+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Study: Size Gap Narrows Between iOS and Android Developer Paychecks

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default Study: Size Gap Narrows Between iOS and Android Developer Paychecks

The “biggest mobile developer study in history” is culling a variety of informational gems from some 6,000 mobile app developers across 115 countries.

According to the findings of this expansive new developer economics report, iOS developers are still getting paid the most with an average of $5,200 per month in app revenue. Android developers, however, are now generating $4,700 per month.

Curiously, though, more developers plan to start developing for Windows Phone than any other platform.

That’s aided, of course, by the fact that 71 percent of mobile developers are already developing for Android, and 56 percent are already developing for iOS.
    “Even so, the fact that 35 percent of developers are planning to develop for Windows Phone in the third quarter of 2013 — more than the 26 percent thinking of iOS — is likely to have a significant impact on the number of Windows Phone apps,” Wednesday morning’s report reads.

Source: VentureBeat

Thanks

Windows NEEDS this badly. The OS is decent and stable. Just needs some good applications to boost it to the next level. Apple did have a nice head start with the AppStore..looks like the gap is definitely getting narrow.

Thanks

Appears I'm in the wrong career.

Livin the iPhone Life Dark_Ninja's Avatar
    Thanks

Me too.. I was going to school for Mobile Development but I had to drop out .

http://www.vicrosdesigns.net/imgs/DNsigv3.png

Banned
    Thanks

developers would have to be stupid to limit themselves to just one OS. Not to mention ignoring an OS that makes up 75% of the market.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    developers would have to be stupid to limit themselves to just one OS. Not to mention ignoring an OS that makes up 75% of the market.
    Does Android developers have to make their apps in like 10 different sizes because of the variety of phones or does the OS just stretch out the app to fit the screen?