+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Vine Updated to Version 1.3, Adds Channels and Discovery Options

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default Vine Updated to Version 1.3, Adds Channels and Discovery Options

The Twitter-owned short video sharing service, Vine, recently released an update for its iPhone app. The service claims it’s the biggest update yet as it offers new discovery and sharing opportunities packed in. Version 1.3 of Vine for iOS brings the ability to submit posts to different “channels” within the app. These channels include Comedy, Art & Experimental, Cats, and more.

Vine users have the ability to discover new Viners from within the Explore feature, as well as the ability to Revine their favorite clips, posting them to their own activity screens. The update also adds new capture tools, allowing users to shoot with different focus, grid, and ghost options. In addition, users can now create protected accounts, which can be followed and set to be viewed only by user-approved viewers.

Vine version 1.3 contains a number of optimizations and bug fixes as well (a common feature in many app updates). The update also brings a faster search capability for frequently searched hashtags and people.

The update comes shortly after Vine gained a major competitor in the form of video for Instagram. The Facebook-owned Instagram in late June rolled out new video capture capabilities for its 130 million users, giving them to ability to record 15-second videos and share them through their Instagram accounts with assorted filters and built-in image stabilization. Vine in comparison offers 6-second clips to its users.

Vine (iTunes Download Link)

Those of you interested in downloading the 11.9 MB app can do so for free in the iTunes App Store. Users must be running the iPhone 3GS (or higher), the third-generation iPod Touch (or higher), and iPads with iOS 5 installed.

Source: iTunes

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

But what's the point Instagram drop kicked vine with there video update everyone I had on my vine deleted it when Instagram updated

iPhone? More like MyPhone Breezy215's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vamp914 View Post
    But what's the point Instagram drop kicked vine with there video update everyone I had on my vine deleted it when Instagram updated
    More like roundhouse kicked!!! lol Until Vine either adds additional time and/or the ability to use your prerecorded vids, they're gonna be Instagram's exhaust eater...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by breezy215 View Post
    gosh i hate this website!! It's stupid lame and gosh! Why must it ex-ist
    i love you