets more incentives selling other devices. Average consumers aren't fully getting the most out of their iPhones at an Carrier because it's most Reps don't spend the time to help them.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure everyone realizes its selling iPhones at the Apple store...

iPhone? More like MyPhone ccoltmanm's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    This is how:

On Contract: $200 + ($86 x 24) = $2,264. After 2 years, unlock iPhone from carrier.

Outright: $650 + ($86 x 24) = $2,714.

I'm not stuck with the carrier. I have been with AT&T since past 9 years and have the same number. If any other carrier can beat that price (I have two lines btw, one iPhone and one dumb phone), I'll switch. Oh and I have unlimited data plan and have never gone past 5gb.
    Out of contract rates are much cheaper than 86 dollars. That's why you do it.

It is MUCH cheaper, more like 45.

So, to fix your outright price

650 + (45 x 24 ) =1730

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ccoltmanm View Post

650 + (45 x 24 ) =1730
    You missed the part about two lines.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Delete
    Last edited by bradmullins007; 07-17-2013 at 11:29 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default I dont know if this is a good idea
    I don't think that this is a good idea me i buy my phone off a carrier so i dont think this will boost sales pretty much.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Apple could become a network as well as maker and give users a good deal and give people a new option! Sadly due to the fact that apples normal rule is to charge vast sums of money don't see it being a good option

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ccoltmanm View Post

650 + (45 x 24 ) =1730
    Not sure which carrier provides $45 plan but here's what att provides on prepaid:

AT&T offers three service plans that support the iPhone and other LTE/HSPA+ devices, but only the $65 a month plan includes data (1GB a month).

I have two lines so to correct your math:

650 + (65 x 24) + (50 x 24) = 3,410

No thanks.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12