Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The iPhone 5S May Include a Slow Motion Video Recording Feature Dubbed "Mogul" Mode

Thanks

Default The iPhone 5S May Include a Slow Motion Video Recording Feature Dubbed "Mogul" Mode

A recently discovered code inside iOS 7 suggests that the next generation iPhone could include a new “Mogul” camera mode, offering video recording at a rate of 120 frames-per-second, according to the folks over at 9to5Mac. Capturing video at 120 FPS would allow iPhone users to create slow motion films. For those of you who don’t know, slow motion video requires frames to be captured at a fast rate, which then appeared to be slowed down when replayed at a standard speed. The following was mentioned about the recently discovered code:

According to our analysis and testing of the code, "Mogul" is a feature in development that allows the iPhone to capture video at an exceptionally fast and precise rate. Specifically, our testing indicates that the feature can allow the iPhone to record video at a rate of 120 frames-per-second (FPS). The resolution at which this 120FPS video could be recorded at, however, is currently unclear.
    As of right now, many action cameras such as the GoPro Hero3, include slow motion recording capabilities. Samsung’s flagship phone, the Galaxy S4, also includes a slow motion mode. While the code doesn’t suggestion a resolution for Apple’s “Mogul” mode, recording at 120 FPS often requires a low resolution. While testing the mode, it was discovered that Mogul would not activate on an iPhone 5 due to unsupported hardware, which suggests that it is intended for a future iPhone. The feature, much like Siri which was reserved for the iPhone 4S, may be reserved for the upcoming iPhone 5S.

The move seems pretty normal for Apple, since the company has worked hard to improve the camera, continually adding new features such as Panorama mode and volume shutter control as the iPhone has grown in popularity. Many of these upgrades came along with Apple’s “S” phone releases, which seems to be in line with this current feature.

We’ll have to wait until the fall when Apple debuts its supposed iPhone “5S” to see if the feature comes to fruition.

Source: 9to5Mac

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Maybe an iOS7 JB will enable this on iP5.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to hogcia For This Useful Post:

Silverado1987 (07-09-2013)

Uhm, was I the only one paying attention in the iOS 7 presentation? After the initial showing of the iOS, the guy says something about "and many more features that we dont have time to get into" and there is a screen showing a "word cloud" of many of the non-talked about features. One of those was high fps recording (dont remember the exact wording) - so its an iOS 7 thing, not an iPhone 5S thing. I do believe the wording was "60 FPS recording" - though Im too lazy to go and load up the video and find the exact spot to get the exact wording.

yeah i have read it at the most front home page of this link .. just a new technology with the latest features

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    Maybe an iOS7 JB will enable this on iP5.
    Don't see why not if its just software related but with apple they might tie it into the hardware somehow. It will only be exclusive to iPhone 5s/6.

so this time the "S" stands for slow

Quote Originally Posted by edoutmax View Post
    so this time the "S" stands for slow
    Haha. They can put a ss on the end of it. For super slow but people will stand in line for it.

Thanks

Ok. Not sure if i'd use it at all but why not right?? :]

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd definitely use it. I make videos on iMovie for family events and like to slow some things down for viewing pleasure. My cousin got married in march and she walked so fast with her husband after the wedding was over (after the I do and kiss the bride part), I had to slow down their walk so it looks nice.

Hmmm... Nice indeed, but, I'm sure there will be a tweak for that once IOS7 is jailbroken !

Nice feature. I'll probably use it a fair bit at first but probably not really afterwards (like panorama). But it's funny that the S this time stands for Slow Motion. Wonder if they'll decide to call it the iPhone 5SM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
    Nice feature. I'll probably use it a fair bit at first but probably not really afterwards (like panorama). But it's funny that the S this time stands for Slow Motion. Wonder if they'll decide to call it the iPhone 5SM.
    Professionals actually prefer the term "high speed" over "slow motion" so "S" again would stand for Speed.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    You know what would be REALLY awesome and groundbreaking?

If apple introduced a 24fps mode. And lets be honest, this would fit the term "mogul" much more accurately.

Do it, apple.