Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: Twitter for iOS and Mac Updated
07-08-2013, 04:27 PM #1
Twitter for iOS and Mac Updated
The popular social media platform, Twitter, recently updated its iOS and Mac apps with several features including direct message notification syncing. The functionality provides ease of use, allowing data to be synced with your account through multiple platforms including iPhone, Mac, iPad, Android, and even Twitter.com. According to the update, the Twitter app also delivers "richer search results" and a new feature to discover new accounts to follow.
For a full changelog, check the respective updated platforms below:
New to Twitter for iPhone and iPad: when you read a Direct message it will be marked as read in all of your official Twitter apps, including twitter.com, mobile.twitter.com, Twitter for Mac, Twitter for Android and TweetDeck. When you read a message on another official Twitter app, it will be marked as read on iPhone and iPad.
We’ve also made more improvements in this version:
• It’s easier to join conversations with a new reply composer in the Tweet details view on iPhone
• Find new accounts to follow by tapping the new people button in the navigation bar
• Richer search results indicate when there are new Tweets for your query and show account results with bios and social context
• Report unwanted Tweets via the “More” buttonTwitter for iOS (iTunes Download Link)
Now you can see when your Tweets have been retweeted or favorited, when you have a new follower, and when you’ve been added to a list in your @Connect timeline. You can also update your notification settings to see interactions in real time.
Other improvements and bug fixes in this version include:
• When you read a Direct message on Twitter for Mac it will be marked as read in all of your official Twitter apps, including Twitter for iPhone, Twitter for iPad, Twitter for Android, twitter.com, mobile.twitter.com and TweetDeck. When you read a message on another official Twitter app, it will be marked as read on your Mac.
• Support for 6 new languages: Danish, Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian, Thai and Filipino
• Real names and @usernames appear together in all parts of the app
• Fixed character counting bug in the Tweet composer
• Fix for unfavoriting Tweets
• Fix for Growl notifications
• Other nifty fixes and improvements
Source: iTunes (iOS) (Mac)
07-08-2013, 06:38 PM #2
Ohhh, thank goodness...I've been looking forward to this! Now it takes even longer for Twitter to open on my iphone. Remarkable feat! Pay these people double their income for ruining the app functionality...