+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Photos Claim to Show Apple's iPhone 5S

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default Photos Claim to Show Apple's iPhone 5S

As Apple’s annual iPhone refresh cycle draws near, the number of rumors regarding the so-called “iPhone 5S” continue to grow, with the latest being a set of photos claiming to show the handset in near complete form. The images obtained by MacRumors, appear to show an almost fully assembled next-gen iPhone. A closer inspection of the pictures seems to yield more questions than answers though.

The first image of the supposed iPhone 5S internals seems to be in line with several rumored part leaks, which include the handset’s logic board, loudspeaker, SIM card tray, vibration motor, and other smaller components. If you take a closer look at the picture though, you’ll get a better perspective of the chassis and the build as a whole and doing so leads to the conclusion that what is seen is either a prototype or hybrid of the current iPhone 5 and components from an unreleased version of the device.

The vibration motor is clearly visible on the top left with its single weight. This counters a recently “leaked” photo showing that the next-gen iPhone would be using a dual-weight system. The logic board looks to be the same as the part revealed earlier in the week as seen by the display connectors which have been repositioned in respect to the existing model. Photos of a display assembly and attached flex cables leaked the same day matched up with the board’s connection almost perfectly, suggesting the two parts may be legitimate.

Right underneath the display plugs is an unlabeled processor with a small Apple logo. The arrangement of capacitors lines up with the CPU and as noted by MacRumors, the screen-printed numbering suggests that the chip was made in late October of 2012, which is a very early run for a next-gen handset. At the bottom of the picture is the speaker, which sits on top of flex cables belonging to the microphone and Lightning dock connector, both of which are parts congruent with the supposedly “leaked” components pictured earlier in the month. Last but not least, the battery carries markings that point to a capacity of 5.92 Watt-hours in comparison to the iPhone 5 which has a 5.45 Watt-hours unit.

The second image shows the iPhone 5S back casing, though the details don’t seem to add up to a next-gen handset. The model number on the back appears to be “A1214,” which is a designation that has never been seen on the iPhone before. Apple’s GSM version of the iPhone 4S moved onto a naming convention of “A14XX,” which continues with the current iPhone 5. It’s possible that the model number signifies a probable prototype but it isn’t known for sure. Despite being a bit blurry, the image shows the much-rumored dual-flash positioned near the rear-facing camera.

Taking the information we do know from the pictures coupled with the fact that there seems to be some wear and tear in the photos, it can be concluded that the images may show an early prototype of the device. If the pictures are legitimate, it shows that Apple has changed very little when it comes to design and has only made some minor upgrades to the internal specifications of the device. This falls into place with the previous iPhone conventions when it comes to “S” models.

Source: MacRumors

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Akshay Masand For This Useful Post:

A11AST3R (06-21-2013), bAdkid (06-21-2013)

Thanks

who cares what it looks like. we all know its gonna look exactly like the 5 anyway.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to patoons For This Useful Post:

LudaChris (06-21-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by patoons View Post
    who cares what it looks like. we all know its gonna look exactly like the 5 anyway.
    I know the inside look about the same as 5 just looks like the moved the screen plugs will have to see when it comes out

Thanks

Im willing to wait and see. If the refresh cycle was like it used to be, we would already have it :]

Green Apple
    Thanks

I dont think anyone is going yay, im waiting to get one of those!, apple is becoming as boring as my grandmother.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

3G,3GS,4,4s,5....... Take a wild guess what it will look like. Most likely this rumor will come true.

Green Apple
    Thanks

With these long apple life cycles and Jailbreaks coming harder n longer to accomplish, I'm so tempting to get a big change enjoyment n switch over to android, maybe HTC ONE, until the iPhone 6 comes out. Sick of the iPhone "s" releases.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by itouch24 View Post
    With these long apple life cycles and Jailbreaks coming harder n longer to accomplish, I'm so tempting to get a big change enjoyment n switch over to android, maybe HTC ONE, until the iPhone 6 comes out. Sick of the iPhone "s" releases.
    I just got the One yesterday and I love It so happy I made the switch, well still have my 5 cause of the ecosystem. You can never completely leave Apple. The One is a beast and completely customizable. No rooting needed.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Sometimes i wonder this pictures were purposely leak out as a teaser.....but who cares, still the same size nothing great about it.....
    Apple really need to start to have moe oprions to the user

iPhone? More like MyPhone Eagleye's Avatar
    Thanks

The predictability of the iPhone product cycle is getting boring. They need to freshen things up and take more innovative risks like they just did with the Mac Pro. I've gotten onto the "upgrade on an "S" version" cycle and its good in the sense that I'm buying a refined product - so it's not going to have as many problems. But it's boring and routine.

iPhone? More like MyPhone shigh's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by awsy44 View Post
    I dont think anyone is going yay, im waiting to get one of those!, apple is becoming as boring as my grandmother.
    Im going "yay" since im still using my 4s. Upgrade in september. Perfect timing.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Thanks

Lol

Thanks

Flash looks bigger. That excites me...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shigh View Post
    Im going "yay" since im still using my 4s. Upgrade in september. Perfect timing.
    im also going to "yay" because my contract is up on this ****** Evo 3d and i can upgrade

Green Apple
    Thanks

this is why i moved to S4 =)

Thanks
    I'm going "Yay!" As well! I've been using my 4S for almost 2 years. Ill be jumping right on pre-order right away

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZSakowski View Post
    I'm going "Yay!" As well! I've been using my 4S for almost 2 years. Ill be jumping right on pre-order right away
    how do you think i feel....I am still on a JB T-mobile 3GS. Release the damn thing already,

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

I am. Can't wait to sell my 5 for $500+ and buy 5S for $200 with contract.

October is when I can upgrade.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shigh View Post
    So am I! High five!

iPhone? More like MyPhone ridingsupreme's Avatar
    Thanks

Even Steve jobs said his products would be outdated quickly. It's the normal way of things. Something new comes up its fantastic sells off the shelves and then it gets old. Such is life.

Getting harder and harder to stay an apple fan with the lack of innovation.