+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: P0sixninja May Have Something "Bigger Than a Jailbreak" Coming in the Future

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,041 Times in 763 Posts

Default P0sixninja May Have Something "Bigger Than a Jailbreak" Coming in the Future

iOS hacker p0sixninja, also known as Joshua Hill, has Tweeted saying that he has been working on something that he thinks will be "bigger than a jailbreak." According to the hacker, there are many great things about to come, and they’re all coming soon.

A few months back, the hacker noted that the next jailbreak, possibly for iOS 7, may be completed by Hill himself, but since Hill believes what he is working on will be bigger than a jailbreak release, we already know a jailbreak isn't what Hill is hinting about on Twitter.

After a follower of Hill had asked the hacker for a hint about what he was working on, Hill said “I can get a copy of any Apple internal firmware, also known as signed version of ssh of telnet.”

Hill also responded to a Tweet that said, “embedded software development tools!” by saying, “that's only part of it. Although I could use more developers. 3 isn't enough.”

Obviously the details are very interesting, but also vague. We expect to see that Hill will have lots of support from the jailbreak community as he works on his projects and we are excited to see what he may release in the future. We will keep you updated on any details as they arise.

Sources: p0sixninja via iClarified

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

LudaChris (06-26-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,015 Times in 915 Posts

Drooling! Wonder what he's got up his sleeve!?!?!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

gameguy95 (06-25-2013), vinaygoel2000 (06-25-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,669 Times in 5,934 Posts

^agree, certainly could be exciting.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Working your way around what Apple has put in place is worthy of praise. Shows skill and ingenuity. STEALING sensitive internal documents. What an A*@Hole!!!

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Sounds sweet, just hope he doesn't end up getting into trouble over it. Good luck with everything!

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ambi_Valence View Post
    Working your way around what Apple has put in place is worthy of praise. Shows skill and ingenuity. STEALING sensitive internal documents. What an A*@Hole!!!
    quit your bitchin anything he does is always to benefit the jailbreak community

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to xhazex9x For This Useful Post:

BennyPR (06-25-2013), iPhoneThereforeIAm (06-25-2013), LudaChris (06-26-2013), Mohit555 (06-26-2013), Rcworship (06-25-2013)

Thanks

People are tweeting 'bootrom exploit' but I have a feeling this is deeper than that...

I'm wondering if he's discovered an unpatchable exploit that's found in all firmwares and is required by Apple when they create their ipsw file. Apple would have to completely rewrite how they create firmwares which would be counterproductive considering all the iDevices already sold. Lastly, Apple might not even be able to locate the exploit!

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

gameguy95 (06-25-2013), iPhoneThereforeIAm (06-25-2013), LudaChris (06-26-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xhazex9x View Post
    quit your bitchin anything he does is always to benefit the jailbreak community
    Listen to that. He's a knob and so are you judging by that response. We must all draw the line somewhere, and he's crossed it.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,905 Times in 2,003 Posts

I reckon it's the VFDecrypt keys if I had to make a guess. He had been trying for ages to get them. Leads to a Bootrom exploit which seems unlikely...Hopefully we hear soon & this doesn't drag out...
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

BennyPR (06-25-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me GrandMstrBud's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ambi_Valence View Post
    Really? I'm sure when jailbreaks come out the sales increase and a stock iPhone is boring. I myself had to search around to find the iPhone 5 on 6.1.2 or I'd never have bought one. I'm sure there are others that would not buy one that is not jailbreakable.

Thanks

If it lets me jailbreak an iPhone 5S when it comes out with iOS 7 I'm all for it!!

Continue to free our devices, by any means necessary!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

w/out a jailbreak, I'd be using an Android device! Thank you all who server the greater good!

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to edwilk55 For This Useful Post:

Anthonerz (06-26-2013), gameguy95 (06-25-2013), iPhoneThereforeIAm (06-25-2013)

Thanks

Even if it were a bootrom exploit, its dependent on owning a certain device. This sounds better than just that!

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

BennyPR (06-25-2013), gameguy95 (06-25-2013)

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,064 Times in 4,206 Posts

Wow this should be good.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    People are tweeting 'bootrom exploit' but I have a feeling this is deeper than that...

I'm wondering if he's discovered an unpatchable exploit that's found in all firmwares and is required by Apple when they create their ipsw file. Apple would have to completely rewrite how they create firmwares which would be counterproductive considering all the iDevices already sold. Lastly, Apple might not even be able to locate the exploit!
    I really hope you are right on this one man. Even if it is a bootrom that would be good enough. But if it's the whole ipsw thing that would be absolutely wonderful and he would be the new face of jailbreaking.

Thanks

He's figured out a way to let everyone downgrade when needed.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post

I think you nailed it... +1

25. The Following User Says Thank You to skibumstevo For This Useful Post:

A11AST3R (06-25-2013)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Keep at it man we are 100% behind you just cover your Behind would hate to see you get busted trying to do good for others.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Jailbreaking is amazing and all. I really appreciate all the amazing devs taking their time to find exploits and bring us new jailbreaks. What I'm not going to say is alright, is breaking into Apple servers and stealing files. Until now, we've gotten jailbreaks without any dev having to attack Apple.

People always love to blow their own horn. Bigger than jailbreak? We'll have to see. Apple dislikes jailbreaking enough as it is, though the court ruled it legal, they always patch exploits. Sneaking into their servers and stealing files, well... if they find you in there, you're done for. But I look forward to whatever he's working on.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,855 Times in 884 Posts

Excited to hear more!! Sounds like great things to come

+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast