+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 7 Beta 2 Adds New Anticipated HD Siri Voices

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
iOS 7 Beta 2 was seeded to developers Monday afternoon so the next phase of testing could commence. Many are wondering what is new in the beta update; notably, Siri
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,042 Times in 764 Posts

Default iOS 7 Beta 2 Adds New Anticipated HD Siri Voices

iOS 7 Beta 2 was seeded to developers Monday afternoon so the next phase of testing could commence. Many are wondering what is new in the beta update; notably, Siri has received the anticipated high definition voices in the update.

Apple briefly touched the new HD voices at the WWDC 2013 keynote, showing a preview of what the voices would sound like. Demonstrated was a new female and new male voice, both of which don’t sound like the Siri we know from iOS 5 and iOS 6, but rather a more fluent voice that sounds less computerized.

The new Siri voice can be set from the Settings application. The user can navigate to Settings>General>Siri and then choose to set the "Voice Gender" as male or female. Users still have the option to pick between several different languages, which are also more fluent-sounding.

The new voices give Siri a whole new persona. Along with the voices, Siri is now smarter and iOS 7 also gives Siri an all-new appearance, which has been around since iOS 7 Beta 1. Siri should now be much better of a conversationalist in iOS 7 when finally released to the public; iOS 7 beta is currently only available for developers.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 06-24-2013 at 11:37 PM.

Thanks

Hooray for Steven Hawkins on my iPhone!

Thanks

^^ HAHAHA! Now im reminded of the many Family Guy episodes with him haha!

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

Siri now sounds like a stupid Valley Girl.

Thanks

There is no HD voice in siri in the seed. It's just the option to change gender. I have it and the Release notes say just the gender.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,042 Times in 764 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dacheezypuffs View Post
    There is no HD voice in siri in the seed. It's just the option to change gender. I have it and the Release notes say just the gender.
    That's correct. You can change the gender. The female voice is different than what we had before and it is referred to as HD because it's much more fluent than in iOS 6 and older and sounds less like a computer and more like a human talking. The male voice is just a bonus.