Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Deus Ex: The Fall Doesn't Allow Users with Jailbroken Devices to Fire Any Weapons

  1. #1
    MMi Staff Writer Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    4,370
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 144 Times in 129 Posts

    Default Deus Ex: The Fall Doesn't Allow Users with Jailbroken Devices to Fire Any Weapons


    Gamers who are looking to play the recently released first-person shooter, Deus Ex are in for a surprise if they downloaded the game on a jailbroken device. Its developer has made it so that copies of the game on a jailbroken device canít fully run. Many users are complaining that Square Enixís page doesnít warn users that they wonít be able to fully play the game on the devices if they are jailbroken, with the title being given a number of negative reviews pointing this fact out.

    So what exactly makes the game unplayable? After the gameís initial cut scenes and a movement tutorial, jailbreakers will encounter a screen informing them they cannot fire their weapons since they are on jailbroken devices. What makes the situation a bit more frustrating to deal with is that jailbreaking is legal and although it may void a userís warranty, game and app publishers are wary of jailbroken machines since the process makes it possible to side-load pirated apps without paying for them.

    One of the biggest reasons to play any games from the Deus Ex series is because of the flexibility in play style which is enabled by the gamesí design. It is conceivable that a player could stealthily move throughout the whole game without firing a single weapon but only if the player can make it past the first stage, which appears to require the use of at least one weapon. Itís quite unfortunate as Iím sure many of you were interested in trying the iOS game out.

    Deus Ex: The Fall (iTunes Download Link)

    If you non-jailbroken users are interested in playing the game, you can download Deus Ex: The Fall from the App Store for $7. It should be noted that youíll need 1.6 GB of space and an iPad 3 or above, iPad mini, iPhone 4S or above, or an iPod Touch 5 or above. Square Enix did note that support for the iPad 2 and iPhone 4 are coming soon.

    Source: Thanks to the many MMi readers for sending this one in!

    Twitter: @AkshayMasand

  2. #2
    wow now thats a low blow ****** up move from them looks like I wont every be buying any of there games and I hope people pirate the **** out of there game.

    ** Please be aware, the Deus Ex: The Fall play experience is currently restricted on jail broken devices. Do not purchase if you have voided your warranty and have Jail broken your device.
    Last edited by Simon; 07-12-2013 at 02:41 PM.

  3. #3
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, California, United States
    Posts
    162
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts

    I believe there is already a patch for this. Not hard to bypass.

    Dues Ex developers are in their right to do this, they are just stupid to think it will deter anything. Although, it makes for some nice free PR!

  4. #4
    Wow. That was a f***** up move. Can't believe they did that. I understand they don't want it pirated but that's (in my opinion) wrong. At least find a better way then that. Like make it so it registers that it ing directly signed from apple to the account and then lock it up. If someone with a jailbroken device purchased the game, they should be allowed to play it.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PokemonDesigner For This Useful Post:

    Carvensno (07-12-2013), dsg (07-12-2013)

  6. #5
    Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Fresno, Calli
    Posts
    2,013
    Thanks
    2,650
    Thanked 1,756 Times in 753 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
    Wow. That was a f***** up move. Can't believe they did that. I understand they don't want it pirated but that's (in my opinion) wrong. At least find a better way then that. Like make it so it registers that it ing directly signed from apple to the account and then lock it up. If someone with a jailbroken device purchased the game, they should be allowed to play it.
    +1 was thinking the same thing. Should be a way to verify purchase and be able to play fully.

  7. #6
    simple solution.... xCon

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgunaca View Post
    I believe there is already a patch for this. Not hard to bypass.

    Dues Ex developers are in their right to do this, they are just stupid to think it will deter anything. Although, it makes for some nice free PR!
    Install XCON from cydia then you'll be playing

    Quote Originally Posted by sheon View Post
    wow now thats a low blow ****** up move from them looks like I wont every be buying any of there games and I hope people pirate the **** out of there game.

    ** Please be aware, the Deus Ex: The Fall play experience is currently restricted on jail broken devices. Do not purchase if you have voided your warranty and have Jail broken your device.

    cocky fucks......
    Install XCON from cydia!

  9. #8
    Class action law suit time. Or just boycott them. I think they are just going for press to get free attention.

  10. #9
    Livin the iPhone Life bigboyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    North East Coast
    Posts
    1,746
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 268 Times in 173 Posts

    HAHA! Funny to me. They have done the same thing at my job. Anyone trying to get onto the corporate network on a JB device is unable. Part of a new policy they are pushing. They don't want anything questionable or malicious accessing the network. This may be the norm moving forward..lets hope not.

  11. #10
    This developer pretends to take the moral high road. If they are so in favor of of righteous ways they should refund all the JB people who paid them and can't play. Otherwise they are just as crooked as a pirate.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Villebilly For This Useful Post:

    dsg (07-12-2013)

  13. #11
    This makes me want to download the game, install the patch and then hack all of the in app purchases just on principle.

  14. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    HAHA! Funny to me. They have done the same thing at my job. Anyone trying to get onto the corporate network on a JB device is unable. Part of a new policy they are pushing. They don't want anything questionable or malicious accessing the network. This may be the norm moving forward..lets hope not.
    Sounds to me like your work will be buying you a phone and paying every month if they want you to access their Networkon a smart phone.

  15. #13
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Wouldn't you like to know ;)
    Posts
    215
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 16 Times in 12 Posts

    This is honestly a bunch of bull. I don't even follow the series but it upsets me quite a bit. If someone payed in full for the game, they should be allowed to play it fully regardless of their device's status. I say we all boycot and spam their support asking them to change it!

  16. #14
    just pirate the game and install xcon

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to daviedave For This Useful Post:

    cpotoso (07-12-2013)

  18. #15
    It's okay, the jailbreaker community will come up with something and maybe more

  19. #16
    F***! Now I have to try boycotting SquareEnix. Here I thought they were a decent company until now.

  20. #17
    They're stupid, just because we jailbrake doesn't mean we pirate and they're not sorry that you can't fire on a jailbroken device either
    privacy isn't about having something to hide

    look here all grammar police, indulge me.

  21. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor2213 View Post
    F***! Now I have to try boycotting SquareEnix. Here I thought they were a decent company until now.
    Same. I was waiting for the WiiU version of Deus Ex but now they can get stuffed if they think I will give them any money for pulling this crap.
    I would've brought it on the iPad too but no chance now.

    Oh, and xcon works fine with it.

  22. #19
    i doubt it will be long til a patch for it shows up in cydia. that is really ****** of them to not even let people know that they can't play a game that they paid for if you are jailbroken. did this game come out on droid?, you can get pirated games just as easily without rooting i believe.

  23. #20
    Default Fix
    How to play Deus Ex: The Fall on jailbroken devices. this is how to bypass that lol... smh square enix -1.

    Quote Originally Posted by sheon View Post
    wow now thats a low blow ****** up move from them looks like I wont every be buying any of there games and I hope people pirate the **** out of there game.

    ** Please be aware, the Deus Ex: The Fall play experience is currently restricted on jail broken devices. Do not purchase if you have voided your warranty and have Jail broken your device.
    Last edited by Orby; 07-12-2013 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Cleaning the quote...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •