+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Recently Leaked High Resolution Images Claim to Show iPhone 5S Display

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default Recently Leaked High Resolution Images Claim to Show iPhone 5S Display

A set of recently released high resolution images were posted on the web claiming to show a side-by-side comparison of the display assemblies for Apple’s iPhone 5 and a rumored next-generation model dubbed “iPhone 5S.” The photos come from FanaticFone, which alleges to have gotten their hands on a sample of the iPhone 5S display assembly some months before analysts expect Apple to unveil the next-gen handset.

The high-resolution pictures come on the heels of an identical image previously revealed, which appears to match up with a supposed iPhone 5S “leaked” logic board. While the previous photos appear to be congruent with the latest imagery, it isn’t clear whether the display assembly is a production model, a prototype, or just a well-crafted mock-up.

The pictures recently released by FanaticFone, while clear and unobstructed, are of unusually high quality with no shadows or digital artifacts. This means that photos’ metadata shows the picture were taken with a prosumer DSLR without flash, meaning an external lighting source such as a light box was used to capture the nearly flawless images. Assuming that the part is legitimate though, it appears as if Apple made only minor changes to the display assembly, with chassis anchor points, camera holes and even antenna plugs located in an identical spot. The most obvious difference between the two components is the flex cable that feeds information and power to the panel and touch data back to the handset.

As Apple’ annual refresh cycle is coming to the end, an increasing number of purported leaks are showing up online. Ultimately, we’ll have to wait and be patient to see what is true and what isn’t.

Source: FanaticFone via AppleInsider

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Interesting

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stolenpentium View Post
    Interesting

interesting indeed
    identical almost
    innovating

Thanks

The 5s is going to be the same same but different... Time will tell what the difference shall be...

Thanks
    Thanked 8,991 Times in 4,511 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sage I View Post
    The 5s is going to be the same same but different... Time will tell what the difference shall be...
    It is iOS7 that will steal the show running on 5S. That's what will seem like the main innovation. iOS 7 is a true game changer. Hardware-wise - the 5S will be exactly like the 4S and 3GS in terms of upgrade to its predecessor: just speed and maybe a little better camera. Don't expect any screen size changes, etc..
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple will call this phone "magical" and "revolutionary" lol, Yeah right! I am not falling for that anymore. FAIL!

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hogcia For This Useful Post:

Colwood (06-19-2013), Faresismail (06-19-2013), LudaChris (06-19-2013), mustard05 (06-19-2013)

Thanks

Im blown away :]

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bigboyz For This Useful Post:

Faresismail (06-19-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow. Hope it's not it. I like the iPhone 5 but I wish they just widened it a little to match the tallness. But apple will be apple.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mlee19841 For This Useful Post:

LudaChris (06-19-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've been an avid iPhone user for years, and still am. But I'll admit, Apple and the iPhone is starting to bore me. If a handset like the Galaxy S4 or the HTC One could run iOS, I'd switch to that device in a heartbeat. Come on, Apple, you're falling way behind as far as innovative phone hardware and design.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to egypt123 For This Useful Post:

LudaChris (06-19-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If this Images are real than Apple has done big big Innovation....Lol

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

For all of you crying about Apple not being innovative and that they're falling behind Samsung, please for the love of all things normal...STOP! WTF do you really expect? Do you really think that the SG4 is all that different from the SG3? If you do you're just being intentionally stupid. How much thinner or wider, or taller, or revolutionary are these companies supposed to make an effing phone? Do we now expect our phones to hold us while we sleep? Are they supposed to babysit the kids, give us the secrets to unlocking DNA? I mean both the SG4 and the iPhone5 both are faster than most internet services that any of us get. They're tiny computers in the palm of our hands but most of you are crying about not being able to watch a feature length movie on the damn things.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ahayes For This Useful Post:

bbrks (06-19-2013), NewdestinyX (06-19-2013), shadow2388 (06-20-2013)

Thanks

Well stated!! ^^^^^^^^^^

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ahayes View Post
    For all of you crying about Apple not being innovative and that they're falling behind Samsung, please for the love of all things normal...STOP! WTF do you really expect? Do you really think that the SG4 is all that different from the SG3? If you do you're just being intentionally stupid. How much thinner or wider, or taller, or revolutionary are these companies supposed to make an effing phone? Do we now expect our phones to hold us while we sleep? Are they supposed to babysit the kids, give us the secrets to unlocking DNA? I mean both the SG4 and the iPhone5 both are faster than most internet services that any of us get. They're tiny computers in the palm of our hands but most of you are crying about not being able to watch a feature length movie on the damn things.
    Whose complaining about a feature length movie? Most complaints I see are people wishing for a larger screen..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jasvncnt10 View Post
    Whose complaining about a feature length movie? Most complaints I see are people wishing for a larger screen..
    The screen is perfectly proportioned for Wide Screen video now - FINALLY!.. Why do we want to mess with that?!?!?!? The Note 2 -- looks just plain ridiculous in people's hands that I've seen.. Most can't even get their whole hand around it.. It just looks so silly to me..

20. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (06-19-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ahayes View Post
    Sweet. I'm glad someone said it. People are always griping about apple's "lack" of new innovation. But the fact that each iPhone has outsold the previous model in the first five minutes it's released tells me that apple is doing something right. My iPhone 5 is a completely different animal than the 4S, especially running iOS 7. And for all the whiners saying "that's it, I'm going to Samsung", bye! Don't let the big shiny glass apple door hit you in the a** on the way out! And btw, go troll an android forum.

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    The screen is perfectly proportioned for Wide Screen video now - FINALLY!.. Why do we want to mess with that?!?!?!? The Note 2 -- looks just plain ridiculous in people's hands that I've seen.. Most can't even get their whole hand around it.. It just looks so silly to me..
    My brother in law is a contractor. A giant bear of a guy with massive paws. He's the only one I've seen that makes it look normal. To see him with an iPhone is downright comical. Holding it gingerly with two fingers...
    Last edited by Donnutt; 06-19-2013 at 08:33 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    Wow. Hope it's not it. I like the iPhone 5 but I wish they just widened it a little to match the tallness. But apple will be apple.
    It's a 16:9 ratio. It's how your tv probably is and your computer monitor. It's the ratio it should be.

Thanks

I don't want a bigger screen. I have an iPad for that. If I wanted a bigger screen I'd buy a phone with a bigger screen. I wan't a phone that will easily (!) fit in my pocket/my hand. Some of my students have the bigger phones- makes it easier to spot 'em using them in the classroom, but when I take them away they barely fit in MY pocket. Too big for my tastes. I just want the iPhone to work well. If it does that, I'm happy. That means better battery life, better GUI, some customizability, etc. And I can get the last if I can jailbreak. Though each iteration of the iPhone has allowed me to use fewer jailbreak tweaks. I'm down to biteSMS, Infinidock, and some stuff to change the status bar and lock screen. Oh, and custom icons.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Typical of Apple. They don't look any different and far far smaller than the Samsung.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Albut View Post
    Typical of Apple. They don't look any different and far far smaller than the Samsung.
    Do you need to compensate for something with a bigger screen? Please see the South Park Chimpokomon episode, lol.

Thanks

I could have predicted this whole thread!