Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Tops Samsung on Consumer Satisfaction... in South Korea

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default Apple Tops Samsung on Consumer Satisfaction... in South Korea

There's nothing worse than losing on your home field. But that's how Samsung must feel today on the heels of reports that Apple has bested Samsung in consumer satisfaction.... in South Korea.

On Tuesday, Quality Insights released a new report indicating that South Korea's native tech behemoth now trails Apple on customer satisfaction in the flourishing South Korean smartphone market.

According to published reports, the survey culled data from more than 44,000 smartphone owners in South Korea. Participants were asked to rate their overall satisfaction with smartphone devices (Samsung products vs. Apple products). The assessment of consumer satisfaction spanned a full calendar year.

Apple scored a 52 percent satisfaction rating. Although that isn't much better than Samsung's 50 percent satisfaction rating among consumers, a win is still a win.

In third place in consumer satisfaction was LG, which garnered a 46 percent satisfaction rating.

So how did Apple manage to beat out South Korean rivals Samsung and LG? The survey shows that Apple's promptness in addressing device repairs went a long way to please South Korean consumers and put the company ahead f its nearest competitors.

Source: Apple Insider

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

That's funny. Makes sense though, Apple has always been good at customer service (at least to me)!

Thanks

Can't even win on their home turf.

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    That's funny. Makes sense though, Apple has always been good at customer service (at least to me)!
    I do have to agree with you 100% they have been very helpful when i had a problem or question.

Just called them to see if I could get the back to school promo even if I purchased my Mac 3 weeks ago. They had no problem giving it to me and the rep was so kind.
    Every time I call them it's a great experience. This article is no surprise.

Banned
    Thanks

how does one measure "Consumer Satisfaction"? almost every iPhone user wish their iPhones had any number of a dozen or more features already available on any number of Android phones so how "satisfied could the be? even here on MMI, there is no shortage of 'disgruntled' iFans who lament the lack of this or that for the iPhone.

My definition of satisfaction is that I don't have long wish list for my device AND I don't buy a phone only to hope next years model has the features I wanted this year.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,274 Times in 7,007 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    how does one measure "Consumer Satisfaction"? almost every iPhone user wish their iPhones had any number of a dozen or more features already available on any number of Android phones so how "satisfied could the be? even here on MMI, there is no shortage of 'disgruntled' iFans who lament the lack of this or that for the iPhone.

My definition of satisfaction is that I don't have long wish list for my device AND I don't buy a phone only to hope next years model has the features I wanted this year.
    Apparently by asking consumers. Go figure.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (07-03-2013)

the news is quite predictable to me as what if you are the world's most manufacturer in mobile making you know what matters most it quality services not in terms of the performance coming out of the device but the after sell satisfaction as well

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post

Why don't you go add another widget or change the background on your android prone cause that's all they're good for(even that gets boring fast) but seriously why do you feel the need to troll and make DUMBA$$ comments on just about every article. BTW if android was so great then why are you trolling on a Apple web page.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Luie82 For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (07-03-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Apparently by asking consumers. Go figure.
    Ha! Good one!

Trolls can't handle the truth. It's like blinding sunlight to vampires. They have to hide away in the shadows.

this one clearly got burned by this news. So sad.