+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Microsoft Releases Native Outlook Web Apps for the iPad and iPhone

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default Microsoft Releases Native Outlook Web Apps for the iPad and iPhone

Microsoft recently launched its official Outlook Web App mail applications on the iOS App Store, with separate downloads optimized for both the iPhone and the iPad recently. Both apps are available to download for free, providing users with a native Outlook Web App experience on iOS devices. In order to use the app, users must subscribe to Office 365 and have the latest update of Exchange Online.

It has been speculated in the past that Microsoft was working on a native version of the Outlook Web App for iOS. As expected, the new application uses the same tiled “Metro” interface found on Microsoft’s other platforms such as Windows 8 and Windows Phone. Those of you interested in downloading the Outlook Web App for iOS will need an iPhone 4, iPad 2 or newer running iOS 6 or higher. Using OWA on iOS doesn’t incur an additional charge for Office 365 subscribers.

The features of the application as highlighted by Microsoft include the following:

• Organize your email quickly with Conversation View, Mark as Junk, Flag, and Categories
    • Quickly search or browse email in all folders including Outlook Favorites
    • Manage your schedule with ease
    • Schedule meetings using attendee free/busy and room finder
    • View shared calendars including delegate support
    • Use your voice to look up a contact or bring up your schedule
    • Keep business data secure
    • Remote wipe erases only your corporate data in OWA for iPad and leaves your personal data on the device alone
    • Separate passcode for OWA for iPad provides an additional layer of security
    Both OWA for the iPhone and OWA for the iPad are 11.1 megabyte downloads and are available on the App Store now.

Source: iTunes (1) (2), Microsoft Office (blog)

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks

I'd try it once if they had a free trial... Just to remember how much Microsoft products suck

Thanks

All of the subscription based services like Office 365, and the new Adobe Creative Suite are just a way to nickel and dime customers.

Green Apple
    Thanks

My business already uses Micro$oft exchange server and that costs a fortune. I was keen on trying this app till I read the typical Micro$oft catch with having to own 365. What a joke. Might have been a nice app for my work emails..oh well, I'll just keep using iOS mail's Exchange option.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

"Both apps are available to download for free"..yeah free providing you're spending $100 on the Office 365 subscription. What a joke.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    All of the subscription based services like Office 365, and the new Adobe Creative Suite are just a way to nickel and dime customers.
    Office 365 is great for temp labor. Full blown Office for a business costs over $400 a seat. Office 365 is only $15 per month. Also keep in mind that smaller firm can not afford Exchange or an IT person to maintain it.