+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New 'Leaked' Images of Apple's 'iPhone Lite' Hit The Web

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by slim.jim They might have had plastic in the past but that was also back when the machining technology wasn't available to produce such low tolerance metal casings.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    They might have had plastic in the past but that was also back when the machining technology wasn't available to produce such low tolerance metal casings. Apple has phased out all plastics casings from their products, why would they reintroduce it? There is also a big difference between a plastic low end iPhone and a "low end" Mac Pro. The "low end" Mac Pro was still very powerful and still looked like a Mac Pro.

A plastic iPhone would be a 5 year step backwards.

Notice these "iPhones" don't have any of the license information or product model info printed on them at all. If they took the time to print the word iPhone then why didn't they also print that on the casing?
    Plastic technology has also vastly improved in the last 10 years, even the last 3 years.

Also it won't be a "cheap" phone, it will be better than a 4s and free on subsidized markets, and cheaper than the 4s for unsubsidized customers. It's a market apple is getting crushed in by their competitors, thus losing millions of activations at a growing rate every quarter. This obviously looks bad for future developers and investors.

But as you said, These don't look legit, no matter the price of the phone apple will add the licensing information and device number, there's no way around that. So most likely these are just replicas of the leaked dimensions we've all seen. (Which if you remember pre iPhone 5, even if case makers start making a case based on "guaranteed" specs, apple can always throw a curve ball. )

John Ivy and the rest of apple's design team wouldn't let a sub par product leave the facility, they never have and they never will. Give them some time and I'm sure they won't disappoint. Even a week or two before the last keynote apple didn't have the rights to the music companies for iRadio to be ready just a mere few days before they were able to finalize everything and have it ready to be displayed. Point being, apple will be improving and improving this new line of iPhone until the day it is released. Apple loves wild colors, it's in their roots... This will be their new baby. But of course never forgetting their power users as well.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i thinks so

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    It's surprising because if these pics do turn out to be real, it's hideous. Apple is and always has been a design centered company. Apple products must function the best in the market and look sexy doing it.
    What you said. Ha lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone peacedog's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm leaning more towards Chinese knockoffs. It doesn't even have the class "model number", "designed by Apple in California", and "FCC ID" underneath where it says iPhone.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to peacedog For This Useful Post:

slim.jim (07-05-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by peacedog View Post
    I'm leaning more towards Chinese knockoffs. It doesn't even have the class "model number", "designed by Apple in California", and "FCC ID" underneath where it says iPhone.
    That was what I noticed too. The colors are just bad too, maybe that's the photo but they are horrible.

iPhone? More like MyPhone SirZyrion's Avatar
    Thanks

I like the idea of a "lite" iPhone. It's tough to remember here in America that most of the world is still developing their 3G networks. It doesn't make sense to charge them iPhone 5/5s prices for a phone with features they'll never be able to use. Plastic back or not, it'll still have the same Apple quality. I'm actually curious to see how a premium manufacturer like Apple does "cheap". BMW tried it with the 1 Series, and I like those a lot. It could go well!

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Mock ups:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,307 Times in 2,723 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    Mock ups:

This is a completely different back from what is posted. Lol. Better mock up than the knock offs.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Are they made in china. Look like it!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,734 Times in 857 Posts

Err, kinda ugly. Apple finally hit the nail directly on the head with the sleekness of the iPhone 5. Now they're going back to 2007? Hard to believe.

Remember, there is money to be made with "leaked" Apple information. Do not trust anything that does not come directly from Apple!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,195 Times in 981 Posts

could these just be an iPod touch that someone stamped iphone onto?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,195 Times in 981 Posts

here's a video...

http://vimeo.com/69703577

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    here's a video...

http://vimeo.com/69703577
    An android based knock off, that is all.
    Last edited by slim.jim; 07-06-2013 at 10:01 PM.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12