Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Seeds iOS 7 Beta 2 to Developers

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by risingkazuya05 View Post
    I'm really hating the fact that the "zoomed-in" feature of your wallpapers is still there. Lock screen, Homescreen and contacts pic when your calling the person shows the wallpaper zoomed in and blurry as heck. I even turned the parallax option off and rebooted and its the same. I want my crisp wallpaper display and not have it blurry/zoomed in just like ios6
    Turning off parallax worked for me on both my iPad and iPhone.

I'm sorry to say but iOS 7 beta 2 is so buggy, I try to open apps and keep crashing, I think I'll just go back to iOS 6.1.3

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

It's only beta 2 I'm sure it will have bugs. Sane issues with me. But it's not gonna be perfect it's beta

I'll wait until a public release and see what people think of it.

Then I'll wait until ith be JailBroken - I think I will be waiting a long time before I can upgrade my iPad to iOS7 - but if I buy a new iPhone it is likely to come with it on.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by rote79 View Post
    Do i have to download iOS 7 beta 2 before doing the restore? If yes, where can i download it? Or do i only have to do the restore, and then click "alt" and search for updates?
    You should find the beta 2 download link
    On the web, and it might be a DGM file so you also need 7zip to open it.back up your iPhone and sync all your apps through iTunes( because you can't restore From the cloud backup, it will ask you to activate which can't be done w/o a dev account). Restore your iPhone to the latest firmware and set up your iPhone as new, and shift + upgrade browse your downloaded beta 2 Ipsw. That should bypass the activation. I hope this help you

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mik3y08 View Post
    I have had beta 1 installed on my iPhone 5 since release, I have experienced a few bugs here and there which is to be expected. Overall though I have enjoyed it and I feel it is very stable for beta 1. However, I installed beta 2 on my iPad mini this morning, and I have had nothing but trouble. The time is off, and if I try to fix it my iPad freezes. Also I can not restart my iPad, the Apple logo shows up and then my screen goes black and stays that way. Anyone else experiencing these issues?

**EDIT**
    So I DFU restored back to 6.1.3 and then option-updated back to ios 7, which fixed my reboot issue. However, once it rebooted I tried to set my time manually and this brought back the reboot issue. Must be a bug in the settings app that has to do with setting the time.

**EDIT 2**
    After playing around and many restores later I have concluded that it is def a bug in setting your time manually. If you want to be able to reboot your iPad do NOT manually change your time. It is quite annoying but guess I will deal with my iPad having the wrong time until this is fixed. Sigh.
    I had same issue on ip5...turn 24hr time on then turn off automatically set time zone...crash whole phone!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tucnepo View Post
    You should find the beta 2 download link
    On the web, and it might be a DGM file so you also need 7zip to open it.back up your iPhone and sync all your apps through iTunes( because you can't restore From the cloud backup, it will ask you to activate which can't be done w/o a dev account). Restore your iPhone to the latest firmware and set up your iPhone as new, and shift + upgrade browse your downloaded beta 2 Ipsw. That should bypass the activation. I hope this help you
    You can restore from a cloud backup. I did it on both my iPad and iPhone 5 and I don't have a dev account.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    Here is my issue and I maybe considered one of those condescending people but I for one can't stand people who ask the same questions over and over without reading ANYTHING. Take the time to educate your self a little by reading before trying something blindly a simple a quick search on Google can answer 99% of the questions people have in this thread but they are too lazy and want someone else to solve their problems. Betas are for developers for a reason.
    OK, I can definitely see your point there. Everything I know about computers in general I learned by reading and google. I have found that most people that need help are the people who seldom google or YouTube anything. I'm not sure wether it's a lack of interest, time, or both. I'm kind of a knowledge junky, (i.e. geek, nerd, something I'm sure we have no shortage of on this forum) and when I come against a subject I don't understand, I like to read about it. That's not everyone's interest I've found though...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Donnutt View Post
    OK, I can definitely see your point there. Everything I know about computers in general I learned by reading and google. I have found that most people that need help are the people who seldom google or YouTube anything. I'm not sure wether it's a lack of interest, time, or both. I'm kind of a knowledge junky, (i.e. geek, nerd, something I'm sure we have no shortage of on this forum) and when I come against a subject I don't understand, I like to read about it. That's not everyone's interest I've found though...
    I am the same way, I have to know first hand how something works. I will spend hours reading up on something, wether its something I am looking to purchase or something I want to try like installing a beta.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,255 Times in 1,384 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    I am the same way, I have to know first hand how something works. I will spend hours reading up on something, wether its something I am looking to purchase or something I want to try like installing a beta.
    +100000000

Eventually, though, I have to be hands-on and do it!

Thanks

And you get friends or colleagues saying "you're so brainy or clever, how did you learn all these things?" Errrrr read! It's not that hard really.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by se23 View Post
    And you get friends or colleagues saying "you're so brainy or clever, how did you learn all these things?" Errrrr read! It's not that hard really.
    Ha! I, honestly, think I'm pretty dumb!

I'm sure you're all very clever, far cleverer than me. I'm so stupid I only install betas when I have the support of the software writer as I am to stupid to support it myself.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Ha! I, honestly, think I'm pretty dumb!
    Lol yeah I hear that! But I guess most knowledge comes from reading!

Lol yeah I hear that! But I guess most knowledge comes from reading!
    If you instal betas when you shouldn't you obviously don't read enough.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Who says that non-devs shouldn't install beta?

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    Who says that non-devs shouldn't install beta?
    Apple?

And modmyi always used to agree.

Kyle, your thoughts?

Thanks

Oh please!!!! I knew the risk's as I read the whole reddit thread twice before doing it, it's only a phone not like I took financial advice on my house! And Apple says we shouldn't jailbreak too, how much of that warning did you heed?
    Last edited by se23; 06-27-2013 at 06:09 PM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to se23 For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (06-27-2013)

Thanks

Wrong! We did read enough and know that if the beta screwed up our iDevice, then we can easily restore to 6.1.3/4 w/out any repercussions.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 15,562 Times in 7,112 Posts

Apple?

And modmyi always used to agree.

Kyle, your thoughts?
    Oh please!!!! I knew the risk's as I read the whole reddit thread twice before doing it, it's only a phone not like I took financial advice on my house! And Apple says we shouldn't jailbreak too, how much of that warning did you heed?
    Kinda has a point there Confy. If we all did what Apple wanted us to do this site wouldn't exist
    Modmyi's stance on it I believe is go for it if you want, just don't expect support if something goes wrong (although you may still get help from some of the helpful people on here).
    Oh, and linking to a beta firmware is a no no .

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast