+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Recently Surfaced Images and Video Claim to Show Apple's "iPhone Lite"

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
A slew of images and stylized videos hit the web recently, all of which are purporting to show a buttonless rear shell attached to a display assembly bound for Apple’s
    Thanks

Default Recently Surfaced Images and Video Claim to Show Apple's "iPhone Lite"

A slew of images and stylized videos hit the web recently, all of which are purporting to show a buttonless rear shell attached to a display assembly bound for Apple’s rumored low-cost “iPhone Lite.” According to a post on its blog, accessory reseller Techdy claims to have snagged a white copy of the iPhone rear’s shell, as well as the device’s accompanying 4-inch display, from up-chain supply sources in China.

Although the images and video purportedly show an “iPhone Lite,” the lack of physical buttons on the exterior chassis make the claims a bit suspicious. The most suspicious of the recently released images is the absence of any physical control buttons or cutouts on the shell, even for a power switch, meaning the sample is either an early working prototype or has been fabricated out of whole cloth. Adding to the confusion, within the purported shell is a metal anchor plate meant for internal components. The lining has cutouts for external controls like volume and power, which is consistent with previous rumored leaks through Techdy’s shell, only shows small holes where these ports should be. This possibly means the plate was taken from a previously-leaked shell and placed in the fabricated version.

Giving away the true intentions of the site’s post is an Android handset it has for sale called the “Basic Bear,” which appears to use a rebranded version of polycarbonate shell detailed in the report. For those of you who don’t know, Techdy recently opened up shop in April with an open-source game controller for the iPad mini and as such has no track record in “leaking” Apple products. The company was founded by M.I.C. Gadget’s Chris Chang, who has a decent history in reporting on Apple’s Far East movements.

Those of you interested in watching a video of the device can do so by hitting the source link below.

Source: Techdy (blog)
    Last edited by Akshay Masand; 07-07-2013 at 08:01 PM.

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Banned
    Thanks

Budget iPhone really? WOW is this really what it's come to? So now instead of talking about amazing new products like we used to be able to do back when Steve Jobs was around, we have plastic toy versions of the iPhone for broke people to hype up instead?

Well I'm sure all the drug dealers will be happy they won't have to resort to TracFones for burner phones anymore. Not while this amazing new "budget" iPhone will be available
    Last edited by SnapIt; 07-07-2013 at 05:50 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone shigh's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SnapIt View Post
    WOW is this really what it's come to? So now instead of being excited about amazing new products we have plastic toy versions of the iPhone for broke people instead? Well I'm sure all the drug dealers will be happy that they can throw away their TracFone for this "budget" burner iPhone instead
    I hope you facepalmed nice and hard. What you said doesnt even make sense. Drug dealers should be able to afford a premium iphone! If not they are doing it wrong! And just like fat ppl broke ppl need love too

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shigh For This Useful Post:

Colwood (07-07-2013), Silverado1987 (07-07-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow. U have a very wired view on the world or a complex. That was instilled in u from when u were young. When you hear budget iPhone u automatically think drug dealer. Not a young teenager or and elderly person this could benefit...oh yea do your research on Wikipedia or what ever bs website you go to that gives you ideas like that. Find out what a burn out phone really is suppose to do.
    Last edited by mlee19841; 07-07-2013 at 06:34 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me slim.jim's Avatar
    Thanks

The same story over and over. The budget iPhone is made up in this video off supposed specs. Again, notice there isn't any model designation or "designed by Apple..." on the back of the phone. All this video is, is an advertisement for a Android based knock off that is based off an iPhone's specs that doesn't exist except in the rumor mill.

Stop writing about the same rubbish over and over.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    The same story over and over. The budget iPhone is made up in this video off supposed specs. Again, notice there isn't any model designation or "designed by Apple..." on the back of the phone. All this video is, is an advertisement for a Android based knock off that is based off an iPhone's specs that doesn't exist except in the rumor mill.

Stop writing about the same rubbish over and over.
    Pretty much another goophone.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Looks so cheap, must be free on contract!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    Pretty much another goophone.
    Exactly!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Albut View Post
    Looks so cheap, must be free on contract!
    Hahaha. Free. Hahaha. Apple. Hahaha

iPhone? More like MyPhone MoDaLoT's Avatar
    Thanks

Budget iPhone really? WOW is this really what it's come to? So now instead of talking about amazing new products like we used to be able to do back when Steve Jobs was around, we have plastic toy versions of the iPhone for broke people to hype up instead?

Well I'm sure all the drug dealers will be happy they won't have to resort to TracFones for burner phones anymore. Not while this amazing new "budget" iPhone will be available
    Lol you know a lot about that life style you sure you did not hustle on the side?

Quote Originally Posted by shigh View Post
    I hope you facepalmed nice and hard. What you said doesnt even make sense. Drug dealers should be able to afford a premium iphone! If not they are doing it wrong! And just like fat ppl broke ppl need love too
    Exactly, If they can't get it they need to get out the game.
    Last edited by MoDaLoT; 07-07-2013 at 08:17 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I just can't see Apple doing a budget phone.

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,302 Times in 704 Posts

C'mon people apple is just widening their devices so that everyone can have a piece of the pie. I am a bit confused though as people on welfare and government checks (I work at Walmart) they own iPhone 5s and galaxy s4s lol

Banned
    Thanks

Clearly you have no clue about what the point of a "BURNER PHONE" is.

As for fat and broke people, lose some weight and get better jobs! Or a better hustle for that matter

Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    Wow. U have a very wired view on the world or a complex. That was instilled in u from when u were young. When you hear budget iPhone u automatically think drug dealer. Not a young teenager or and elderly person this could benefit...oh yea do your research on Wikipedia or what ever bs website you go to that gives you ideas like that. Find out what a burn out phone really is suppose to do.
    Unlike you, I don't live a sheltered life, I know EXACTLY WTF goes on in the world and on the streets!

Younger teenager? LMAO WTF would they need a budget iPhone for when mommy and daddy buy them the regular iPhone already??

Elderly person with an iPhone? LMFAO! That's about a likely as a 3yr old with a car

Quote Originally Posted by MoDaLoT View Post
    Lol you know a lot about that life style you sure you did not hustle on the side?
    Never said I didn't

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    C'mon people apple is just widening their devices so that everyone can have a piece of the pie. I am a bit confused though as people on welfare and government checks (I work at Walmart) they own iPhone 5s and galaxy s4s lol
    Of course they do, and worst of all is YOUR TAX MONEY helped pay for it!
    Last edited by SnapIt; 07-07-2013 at 09:32 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,302 Times in 704 Posts

Of course they do, and worst of all is YOUR TAX MONEY helped pay for it!
    Lmao I know right. I work tomorrow, a lot of those people depend on me. I work too damn hard to be this broke. Lol

Thanks

Clearly you have no clue about what the point of a "BURNER PHONE" is.
    Clearly you don't either. Why would a drug dealer spend several hundred on an out of contract unlocked smart phone when they can grab a hundred free flip phones and dispose of them as needed without loosing a dime. A free phone will send and receive calls and text messages just a well.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Did anybody notice Android OS on one of the pics? Apple/Android hahahahaha

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    Clearly you don't either. Why would a drug dealer spend several hundred on an out of contract unlocked smart phone when they can grab a hundred free flip phones and dispose of them as needed without loosing a dime. A free phone will send and receive calls and text messages just a well.
    Exactly. Do some research. Internet goon.

Banned
    Thanks

what he said^^ dont hate on broke people cause you never know where youll end up in life at some point in time....

iPhone? More like MyPhone StuG III's Avatar
    Thanks

I hope this isn't real...

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

I really doubt Apple will be making a cheap iPhone...sure it would help beat out the competition, but they've never really been worried about that.