+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'HomeDisplay' Adds Useful Information to the Home Screen in a Second Status Bar

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'HomeDisplay' Adds Useful Information to the Home Screen in a Second Status Bar

If you want to add even more useful information to the home screen, you can now do so with a new jailbreak tweak called HomeDisplay by iOS developer Michael Poole.

Shown above, HomeDisplay adds what looks like a second Status Bar right beneath the usual Status Bar. The second Status Bar houses information like the date, outside temperature, and even music information if you have music playing:

All weather information is drawn from the Weather application, so if youíre using a specific location for weather, that information will be used, while on the flip side, if youíre using your location for weather, than your locationís weather information will be used. The music information shows your currently playing song and the artist it's by. The information scrolls from right to left.

The second Status Bar only appears on the home screen. It doesnít appear on the lock screen or from within applications, so you donít have to worry about your precious screen space being taken up by dual Status Bars. The additional information is a nice touch to the home screen.

You can easily enable or disable HomeDisplay from the tweak's preferences pane in the Settings application:

HomeDisplay is compatible with the iPhone and iPod touch, but not yet the iPad. It can be installed on any device running iOS 6.0 or later. If you want to give it a try, you will find it in Cydia's BigBoss repository for $2.

Name: HomeDisplay
    Price: $2
    Version: 1.0-7
    Requirements: iPhone or iPod touch running iOS 6.0+
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Michael Poole
    Editor's Rating: / 3.5/5

Green Apple
    Thanks

If only it can be customized... If u pause music, the music will still display until u close out the music player... kinda annoying...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Fahrenheit app will display temperature from the app icon. As an alternative.

iPhone? More like MyPhone 5kylar's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool tweak. I hope the background of the status bar is an image and not code.
    iPhone 4 - iOS 7.0.4 Jailbroken

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

FORECAST cydia app puts this all on your lock screen.

Thanks

This is a great concept, but I don't like the way it adds itself as a second status bar instead of expanding the first, and customization for diff icons (i.e. caller-id, typestatus, sms, email, missed calls etc.)...

Oh yeah, and it's not adding $2 worth of functionality....IMHO

iPhone? More like MyPhone 5kylar's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by offroad1994 View Post
    FORECAST cydia app puts this all on your lock screen.
    Agreed, Forecast is what I've been using for months. No problems so far. It's also a buck less
    iPhone 4 - iOS 7.0.4 Jailbroken

iPhone? More like MyPhone ABOSWORTH's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 5kylar View Post
    Agreed, Forecast is what I've been using for months. No problems so far. It's also a buck less
    I have been using forecast for over a year now and I love it. I still like this tweak though. It will be even better when you can customize it and add more stuff. I like the look of the extra bar and I like having the date and temp right there. It's a good option.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've noticed two things with this tweak:
    1) It seems to drain my free memory
    2) I cannot seem to get the temperature to adjust

Anyone else?