+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Silly Jailbreak Restriction Removed From Popular Deus Ex: The Fall Game With New Update

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,043 Times in 765 Posts

Default Silly Jailbreak Restriction Removed From Popular Deus Ex: The Fall Game With New Update

Last week it was reported that the popular Deus Ex: The Fall game for iOS didn’t allow players with jailbroken iOS devices to fire any weapons in the game. Obviously since the game is highly priced compared to other iOS games, players that purchased the game with the intent of playing were infuriated to see that their jailbreaks were preventing them from playing.

It's still unclear why exactly the silly restriction was put into place for jailbroken devices; however, the company did promise that because they weren't clear about the restriction in the application description, they would remove the restriction:

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Ex: The Fall Developers
    We have not been clear in our communication earlier this week when we launched Deus Ex: The Fall. We did not state clearly that the game would not support jailbroken devices and so we will be switching this off via an update, so that all the supported iOS devices will be able to play the game in the near future.

We feel it's the right thing to do in this situation and apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused. No customer should be out of pocket when we were not clear from the start, so we'll get the game updated as soon as possible so that everyone who wants to play Deus Ex: The Fall can do regardless of whether their device is jailbroken or not. As soon as this update is live we will communicate this via the Eidos Montreal Community channels.
    Luckily, the developers have pushed that promised update Wednesday morning, bringing the game to version 1.0.3. The update now supports jailbroken devices, as well as non-jailbroken devices, meaning that even those with a jailbroken device can now fire their weapons. Along with lifting the restriction, the game developers have also added a few new features including:

• Improved enemy AI reaction and combat behavior
    • Increased XP rewards for completing objectives
    • Increased the amount of credits gained as rewards, across the game
    • Improved damage and accuracy stats for the Combat Rifle
    • Increased accuracy of Shotguns for better mid-range effectiveness
    • Reduced some weapon costs (including high-end Plasma Rifles and Rocket Launchers)

If you have Deus Ex: The Fall installed on your iOS device already, you can find the update in the App Store under the Updates tab and download it for free. Alternatively, you can download the latest version of Deus Ex: The Fall from the App Store for $6.99 via this App Store link.

Sources: App Store

Thanks

They PROBABLY didn't want people with jailbroken devices to steal their app! I'm not sure if there are still ways to do this, but back in the good-old-days with ********* and ******** you could take any paid app from the app store and download it free of charge. This is actually pretty smart- they just didnt think it through.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aries_green_monkey View Post
    They PROBABLY didn't want people with jailbroken devices to steal their app! I'm not sure if there are still ways to do this, but back in the good-old-days with ********* and ******** you could take any paid app from the app store and download it free of charge. This is actually pretty smart- they just didnt think it through.
    It would have been smart not only if they thought it through, but also if hackers didn't already have a workaround available on Cydia😂

Thanks

I still cannot play this game with jailbroken device… i've donlod version 1.31.1… it,s still force close… can somebody help me here… i'm realy curious about this game… what kind of sick game that cannot play in jailbroken device…

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Galih1802 View Post
    I still cannot play this game with jailbroken device… i've donlod version 1.31.1… it,s still force close… can somebody help me here… i'm realy curious about this game… what kind of sick game that cannot play in jailbroken device…
    Donlod 1.0.3

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    Donlod 1.0.3
    Thanks for the reply… now i can play this game… i've installed version 1.31.1… and its great game…thanks