Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS Steadily Eroding Android's U.S. Market Share

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,481 Times in 567 Posts

Default iOS Steadily Eroding Android's U.S. Market Share

Although the Android mobile operating system still powered 52 percent of all smartphones sold in the U.S. between March and May of 2013, there has been virtually no growth for Google’s mobile OS this year in the U.S.

With regard to iOS, however, it’s a different story. The latest from research firm Kantar Worldpanel ComTech indicates that iOS represented 41.9 percent of U.S. smartphone sales between March and May 2013, up from 38.4 percent one year earlier.

Windows remains in third with 4.6% of sales, up 0.9% versus the same period last year.
    “While smartphone sales overall have remained relatively stable in the 3 months ending May 2013,” Kantar reports, “compared to the same period last year, iOS has grown, with a 3.5% increase during that time.”

“Consequently,” Monday’s statement to the press from Kantar reads, “with Android remaining unchanged (+0.1%) to date this year, the gap between the two leading operating systems has decreased, according to data released today by Kantar Worldpanel ComTech.”

Source: Kantar Worldpanel ComTech

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I can guess the writer on 99% of Michael Essany's posts.

Lol. Eroding eroding.