+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Turns to Retail Employees for iPhone Sales Advice

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default Apple Turns to Retail Employees for iPhone Sales Advice

According to the folks over at 9to5Mac, Apple sent out a memo to its international Apple Retail Employees last week. The memo asked employees to help provide innovative ideas on how to improve the iPhone, the retail store environment, and company sales techniques. To be more specific, employees were asked to submit an idea, which may potentially lead to an eight-week experience where selected candidates will interact with members from various Apple departments at the company’s headquarters. The departments include Marketing, Merchandising, Customer Analytics, Mobile Commerce, and more. The aim would be to help “solve problems” related to the way Apple sells and supports its iPhones.

This isn’t the first time the company has made such a move either. The Cupertino California company turned to its Apple retail employees asking for assistance with various aspects of software development when it came to improving the Maps app. Recently a number of current employees were also given access to the OS X Mavericks beta for testing purposes as well.

Earlier this month, several Apple executives also spoke with Apple Retail Store leaders about upcoming iPhone incentive programs and discount strategies aimed at selling more iPhones in-house as well.

We’ll have to see what new and interesting ideas come out of such a program by being patient. If the program turns out to be successful, other companies may follow suit in hopes of improving their situation as well.

Source: 9to5Mac

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks

I wish Apple would implement this on the GUI of the iPhone itself. Ideas are ideas. I mean if you don't have to pay for them even better haha. Im sure everyone here at MMi would have at least 10 ideas for the iPhone. Not just how to market it. The problem I have with iPhone sales people, is that i know more about Apple products then they do :]

Green Apple
    Thanks

Sounds to me like Apple are either desperate or stupid for not looking at Modmyi pages.

Thanks

The article stated international employees which probably means they're looking for 'boots on the ground' opinions by people that live in communities where they're trying to sell iPhones.
    They're actually smart for tapping their lower paid labor force, instead of hiring new marketing execs for every market they don't understand.

Banned
    Thanks

They must be running outa ideas to steal from Cydia

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SnapIt View Post
    They must be running outa ideas to steal from Cydia
    Which Cydia app/tweak shows how to sell iPhones? The ideas Apple is looking for is not a software or hardware idea. They are looking for sales ideas.

A lot of us know a lot about iPhones but how many of us know about Sales? I know I don't.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Lower the price!

"Always remember your special and unique!"

8. The Following User Says Thank You to thetoothfairy For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (07-16-2013)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    Which Cydia app/tweak shows how to sell iPhones? The ideas Apple is looking for is not a software or hardware idea. They are looking for sales ideas.

A lot of us know a lot about iPhones but how many of us know about Sales? I know I don't.
    You're right, my bad.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SnapIt For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (07-16-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Great strategy!
    This is a great marketing strategy if i say so myself i commend their efforts!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have an idea!!! Stop restricting what user can do with their iPhone. OPEN UP THE iPHONE. Make it so no jailbreak is needed. Do you have the courage Apple?