+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Japan's Top Carrier May Have to Embrace Apple's iPhone After All

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Perceptum LMAO! Good one. Then why did Verizon's VP Jim Gerace say it? Just look at the USA article called "Verizon Rejected Apple iPhone Deal" dated 1/29/2007.
    iPhone? More like MyPhone rvance's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Perceptum View Post
    LMAO! Good one.

Then why did Verizon's VP Jim Gerace say it? Just look at the USA article called "Verizon Rejected Apple iPhone Deal" dated 1/29/2007.

"Among other things, Apple wanted a percentage of the monthly cellphone fees, say over how and where iPhones could be sold and control of the relationship with iPhone customers, said Jim Gerace, a Verizon Wireless vice president. 'We said no. We have nothing bad to say about the Apple iPhone. We just couldn't reach a deal that was mutually beneficial.'"
    +1
    I do remember that also. Not saying that is the whole reason but its definitely part of it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rvance View Post
    +1
    I do remember that also. Not saying that is the whole reason but its definitely part of it.
    Learn to read in between the lines of your article. Of course Verizon would never admit it was due to their weak network. "We just couldn't reach a deal that was mutually beneficial.'" Mutually beneficial meaning they were not ready to upgrade their network. PLEASE read this article. I believe it makes my point for me:

Verizon CEO says that the carrier never had a shot at the original Apple iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Perceptum View Post
    LMAO! Good one.

Then why did Verizon's VP Jim Gerace say it? Just look at the USA article called "Verizon Rejected Apple iPhone Deal" dated 1/29/2007.

"Among other things, Apple wanted a percentage of the monthly cellphone fees, say over how and where iPhones could be sold and control of the relationship with iPhone customers, said Jim Gerace, a Verizon Wireless vice president. 'We said no. We have nothing bad to say about the Apple iPhone. We just couldn't reach a deal that was mutually beneficial.'"
    Last edited by killakill; 07-11-2013 at 05:40 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by killakill View Post
    Learn to read in between the lines of your article. Of course Verizon would never admit it was due to their weak network. "We just couldn't reach a deal that was mutually beneficial.'" Mutually beneficial meaning they were not ready to upgrade their network. PLEASE read this article. I believe it makes my point for me:

Verizon CEO says that the carrier never had a shot at the original Apple iPhone
    Nice try, go find your own article.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Docomo has a premium price for its service, which has better coverage-especially in the countryside. The premium price and coverage follows through with their customer service, in an almost snobbish way.

I used the first Android phone sold in Japan for two years, provided by Docomo. It came time to upgrade and at the time I was open to iPhone or android. I worked in IT for nine years and my take at the time was that iOS and Android were pretty much the same thing.

When they falsely told me I could upgrade 3 times and then told me I needed to wait another month, I told them I'd go for iPhone with SoftBank. They didn't even seem to care that I wanted to change carriers. They made no effort to try to keep me. That's what turned me to iOS.

I'm not going to claim any advantages or disadvantages in the useless android vs iOS arguments, but I'll confirm that many ppl don't use Docomo solely for the lack of Apple products. It's about time Docomo gets off its high seat and realizes that.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12