Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Cleaner Pro' Gives iOS Users a Way to Quickly Free System Memory

Default 'Cleaner Pro' Gives iOS Users a Way to Quickly Free System Memory

When it comes to memory, your iOS device can pretty much take care of itself. On the other hand, the automatic system memory handling isnít the best, and sometimes it doesnít hurt to intervene.

With a new application in Cydia called Cleaner Pro by iOS developer Feather, you can easily free up system memory when you feel like your device is becoming sluggish.

Cleaner Pro, shown above, adds an application icon to the home screen so you can easily access the application. From the application, you can see how much free memory you have, the amount of active memory, the amount of inactive memory, and the amount of wired memory. You have the option to perform a quick clean or a deep clean to free up some of your memory.

When you tap on one, such as the quick clean button, the application will begin cleaning your memory until it has freed some. You will then get a notification that tells you how much memory was freed and how long it took to free it. Tapping on the OK button returns you to the application, while tapping on the Exit button returns you to the iOS home screen.

At the bottom of the application you will find a settings button that lets you configure the application to automatically quick clean or deep clean when you open the application, depending on your own preference:

Cleaner Pro claims to be able to clear up to 40% of your memory in under 10 seconds. While it doesn't seem to do so all the time, it still does a good job of cleaning up some of your memory in a pinch to improve system responsiveness. IF you want to give Cleaner Pro a try, it's available for free in Cydia's BigBoss repository.

Name: Cleaner Pro
    Price: FREE
    Version: 2.1
    Repo: BigBoss
    Devleoper: Feather
    Editor's Rating:  3/5

I'd be interested to know how this compares to iCleaner.

Quote Originally Posted by peacedog View Post
    I'd be interested to know how this compares to iCleaner.
    They're two very different applications.

iCleaner cleans your system files in the device's storage, such as cookies, caches, etc.

Cleaner Pro is simply a RAM-freeing application.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (07-08-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    They're two very different applications.

iCleaner cleans your system files in the device's storage, such as cookies, caches, etc.

Cleaner Pro is simply a RAM-freeing application.
    So it's basically the same thing as the "Processes" toggle in SBSettings where you can free up memory?

My experience with iCleaner was that it worked fine for a while, then one time I lost most of my icons and I had to restore from a backup.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Deep clean does nothing but crash the app on iPhone 5 iOS 6

What is the point of this if you have something like Remove Background, which can remove all backgrounded apps with an Activator action?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to dgassman3 For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (07-08-2013)

It crashes iOS 6.1.2, iPhone 5 16GB

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by garfielgato2 View Post
    It crashes iOS 6.1.2, iPhone 5 16GB

You don't need this app really.

1. iOS is designed to manage background apps by itself.

2. If you do need to free up memory manually, just restart your phone. Takes less than 30 seconds on iPhone 5.

BatterySaver free app has a feature built in to clear/optimize memory.. I've had great success...

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/batt...615987910?mt=8

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    You don't need this app really.

1. iOS is designed to manage background apps by itself.

2. If you do need to free up memory manually, just restart your phone. Takes less than 30 seconds on iPhone 5.
    1. It does a ****** job of doing so.

2. There are other tweaks that accomplish this much faster.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
    1. It does a ****** job of doing so.

2. There are other tweaks that accomplish this much faster.
    I cant remember the last time I freed my ram. I have a 5, so maybe that is one of the reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    I cant remember the last time I freed my ram. I have a 5, so maybe that is one of the reasons.
    I have a 4s so that is likely why I have to do it. Sometimes I have under 100mb of RAM if I have a lot of crap running.

Quote Originally Posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
    I have a 4s so that is likely why I have to do it. Sometimes I have under 100mb of RAM if I have a lot of crap running.

my ipod 4 always has less than 90 mb of ram even if i use batterydoctorpro (it was an older way to clear ram and stuff like that and it was free so...)

Crashes every time