Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New 'Leaked' Images of Apple's 'iPhone Lite' Hit The Web

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,482 Times in 568 Posts

Default New 'Leaked' Images of Apple's 'iPhone Lite' Hit The Web

More leaked images of Apple's long-awaited low-cost iPhone are spreading across the blogosphere like wildfire today.

If legitimate, the photos unquestionably represent the most detailed shots we have to date of the so-called "iPhone Lite."

Consistent with other component images turning up online in recent weeks, the newest shots of the iPhone Lite shell suggest that Apple will roll out the entry-level iPhone in a variety of colors from which consumers can choose. Surfacing first on Nowhereelse.fr, the shell shots depict red, yellow, white and blue models, although more options - including green - are expected.

Apart from the color diversity on display, these new images don't really tell us much else about the rumored low-cost iPhone. Analysts still expect the cheaper model to simply phase out signature glass and metal components to accommodate a cheaper but highly durable plastic.

Apple, it goes without saying, hasn't confirmed the device's existence. However, it's been apparent for quite some time now that Apple would like to crank out a cheaper iPhone in hopes of eliminating the need for carrier subsidies, which is something that would give Apple more flexibility in the manufacturing process.

Source: Nowhereelse.fr

Thanks

Well..this one won't quit guess its true. Would be a win for consumers that cannot afford a $600+ iPhone 5/5S. Just never thought a premium hardware maker would bother making hardware that is not well..premium. Guess time will tell us if this is true or not.

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    Well..this one won't quit guess its true. Would be a win for consumers that cannot afford a $600+ iPhone 5/5S. Just never thought a premium hardware maker would bother making hardware that is not well..premium. Guess time will tell us if this is true or not.
    How can you say this is not "premium hardware"? The 3G and 3GS had plastic backs and I would have taken either of those backs over the 4/4S fragile to the touch glass.

This is a major faux pas for apple, they have built up a reputation for making quality products the appearance of these "iPhone lites" would damage the reputation they have built up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx83 View Post
    How can you say this is not "premium hardware"? The 3G and 3GS had plastic backs and I would have taken either of those backs over the 4/4S fragile to the touch glass.
    Same here. I do miss the 3G/3GS back. Plus people can't afford even the on contract price for the iPhone 5/5s. So a low budget one would be a perfect marketing plan to cover all bases

Even Porsche has the Boxster... entry level is it's own market and doesn't really effect the other half. Seems like an iPod with phone capabilities. Exactly what I felt they should do... golf clap

they look cheap. I'm not impressed.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree. To me they look like cheap plastic phones, not the style Apple rolls with. I just don't see them leaving the one iPhone released each year schedule, but I guess anything could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post

I agree. To me they look like cheap plastic phones, not the style Apple rolls with. I just don't see them leaving the one iPhone released each year schedule, but I guess anything could happen.
    They will never leave that idea. It's to much hype built around it. Only phone that has people camping out weeks before the phone is in stores.

Thanks

I'm still thinking these are cheap Chinese knockoffs. Nothing about those reflects Apples focus on design. And for the mentioned Boxster, $50,000 is far from a budget sports car. Let's be real not every company has to make something for everyone. If you can't afford it then find something you can. Samsung makes an 85" 4K tv that cost $40k, they don't have to now make one that is in the $2000 price range so more people can have one.

Why is this surprising? They came out with the iPod shuffle. It's about as entry level as an MP3 player can get, but it hasn't hurt the company.

Even Mercedes has the C class and it hasn't hurt the company, even though their S class customers probably wouldn't even buy their 16 yo kid one.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i113 View Post
    Why is this surprising? They came out with the iPod shuffle. It's about as entry level as an MP3 player can get, but it hasn't hurt the company.

Even Mercedes has the C class and it hasn't hurt the company, even though their S class customers probably wouldn't even buy their 16 yo kid one.
    It's surprising because if these pics do turn out to be real, it's hideous. Apple is and always has been a design centered company. Apple products must function the best in the market and look sexy doing it.

What's hideous about it? The 3G(s) versions had rounded back shells and the did ok.
    Remember the "fishbowl" iMacs? They came in a bunch of colors, were fun, and successful. Even still, I've never heard them referred to as "sexy" I also don't remember the Mac Pro users complaining about the low end system being introduced.
    And for all you Steve Jobs disciples, he was the mastermind behind the colorful iMacs.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i113 View Post
    What's hideous about it? The 3G(s) versions had rounded back shells and the did ok.
    Remember the "fishbowl" iMacs? They came in a bunch of colors, were fun, and successful. Even still, I've never heard them referred to as "sexy" I also don't remember the Mac Pro users complaining about the low end system being introduced.
    And for all you Steve Jobs disciples, he was the mastermind behind the colorful iMacs.
    They might have had plastic in the past but that was also back when the machining technology wasn't available to produce such low tolerance metal casings. Apple has phased out all plastics casings from their products, why would they reintroduce it? There is also a big difference between a plastic low end iPhone and a "low end" Mac Pro. The "low end" Mac Pro was still very powerful and still looked like a Mac Pro.

A plastic iPhone would be a 5 year step backwards.

Notice these "iPhones" don't have any of the license information or product model info printed on them at all. If they took the time to print the word iPhone then why didn't they also print that on the casing?
    Last edited by slim.jim; 07-03-2013 at 08:04 PM.

Banned
    Thanks

the iPhone 5 only costs $99 the 4 and 4S can be had for free or 99 cents.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    the iPhone 5 only costs $99 the 4 and 4S can be had for free or 99 cents.
    iPhone 4 costs $450, 4S costs $550 and 5 costs $650. Wake up!!!

Ughhh.. Mr. Jobs would roll over in his grave at the idea of this, although I do like how Apple is starting to go back to the color pallet as they did so well in earl 2000's

I think it's drastically important to note that these shells are wrapped in plastic protective shields... You can see the bubbles. With that, I'dd like to think that these phones aren't as cheap feeling and looking as, you know, the galaxy s4. I would hope these plastics have a more solid feel... Just like the iPhone 3GS did. Or the iPhone 3G.

My point is that, even early production models of the iPhone 5 looked really cheap... And let me tel you, the build quality on the device in my hands is FAR from cheap.

Agreed Derek. And to add The weight and feel
    Of any phone has just as much to do with what's in it as what it is wrapped in.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,253 Times in 1,384 Posts

Maybe its the iPhone 6! LOL!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast