Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'PatternUnlock' Offers Pattern Unlocking for iOS With Deep Customization Options

Default 'PatternUnlock' Offers Pattern Unlocking for iOS With Deep Customization Options

New to Cydia is a jailbreak tweak called PatternUnlock by iOS developer Jonas Gessner. As the name implies, the tweak gives you the ability to draw patterns to unlock your iOS device. The tweak shows obvious signs of inspiration from the classic AndroidLockXT jailbreak tweak, but it offers more features and customization options that users are just going to love.

As shown above, PatternUnlock gives you nine dots on the lock screen that you can use to create patterns. You will need to connect the dots in the pattern that you set each time to unlock your iOS device – this replaces the need for a numeric passcode and it’s much more fun and secure.

You will notice an SOS button at the top right that sends you to an emergency dial pad, and at the top left you will see a close button that can be used to cancel the input of any patterns.

PatternUnlock is configured entirely from the preferences pane in the Settings application:

Initially, you will be able to enable or disable PatternUnlock, and then you’ll need to set your pattern. Beneath these options, you can choose the frequency that you want your device to ask you to input your pattern, choose one of five built-in themes (other themers can create even more themes), customize the theme you select, configure haptic feedback, and toy with other miscellaneous options.

From the haptic feedback portion of the tweak’s preferences pane, you can configure how the device will vibrate when you use PatternUnlock. You can enable haptic feedback to connecting dots, or for unlocking the device. There is also a button for resetting all vibration settings to their defaults. The top slider in each section represents vibration duration, while the bottom slider in each section represents vibration intensity.

When selecting themes, you’ll be able to pick any of the five built-in themes or any of the themes you have added yourself. With theme configuration you can configure how the connection line appears. The tweak also lets you configure the option bar, emergency call button, and the ability to block the device after too many incorrect patterns just like if you entered a passcode incorrectly too many times.

Notably, PatternUnlock uses AES-256 bit encryption on top of the device's Keychain access to keep your personalized pattern safe. The developer notes that there are over 620,000 different possible pattern combinations in PatternUnlock, so it will take quite a few tries for unwanted hands to get into your iOS device... if they even can. For additional security, the developer recommends that you use a passcode lock on top of the PatternUnlock jailbreak tweak.

PatternUnlock is compatible with iOS 6.0 and later on any iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad. If you want to give it a try, it’s available in Cydia’s BigBoss repository for just $1.99.

Name: PatternUnlock
    Price: $1.99
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: iOS 6.0+
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Jonas Gessner
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

Nice tweak!

by the way,the most left image,is that the new iphone 5s/6?.

Quote Originally Posted by afi View Post
    Nice tweak!

iPhone 6

4. The Following User Says Thank You to evasi0n For This Useful Post:

SnapIt (06-22-2013)

Oh sweet, nice AndroidLockXT clone

Quote Originally Posted by SnapIt View Post
    Oh sweet, nice AndroidLockXT clone
    Lol. People reproducing old tweaks.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mlee19841 For This Useful Post:

SnapIt (06-22-2013)

Nice tweak!

Quote Originally Posted by evasi0n View Post
    iPhone 6
    LMAO, sad but true!

I've always wondered about these. That passcode above is 147896. Why is the swiping without numbers such an advance?

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice tweak!

first your an idiot for thinking thats the new iPhone, its just screen shots with the screen pulled,

second this is the same as Android Lock

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    first your an idiot for thinking thats the new iPhone, its just screen shots with the screen pulled,

And 3rd you need to learn how to take a joke and respect others!! You just call this guy idiot because of hes comment!! How sad!!
    And most of us know about Android Lock too.
    Instagram: zplit
    Twitter: zplit

Banned
    Thanks

when this makes its way to iOS 8 or 9 people will say it was copied from Cydia and not Android.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,757 Times in 753 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    when this makes its way to iOS 8 or 9 people will say it was copied from Cydia and not Android.
    You know your wasting your time post on here, you do know that right??? ROFLFMAO

Because when you post this is all we here from you and do!!!!!

Charlie Brown Teacher Speaking - YouTube

2,107 posts and you seriously didn't catch that he was making a joke!

Quote Originally Posted by zplit View Post
    And 3rd you need to learn how to take a joke and respect others!! You just call this guy idiot because of his comment!! How sad!!
    And most of us know about Android Lock too.
    agree

I guess I just don't understand the fascination with an Android style lock screen...

18. The Following User Says Thank You to andygev35 For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (06-22-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    Darn right

My iPhone is a Part of Me vietkool's Avatar
    Thanks

I keep using my android XT lock cuz it FREEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!! LOL

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by andygev35 View Post
    I guess I just don't understand the fascination with an Android style lock screen...
    because Android offers options, its all about options.

Bout this and regret it. 3 huge fails compared to AndroidLockXT, which I've now switched back to.

1. Can set it to bypass on a connected wifi. So when sitting at home, can no longer have it set not to prompt me every 5 min's. (I could live with this)

2. No bypass on a connected bluetooth. This sucks as I don't want to have to enter either code when riding my bike. With ALXT, I don't have to enter either the factory or the AL pattern since I have the option to bypass when connected to my headset. (can't live without this any more as I'm too used to it)

3. Biggest of all is not allowing apps to bypass the app. I have my lock screen clock set to bring up a diff camera when I swipe the camera button up. With this pattern unlock, it jumps to the factory code every time even though I've entered the swipe pattern successfully. That just sucks.

Uninstalled for now.

What would happen if you forgot your pattern and couldn't get back into your phone? Would you just have to start in safe mode and delete the tweak or is there another way?

Shouldn't call someone an idiot when you can't even spell.