+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Plants vs. Zombies 2 Launches in New Zealand and Australia

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Plants vs. Zombies 2 Launches in New Zealand and Australia

Plants vs. Zombies 2, the highly anticipated sequel to the insanely popular Plants vs. Zombies game, has launched in New Zealand and Australia, although the game still remains delayed until July 18th in the United States.

According to a report via MacRumors, the game is being initially launched in New Zealand and Australia to ensure that the servers necessary for the in-app purchase content and game progress syncing can deliver in response to the high demands:

With Plants vs. Zombies 2 we're taking advantage of a lot of newer technologies. If you're connected to the internet, you can save your progress and share accounts across multiple devices — and we need to make sure those systems, along with our ability to stream that content to players, works
    Plants vs. Zombies 2 is a free game, unlike the first game, and will offer several unlockables that can be purchased with real-world money. Alternatively, players can just take their time and unlock the content manually, which is the preferred way with these ‘Freemium’ style games.

If you’re waiting patiently for Plants vs. Zombies 2, then you’re doing a good job. Just hold on a little bit longer…

Sources: MacRumors

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

It kind of sucks that the game will be "freemium" based. Freemium games are usually a rip-off, I rather pay $2.99 for the full version.

Thanks
    People still play this crap?

Green Apple
    Thanks

I want to play this

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by odoggy75 View Post
    Lol. I played the first one off and on.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Crashes on iOS7 :/

iPhone? More like MyPhone Mc-Lovin_341's Avatar
    Thanks

One of the only reasons I use vshare, don't like waiting for UK release.

Thanks

I made an Australian iTunes account to download this, it kept crashing as soon as I launched the game. Anyway, if that's happening to anyone else I figured out it doesn't work with Winterboard. I have to disable Winterboard every time I want to play it, which isn't often. I never liked the original PvZ and this one seems the same, though I only played the first three levels.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by odoggy75 View Post
    No offense... but having an opinion is one thing and being this ignorant is completely different. Do you have any idea how many awards this game has won!! I have seen people who don't game at all, play this one for hours at a stretch. The first installment was a masterpiece... a brilliant game.

I'm quite satisfied with the second installment of the game so far. Tons of new plants and zombies!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jigar7 View Post
    No offense... but having an opinion is one thing and being this ignorant is completely different. Do you have any idea how many awards this game has won!! I have seen people who don't game at all, play this one for hours at a stretch. The first installment was a masterpiece... a brilliant game.

I'm quite satisfied with the second installment of the game so far. Tons of new plants and zombies!
    +1