+ Reply
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Seeds iOS 7 Beta 2 to Developers

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
There seems to be a lot of snobby people on this thread saying "if you don't know what you're doing you shouldn't be messing with your phone etc..." Laughing at
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

There seems to be a lot of snobby people on this thread saying "if you don't know what you're doing you shouldn't be messing with your phone etc..." Laughing at people who have screwed up their phones, using condescending language...

The first time I bricked my phone it was the end if the world but I got on forums (this one in fact) and people helped me out. No one talked down to me like I was an idiot and I LEARNED.
    I wish it was still like that, those people who patiently answered my idiotic beginner questions without calling me a noob, or belittling in any way...
    HELPING FOLKS LEARN...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Donnutt For This Useful Post:

andygev35 (06-25-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    I am already on 6.1.3 and was 'hoping' I could just shift-update but its not working. I wonder if my ipsw is bad....?
    Sent u a PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Donnutt View Post
    There seems to be a lot of snobby people on this thread saying "if you don't know what you're doing you shouldn't be messing with your phone etc..." Laughing at people who have screwed up their phones, using condescending language...

The first time I bricked my phone it was the end if the world but I got on forums (this one in fact) and people helped me out. No one talked down to me like I was an idiot and I LEARNED.
    I wish it was still like that, those people who patiently answered my idiotic beginner questions without calling me a noob, or belittling in any way...
    HELPING FOLKS LEARN...
    Here is my issue and I maybe considered one of those condescending people but I for one can't stand people who ask the same questions over and over without reading ANYTHING. Take the time to educate your self a little by reading before trying something blindly a simple a quick search on Google can answer 99% of the questions people have in this thread but they are too lazy and want someone else to solve their problems. Betas are for developers for a reason.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,186 Times in 979 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Donnutt View Post

HELPING FOLKS LEARN...
    There are still some of us who will take the time to help.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (06-25-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone risingkazuya05's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm really hating the fact that the "zoomed-in" feature of your wallpapers is still there. Lock screen, Homescreen and contacts pic when your calling the person shows the wallpaper zoomed in and blurry as heck. I even turned the parallax option off and rebooted and its the same. I want my crisp wallpaper display and not have it blurry/zoomed in just like ios6

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    That's what I did the first time and it didn't work for me either. DFU back to 6.1.3 and then update to 7.
    That's what I'm gonna try now. Sux we have to restore first but, oh well....

So much for shortcuts!!! LOL!

Thanks

I installed the iOS 7 beta 2 on my 4s and the messages do not display the avatars. Does anyone else has this issue?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone30 View Post
    I installed the iOS 7 beta 2 on my 4s and the messages do not display the avatars. Does anyone else has this issue?
    I don't have them either on my 5. They do show up in group messages but not single conversations.
    Last edited by slim.jim; 06-25-2013 at 12:27 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

put b2 in my i5 the modmyi app seems to be working better. no more half screen. service in my house does seem to be worse. sometimes goes from 4g to edge. battery does seem a little better. as much as i love the new ios7 i am about to try out a aliyun phone. tried android and didnt care for it. hopefully aliyun will be somewhere between ios and android.

Thanks

LOL! So I was trying to restore to 6.1.3 but was getting the same error. Then attempted a DFU restore - same error.

It dawned on me, I haven't done an update in a while w/ my MBAir. So, I checked my hosts file and there it was... That stupid TinyUmbrella blocking address!

Removed it and I'm updating from 6.1.3 w/out a restore. Hopefully I won't have any issues w/ iOS 7 once its done! I'll find out when I get back home.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

anyone having issues with dock background, when i did a new restore it was fully transparent, but now its a solid blue, also the Control center is grey instead the bluish color?

Thanks

LOL! So I was trying to restore to 6.1.3 but was getting the same error. Then attempted a DFU restore - same error.

It dawned on me, I haven't done an update in a while w/ my MBAir. So, I checked my hosts file and there it was... That stupid TinyUmbrella blocking address!

Removed it and I'm updating from 6.1.3 w/out a restore. Hopefully I won't have any issues w/ iOS 7 once its done! I'll find out when I get back home.
    Haha. That has to be it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have had beta 1 installed on my iPhone 5 since release, I have experienced a few bugs here and there which is to be expected. Overall though I have enjoyed it and I feel it is very stable for beta 1. However, I installed beta 2 on my iPad mini this morning, and I have had nothing but trouble. The time is off, and if I try to fix it my iPad freezes. Also I can not restart my iPad, the Apple logo shows up and then my screen goes black and stays that way. Anyone else experiencing these issues?

**EDIT**
    So I DFU restored back to 6.1.3 and then option-updated back to ios 7, which fixed my reboot issue. However, once it rebooted I tried to set my time manually and this brought back the reboot issue. Must be a bug in the settings app that has to do with setting the time.

**EDIT 2**
    After playing around and many restores later I have concluded that it is def a bug in setting your time manually. If you want to be able to reboot your iPad do NOT manually change your time. It is quite annoying but guess I will deal with my iPad having the wrong time until this is fixed. Sigh.
    Last edited by mik3y08; 06-25-2013 at 04:19 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by klip2006 View Post
    Its pretty clear to me that Apple is holding out on some features with these betas. At least i hope. Gone is the weather, facebook, and twitter widget in notification center.. Could this mean we are getting some type of lockscreen widget system?? There is currently no quick way to access your weather which is a little irritating. What could apple be holding out on??? hmmm..
    Not true -- tap on the text conditions in the "today" view on NC and the weather app opens.

Anyone else catch the new timestamp feature in Messages? When in a message thread, slide right to left and the actual timestamp appears.

Beta 2 is MUCH snappier and smoother on my i5. Big update from Beta 1.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    I don't have them either on my 5. They do show up in group messages but not single conversations.
    iMessage is working fine for me between iPhone 5 (6.1.2) and iPad 3 (7b2).

Thanks

FYI, Beta 2 on iPad 3. Worx great and didnt need to restore, first!

Thanks

FYI, Beta 2 on iPad 3. Worx great and didnt need to restore, first!
    Mine crashes all the time on third party apps, which is expected.

Thanks

The photos app on my iPad won't even launch, and is behaving oddly on my iPhone. Things won't delete from Photo Stream on my iPhone but they don't show up in iPhoto on my computer like they have been deleted. Some times screen shots don't save immediately to the camera roll and show up later.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    Mine crashes all the time on third party apps, which is expected.
    Can't comment on that, yet. I've mostly used the iOS apps and a couple games my daughter tried out. No issues w/ the Photo.app either

Thanks

Can't comment on that, yet. I've mostly used the iOS apps and a couple games my daughter tried out. No issues w/ the Photo.app either
    I sync'd some more photos to my iPad and now its working fine so I don't know what was wrong.