+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Leaked Verizon Documents Outline "VZ Edge" Program, No Contracts and Earlier Upgrades

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default Leaked Verizon Documents Outline "VZ Edge" Program, No Contracts and Earlier Upgrades

A leaked training document from Verizon reveals that America’s number one cellular carrier may debut an enhanced subscriber plan dubbed “VZ Edge.” The plan is said to shorten the period customers have to wait between device upgrades. The document, which was titled “VZ Edge Strategy,” outlines a no-contract payment plan that breaks up a smartphone’s initial cost into monthly installments, but still allows customers to upgrade to a newer model after half of their current device is paid off according to Droid Life. If the training guide is legitimate, Verizon is planning to launch VZ Edge by August 25.

As seen in the picture, the plan would potentially lower upfront costs for users who want the latest technology, which is usually the most expensive, while negating upgrade fees and keeping the agreement pre-paid. Not surprisingly, VZ Edge looks similar to T-Mobile’s recently announced “Jump” program, which provides customers with two upgrades each year for $10 per month. Users are able to pay the same subsidized device price as a new customer but skip the usual upgrade eligibility cycle by paying a monthly fee.

The new programs introduced by T-Mobile and Verizon are efforts seen by wireless carriers who are looking for new ways to generate money for costly smartphones and attached data plans. Many are trying to sway away from the traditional subscription model in an effort to keep sales flowing. T-Mobile was the first to unveil its no-contract iPhone plan alongside the “Uncarrier” initiative in March. Verizon doesn’t want to be left out as it attempts to hop the bandwagon in hopes of continuing its sales.

Source: Droid Life

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks

At&t has the SAME offer going also.

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

So I'm assuming the extra $$ will b rolled into more expensive data plans to pay for early upgrades? And then that extra $$ won't b used for network upgrades since they already have the best (slowest) coverage

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bmwraw8482 View Post
    So I'm assuming the extra $$ will b rolled into more expensive data plans to pay for early upgrades? And then that extra $$ won't b used for network upgrades since they already have the best (slowest) coverage
    Lol. That's the way it's looking.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,732 Times in 856 Posts

Every time I see a new plan I wonder how it's going to cleverly screw over customers.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Stopped reading the post when I read the word "strategy".