+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's iPhone 5 Said to be Sold Over Twice as Fast as Samsung's Galaxy S4 at Launch

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default Apple's iPhone 5 Said to be Sold Over Twice as Fast as Samsung's Galaxy S4 at Launch

After a report that Samsung has shipped 20 million units of their new Galaxy S4 smartphone, one analyst estimated that it took Apple less than half as much time to ship the same amount of iPhone 5 units. As Apple doesn’t break down iPhones sales by model, Brian Marshall from ISI Group looked to official opening weekend numbers and quarterly earnings reports to determine the recently provided estimates. Marshall’s estimates took Apple around 25 days to hit the 20 million mark, possibly beating Samsung by over a month.

The estimates suggest that over the first 25 days of iPhone 5 availability, the Cupertino California company shipped 805,000 units per day. In contrast, Samsung shipped less than half of that, about 333,000 Galaxy S4 units, per day. In May, just shortly after the release of the Galaxy S4, Samsung announced that they had shipped 10 million units. In comparison, It took the S4’s predecessor, which was the Galaxy S III, as many as 50 days to reach 10 million units shipped.

This week, reports claimed that the Galaxy S4 has reached shipments 20 million units as June came to a close. This would make it Samsung’s most popular device to date. Last fall, Apple announced sales of five million iPhone 5 units during the opening weekend alone. In the first full quarter of the iPhone 5 being available, Apple reached shipments of 48 million total iPhones, including previous-generation iPhone 4S and iPhone 4 models.

Although the Galaxy S4 is breaking Samsung’s sales records, the demand is rumored to have cooled down. Samsung’s market capitalization fell by $12.4 billion to $187.8 billion after a note from J.P. Morgan claimed the third-quarter sales would disappoint investors. Similarly, the markets have also reacted negatively to reports of alleged slipping demand for Apple's iPhone 5. As a result, the anticipation has begun to build for Apple’s next-generation handset, unofficially referred to as an “iPhone 5S,” which is expected to debut as soon as September.

The ISI Group continues to list shares of AAPL as a strong buy with a price target of $600. The investment firm expects several new devices, including a new high-end iPhone and a low-cost iPhone. We’ll have to wait and see what Apple introduces and how the new devices affect the value of the company’s stock.

Source: ISI Group via AppleInsider

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks

that's not a surprise considering the HTC One was out a little bit before the S4. I assume a lot of people were undecided which one to purchase. It'd be interesting to see what the numbers were for the HTC One sales around the time of the S4 release.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Amazing that people choose a name over value for money! and a technically better device.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Albut View Post
    Amazing that people choose a name over value for money! and a technically better device.
    *scratchead*

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple will always be a top seller. Even though on contract the other devices will be around 100 bucks on release(Samsung and htc devices) and the iPhones will be more. The iPhone always seems to sell out. Even if its going from a 4 to 4s. Say what u want about the same look every year. People still stand in line hours before the doors open. Quality apps with a smooth experience count me in. The htc one is nice as well I like the speakers in the front of the device. But the apps are what matter to me not the quantity but the quality. Their are a lot of pointless App Store apps but the ones that are on both platforms 9 out of 10 the app that's on the iPhone platform will be more superior. I'm not talking about the sharing option or how it integrates into the os but the smoothness of the app and how well it performs.....
    Last edited by mlee19841; 07-06-2013 at 03:39 PM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mlee19841 For This Useful Post:

bisayakid07 (07-06-2013), zplit (07-07-2013)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    apple will always will always be a top seller. Even though on contract the other devices will be around 100 bucks on release(samsung and htc devices) and the iphones will be more. The iphone always seems to sell out. Even if its going from a 4 to 4s. Say what u want about the same look every year. People still stand in line hours before the doors open. Quality apps with a smooth experience count me in. The htc one is nice as well i like the speakers in the front of the device. But the apps are what matter to me not the quantity but the quality. Their are a lot of pointless app store apps but the ones that are on both platforms 9 out of 10 the app that's on the iphone platform will be more superior. I'm not talking about the sharing option or how it integrates into the os but the smoothness of the app and how well it performs.....
    exactly👍!

iPhone? More like MyPhone DayumQuitPlayin's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, that's your opinion. But what I can state as fact is: iPhones are more popular than Galaxy S phones.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DayumQuitPlayin For This Useful Post:

zplit (07-07-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DayumQuitPlayin View Post
    Well, that's your opinion. But what I can state as fact is: iPhones are more popular than Galaxy S phones.
    I didn't or don't buy iPhones because they are popular. I buy em because they work for me. And I keep getting the new model because I can sell my used one for $400 and buy the new one for $200.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to vinaygoel2000 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (07-06-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    I didn't or don't buy iPhones because they are popular. I buy em because they work for me. And I keep getting the new model because I can sell my used one for $400 and buy the new one for $200.
    👍 Resell value always a plus with apple products.

Livin the iPhone Life Dark_Ninja's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple doesn't always just dominate. There sells drop, their shares/stocks plummet just like everyone else. Lets not let our selves be blinded by fanboism ok guys?

Just because we like something we can't ignore facts lol which happens more often than not. I wanna state a fact right now, I know some of samsungs software features may be called "gimmicky" but what would we all say of Apple would have added those features first? Would we cat gimmicky or innovating? Ima say the latter just out of pure fanboism. It's true, trust me I know. I'm as guilty as the next guy, I love my iPhone, having had one since 2007.

But that give me a right to be a jerk to other people because of my own POV! So let's just keep it cool. One thing is fact though and iPhones do hold resale value but only to people who love iPhones. Androids are just as much a resale value to hardcore android guys so again keep the fanboism down fellas.

Lets not live the stereotype, the iSheep are blind retards lol.

Lastly, why does iOS 7 look like it was made by a group of hooked on phonics children? iOS 7 is crap and I thought Were supposed to be moving forward not going backwards??? Wth!?
    Last edited by Dark_Ninja; 07-07-2013 at 06:46 AM.

http://www.vicrosdesigns.net/imgs/DNsigv3.png

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I think you meant amazing how people would choose a quality product over a plastic pos with a bunch of just stupid useless features. by the way, what smartphone was samsung selling when the first gen iphone came out? if you want the galaxy then get it. If you want an iphone, get it. Doesn't really matter. Bottom line is the samsung is being out sold by a better product. These numbers are proof

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Ninja View Post
    Apple doesn't always just dominate. There sells drop, their shares/stocks plummet just like everyone else. Lets not let our selves be blinded by fanboism ok guys?

Just because we like something we can't ignore facts lol which happens more often than not. I wanna state a fact right now, I know some of samsungs software features may be called "gimmicky" but what would we all say of Apple would have added those features first? Would we cat gimmicky or innovating? Ima say the latter just out of pure fanboism. It's true, trust me I know. I'm as guilty as the next guy, I love my iPhone, having had one since 2007.

But that give me a right to be a jerk to other people because of my own POV! So let's just keep it cool. One thing is fact though and iPhones do hold resale value but only to people who love iPhones. Androids are just as much a resale value to hardcore android guys so again keep the fanboism down fellas.

Lets not live the stereotype, the iSheep are blind retards lol.

Lastly, why does iOS 7 look like it was made by a group of hooked on phonics children? iOS 7 is crap and I thought Were supposed to be moving forward not going backwards??? Wth!?
    Are you 10?
    Last edited by frankjc81; 07-08-2013 at 01:35 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tperry's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frankjc81 View Post
    Are you 10?
    He must be an adult because he doesn't like the child-like look of IOS 7. And neither do I. Looks to much like some other phones out there, not innovative but duplicative.
    Not a waterboy for Android OR Apple.

Thanks

Thought they were changing some icons due to the backlash.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Patato22's Avatar
    Thanks

Use to love and have an iphone, Iphone is boring same old look over and over again. iphone 4 ,4s, 5 same look same old desing yes they change it a lil on the 5 but same copy from the 4.4s xD, SOLD that old iphone and get me a note 2 LOVE IT. i mean i still like iphone but apple need a new all new iphone not just a iphone 4.4s or 5 copy desing OS 7 sucks i hate it jajaja color back ground sucks what ever you still like iphne good for you or samsung phone good for you ITS JUST A PHONE PPL you like what you like\\\\\

Yes my english sucks jajajaja anyways

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tperry View Post
    He must be an adult because he doesn't like the child-like look of IOS 7. And neither do I. Looks to much like some other phones out there, not innovative but duplicative.
    How is the look of ios7 surprising? Apple has always made it clear that they go for the extreme simple approach to things. Ios7 to me looks sleek,clean, and simple which has always been apples m.o
    You can always jailbreak and change it. As long as the phone functions the way it always has, that's all I really care about. To each their own tho.