+ Reply
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Seeds iOS 7 Beta 2 to Developers

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by confucious Apple? And modmyi always used to agree. Kyle, your thoughts? Link please.
    My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Apple?

And modmyi always used to agree.

Kyle, your thoughts?
    Link please.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    It's only beta 2 I'm sure it will have bugs. Sane issues with me. But it's not gonna be perfect it's beta
    Yeah I guess you're right

Thanks
    Thanked 5,220 Times in 1,860 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    It's only beta 2 I'm sure it will have bugs. Sane issues with me. But it's not gonna be perfect it's beta
    Even then the GM's can be still buggy. Look at iOS6 & Apple's ignorance to address the much talked about Bluetooth pairing issue. They even removed the thread posted up on their AppleDev site, blaming third party products. Heck my two iphone 5's wont even pair when they are right next to each other! U try it, iOS6 bluetooth devices don't pair ' it still hasn't been rectified in the iOS7 beta's. Not that I use it but still...But my 4S on 5.1.1 no issues...
    Twitter Id: @Jato_BZ
    Ask questions here or there, or follow/preview my theme build process...something different

Thanks
    Thanked 1,596 Times in 775 Posts

Apparently, I'm late to the party...

I just realized, because of iOS 7, that I can disable App Badges in the Notification Settings on iOS 6.x!!! Where have I been!?!?!

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Apparently, I'm late to the party...

I just realized, because of iOS 7, that I can disable App Badges in the Notification Settings on iOS 6.x!!! Where have I been!?!?!
    Really? I've always disabled badges from Notification settings. However, there's one app I know of that doesn't work properly if you disable badges. It's Viber. Gives a prompt that Push Notifications needs to be turned ON for Viber to work even though all I had disabled was the badges.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    Really? I've always disabled badges from Notification settings. However, there's one app I know of that doesn't work properly if you disable badges. It's Viber. Gives a prompt that Push Notifications needs to be turned ON for Viber to work even though all I had disabled was the badges.
    Yep...I'm an idiot! Had no clue that existed...

Thanks

So....
    I'm gonna have to go back to 6.1.3 on one of my devices: the ip4 or the iPad 3.

I use both for work but I discovered the VPN app I require to access their Secure Site doesn't work on ios 7. I'm leaning towards downgrading the ip4 since I can jailbreak it and tether via Bluetooth using MyWi.

What do u all think???

Thanks

So....
    I'm gonna have to go back to 6.1.3 on one of my devices: the ip4 or the iPad 3.

I use both for work but I discovered the VPN app I require to access their Secure Site doesn't work on ios 7. I'm leaning towards downgrading the ip4 since I can jailbreak it and tether via Bluetooth using MyWi.

What do u all think???
    Well I am not sure what can and can't be jail broken 6.1.3+ but the iPhone would down grade to 6.1.4, not 6.1.3. The most up to date firmware for the iPad is 6.1.3. Unless you have all your blobs saved.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    Well I am not sure what can and can't be jail broken 6.1.3+ but the iPhone would down grade to 6.1.4, not 6.1.3. The most up to date firmware for the iPad is 6.1.3. Unless you have all your blobs saved.
    The ip5 is the only phone that can use 6.1.4. The other iPhones will downgrade to 6.1.3. I can downgrade the iPad 3 to 6.1.3 but cannot jailbreak it. I can jailbreak the ip4 on 6.1.3 w/ a tethered jailbreak.

The only reason I'm considering doing the phone is because my work's Outlook requires a device to be on 6.1.3/4+. Therefore, I use the ip4 as an iPod so I can receive/send emails, calendar events, etc. Since I'm tethering from my jailbroken ip4S, its better on my ip4S battery to use bluetooth instead of WiFi hotspot. On the ip4, I can setup MyWi On-Demand using bluetooth plus get all the other benefits of it being jailbroken.

The only reason I'm thinking of using the iPad is because its easier to type on but its not something I carry w/ me all the time. I'm considering getting an iPad mini that I'll have to buy but use that for work instead
    Last edited by thazsar; 06-28-2013 at 11:00 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Im thinking trying the beta 2 IOS 7 on my Iphone 4s. Is there a Jailbrake yet for IOS 7?

Thanks
    Thanked 14,775 Times in 6,871 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DolphinxManiax23 View Post
    Im thinking trying the beta 2 IOS 7 on my Iphone 4s. Is there a Jailbrake yet for IOS 7?
    O_o

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    O_o
    Hahahaha! Be nice, Mr Moderator!!!

No there is no jailbreaking for iOS 7. It's still in beta and they won't even release a jailbreak until the public release comes out.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

DolphinxManiax23 (06-28-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

No there is no jailbreaking for iOS 7. It's still in beta and they won't even release a jailbreak until the public release comes out.
    When does it go out in Public the ISO 7? My friend been wondering cuz she said she heard people has it already. But I am asuming they have the beta verison?

Thanks

do I havta? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by DolphinxManiax23 View Post
    When does it go out in Public the ISO 7? My friend been wondering cuz she said she heard people has it already. But I am asuming they have the beta verison?
    Don't know yet. Apple haven't set a release date. Yes it is in beta.

Thanks

I can jailbreak the ip4 on 6.1.3 w/ a tethered jailbreak.
    Can you?

Does restoring to iOS 6.13 downgrade the BB from 4.12.06 Or does the JB work with 4.12.06? Or do you have a CDMA version who's BB was, of course, not upgraded?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Can you?

Does restoring to iOS 6.13 downgrade the BB from 4.12.06 Or does the JB work with 4.12.06? Or do you have a CDMA version who's BB was, of course, not upgraded?
    Huh?

Thanks

iOS7 on the GSM iPhonr 4 has a different baseband from iOS6.13
    Normally restoring a lower version of iOS does not downgrade the BB - I don't know if it does with beta FW. If it does, no problem. If it doesn't I do not know if the device would still be jail breakable. Do you?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Can you?

I think you are confusing jailbreaking and unlocking. Baseband has nothing to do with the ability to jailbreak.

Thanks

iOS7 on the GSM iPhonr 4 has a different baseband from iOS6.13
    Normally restoring a lower version of iOS does not downgrade the BB - I don't know if it does with beta FW. If it does, no problem. If it doesn't I do not know if the device would still be jail breakable. Do you?
    iPhone 4 baseband will downgrade when going back to 6.1.3. As will the 4S and the 5 (6.1.4 for 5). As long as apple is still signing a firmware and therefore still signing the baseband all iPhones from the 4 and later can indeed have their baseband downgraded.
    None of that has any bearing on jailbreaking it though. Baseband has nothing to do with jailbreaking.

Thanks

The iPhone 4 will always be able to be jailbroken because it has an exploit in the HARDWARE of the phone; its not a SOFTWARE dependent exploit. The jailbreak will be tethered, though. It could even be jailbroken on iOS 7 BUT the Devs have not updated redsn0w to allow this.

I tried jailbreaking my ip4 on iOS 7 a little bit ago but it eventually pauses and won't complete the process. It goes through the process we were used to seeing w/ limera1n (scrolling text on black screen) and then stops at a certain point. I used firmware 6.0 since that's what's used for jailbreaking 6.1.3 on an ip4 but redsnow doesn't contain the pieces for Cydia to install on iOS 7.

Hope these answers clear up the confusion.

+ Reply
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678