+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Recently Leaked High Resolution Images Claim to Show iPhone 5S Display

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I'd like to see 2GB of RAM, which may be possibility, since iOS 7 seems to use a little bit more RAM than it's predecessors, and Apple would like to
    Thanks

I'd like to see 2GB of RAM, which may be possibility, since iOS 7 seems to use a little bit more RAM than it's predecessors, and Apple would like to have their next phone perform well. I'd also like to see 12-13 megapixel rear camera, as well as a better front-facing camera, so as to compete with the GS4. Screen-size of the 5 is fine, so no change there is necessary. Hopefully, Apple will also introduce the A7 chip, which should be quad-core. Also, a slightly better battery could be a possibility, with technology advancing the way it is.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anonymous For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (06-19-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    I'd like to see 2GB of RAM, which may be possibility, since iOS 7 seems to use a little bit more RAM than it's predecessors, and Apple would like to have their next phone perform well. I'd also like to see 12-13 megapixel rear camera, as well as a better front-facing camera, so as to compete with the GS4. Screen-size of the 5 is fine, so no change there is necessary. Hopefully, Apple will also introduce the A7 chip, which should be quad-core. Also, a slightly better battery could be a possibility, with technology advancing the way it is.
    A higher megapixel camera does not mean a better camera. It just means bigger file sizes so your storage space gets filled up faster and if you sync to the cloud that also gets filled up faster. The current MP of the iPhone 5 is approximately an 8x10 photo printed at 300dpi, which is perfect for 99% of consumers. Those looking to print large format are going to be looking at a dslr where the higher MP will be needed.

iPhone? More like MyPhone playboii's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    It's a 16:9 ratio. It's how your tv probably is and your computer monitor. It's the ratio it should be.
    never realized this lol. But good to know

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

Why are you people so stubborn? The fact is that many people would love a bigger screen. Apple has already stated that they want some of the "Phablet" market. Google it up!

In my opinion I believe next year will be huge for Apple if they released a bigger phone, which I believe they finally will.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,989 Times in 4,509 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    Why are you people so stubborn? The fact is that many people would love a bigger screen. Apple has already stated that they want some of the "Phablet" market. Google it up!

In my opinion I believe next year will be huge for Apple if they released a bigger phone, which I believe they finally will.
    Apple "blazes trails".. they don't bow to the will of the people.. You should know that by now.. It's friggin' Apple!
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks

What do you mean "you people"?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Apple will call this phone "magical" and "revolutionary" lol, Yeah right! I am not falling for that anymore. FAIL!
    I fall for it every time lulz I ain't even mad

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Answer1o1 View Post
    I fall for it every time lulz I ain't even mad
    Yup-- especially with a British guy telling you all about it at Apple's site..(that accent sells me EVERY time, being an American..)

iPhone? More like MyPhone ridingsupreme's Avatar
    Thanks

They're just streamlining things and improving serviceability, cost and lastly, efficiency and improvements.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    It is iOS7 that will steal the show running on 5S. That's what will seem like the main innovation. iOS 7 is a true game changer. Hardware-wise - the 5S will be exactly like the 4S and 3GS in terms of upgrade to its predecessor: just speed and maybe a little better camera. Don't expect any screen size changes, etc..
    ios7 is a game changer ?? please tell me more. All the features of ios7 have been around for years in the jailbreak community , in webOS , in android , in windows mobile and blackberry. Is ios7 smooth and clean ? yes, but hardly a game changer or brand new technology.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyScottie View Post
    ios7 is a game changer ?? please tell me more. All the features of ios7 have been around for years in the jailbreak community , in webOS , in android , in windows mobile and blackberry. Is ios7 smooth and clean ? yes, but hardly a game changer or brand new technology.
    You answered your own question there. iOS 7 is a game changer precisely BECAUSE, it's full of features "built into" iOS now. "Game Changer" doesn't mean innovation in and of itself. It's a game changer for iOS - itself.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

shadow2388 (06-20-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ahayes View Post
    For all of you crying about Apple not being innovative and that they're falling behind Samsung, please for the love of all things normal...STOP! WTF do you really expect? Do you really think that the SG4 is all that different from the SG3? If you do you're just being intentionally stupid. How much thinner or wider, or taller, or revolutionary are these companies supposed to make an effing phone? Do we now expect our phones to hold us while we sleep? Are they supposed to babysit the kids, give us the secrets to unlocking DNA? I mean both the SG4 and the iPhone5 both are faster than most internet services that any of us get. They're tiny computers in the palm of our hands but most of you are crying about not being able to watch a feature length movie on the damn things.
    Apple could have change the design. Its going to be 4 years running with the same design. iphone 4, 4S, 5, and now 5S.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to anekin007 For This Useful Post:

twitchthecat (06-20-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well stated!! ^^^^^^^^^^
    Gs4 has a slightly larger screen, yet keeps the over all size almost identical to gs3. It has better everything, it's a true upgrade.they improved on everything that people enjoyed about the gs3, without thinking about production costs (the only reason apple doesn't change the body is so they can use the same machining process.) I'm not saying the 5 is an inferior product, but it can't even play full 720p video without ruining the aspect ratio. Going into 2014 it will be ridiculous for iPhone to be the only phone not able to view 720p natively. It's not going to happen granted, but there's a reason android, in specific the galaxy line has been growing at a much faster rate than apple is post iPhone 4S.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eclipseblur954 View Post
    Gs4 has a slightly larger screen, yet keeps the over all size almost identical to gs3. It has better everything, it's a true upgrade.they improved on everything that people enjoyed about the gs3, without thinking about production costs (the only reason apple doesn't change the body is so they can use the same machining process.) I'm not saying the 5 is an inferior product, but it can't even play full 720p video without ruining the aspect ratio. Going into 2014 it will be ridiculous for iPhone to be the only phone not able to view 720p natively. It's not going to happen granted, but there's a reason android, in specific the galaxy line has been growing at a much faster rate than apple is post iPhone 4S.
    How is the aspect ratio ruined on iPhone5? Tread carefully - you're talking to a video pro here..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eclipseblur954 View Post
    You do realize that true 720p (1280x720) is a 16:9 ratio. The ratio of the iPhone 5 screen is... wait for it... 16:9... Boom, mind blown!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to slim.jim For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (06-20-2013)

Thanks

You do realize that true 720p (1280x720) is a 16:9 ratio. The ratio of the iPhone 5 screen is... wait for it... 16:9... Boom, mind blown!
    Aw.. You're stealing my fun, Slim! .. I was SOO wanting to educate him...

Thanks

You answered your own question there. iOS 7 is a game changer precisely BECAUSE, it's full of features "built into" iOS now. "Game Changer" doesn't mean innovation in and of itself. It's a game changer for iOS - itself.
    That's stupid and you apparently don't know what the term "game changer" means.

Thanks

Aw.. You're stealing my fun, Slim! .. I was SOO wanting to educate him...
    Sorry I couldn't help myself. Especially because I had already said it was 16:9 earlier in the thread. I personally have never seen the iPhone distort any properly encoded video file regardless of resolution. It just letterboxes anything that isn't full screen.

Thanks

Sorry I couldn't help myself. Especially because I had already said it was 16:9 earlier in the thread. I personally have never seen the iPhone distort any properly encoded video file regardless of resolution. It just letterboxes anything that isn't full screen.
    yeah.. never distortion. My only issue is that there's still so much video out there at 3:2 - that looked a smidgen more natural to the ip4/4S' screen size.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    Wow. Hope it's not it. I like the iPhone 5 but I wish they just widened it a little to match the tallness. But apple will be apple.
    16:9 ratio is supposed to be the best ratio out there for a viewing standpoint. The iPhone 5 is very close to a 16:9 ratio.