Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile Announces JUMP Phone Upgrade Program, 4G Expansion, and More Family Plans

Thanks

Default T-Mobile Announces JUMP Phone Upgrade Program, 4G Expansion, and More Family Plans

At a recent event in New York City, T-Mobile USA announced a new phone upgrade program called “Jump.” The program is designed to allow subscribers to upgrade their phones at regular intervals. With Jump, customers will pay the same subsidized amount that a new customer pays, without the need to wait to qualify for an upgrade. The program requires T-Mobile customers to pay a $10 monthly fee for the service and trade-in old devices, but it offers up to two phone upgrades per year after a six-month waiting period. T-Mobile’s CEO, John Legere, had the following to say about the new program:

"This is one of those things that annoys customers so much," CEO John Legere said in an interview ahead of a New York press event. Legere said that the company wanted to address this issue when it first did away with two-year contracts back in March, but needed a little more time to work out the details.
    The significant change in policy sets T-Mobile apart from other carriers, which often require contracts to expire before upgrade pricing on a new device is available. Both AT&T and Verizon are examples of carriers who have policies that only allow customers to upgrade after 24 months have passed. T-Mobile’s change in policy comes three months after it announced both the iPhone 5 and its “Uncarrier” policies, which allow customers to purchase a phone without a monthly contract. Instead, T-Mobile requires a down payment of $150 along with a $20 monthly device fee for the iPhone 5.

At the recent event, T-Mobile also announced that it plans to rework their family plans for customers without enough credit to qualify for traditional phone contracts while also sharing plans to expand its LTE network in the near future.

Alongside the announcement of the Jump program, T-Mobile has published a series of ads on their YouTube channel with the slogan “Upgrade when you want, not when you’re told.” You can check out one of the ads below:

Source: AllThingsD, T-Mobile (YouTube)

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Yea pay 20 bucks a month until that 600-800 dollar iPhone is paid off.

Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    Yea pay 20 bucks a month until that 600-800 dollar iPhone is paid off.
    Well at AT&T even after the phone is paid off we still keep on paying a higher bill.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DieselVexx's Avatar
    Thanks

Charlyc, so true...

Thanks

Hey, at least you "own" your phone with Tmo. Not to mention they are trying to make a better customer experience. Something that AT&T never does. They are the biggest and act that way. BULLY.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    Hey, at least you "own" your phone with Tmo. Not to mention they are trying to make a better customer experience. Something that AT&T never does. They are the biggest and act that way. BULLY.
    I "own" my phone the day I bought it for $200 with a 2 year contract. I didn't lease the phone. That's the price to own a phone. If I break my 2 year contract, I'll have to pay an early termination fee but I still own the phone from day 1 of the 2 year contract whether or not I complete the 2 year contract.

i wonder if you dont want to trade in your phone how much will it be?

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by charlyc View Post
    Well at AT&T even after the phone is paid off we still keep on paying a higher bill.
    I pay $76/month to AT&T with unlimited data plan for iphone and additional $10 for a second line (dumb phone) and I don't think that's a high bill. If any carrier can give me unlimited data plan for less than that, I'll switch in a heartbeat. I'll even take a 5GB data plan.

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    I "own" my phone the day I bought it for $200 with a 2 year contract. I didn't lease the phone. That's the price to own a phone. If I break my 2 year contract, I'll have to pay an early termination fee but I still own the phone from day 1 of the 2 year contract whether or not I complete the 2 year contract.
    You couldn't be farther from the truth... read the fine print. When you buy it at $200 with a 2 year contract, you're agreeing to pay the remaining balance of the phone over the next two years, you didn't ever wonder why there was a random fee of $18.70?

If you buy it at the subsidized prince, your phone belongs to your carrier until the two years is over, period. Why do you think the phone gets blacklisted if you just stop paying your bill while in the contract time frame?